Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: A.I. Government

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,695
    Blog Entries
    2

    A.I. Government

    Democracy has always been seen as the end all system of rule. But it isn’t and shouldn’t be if humanity wants to remain in this adequate and bland reality of our structured societies.

    Suggestion:

    An A.I. president verified and guided by a blockchain kind of system controlled by the population, as well as enforced by local human custodians recommended by the A.I. and then elected by the population.

    The A.I is programmed with a protocol that is structured out of the ”golden rules” and ”timeless wisdoms” lifted from all sacred texts. As well as a strong protocol that protects the individuals right to live their lives as they wish, in private or not, unless it conflicts with the previous ”golden” protocol.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridger Mountains
    Posts
    2,147
    Blog Entries
    4
    I like the idea. Though I’m not sure everyone would.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,024
    It is a very convenient possibility of our times to be able to give off responsabilities. There are AIs and Apps for everything:

    Health app which tell how many steps to make.

    Fitness app tells you what workout to do and how.

    AI drives your car and choses which persons to run over if necessary.

    Tinder tells you who to date, others what to eat.

    There are war drones who decide independantly which building or people to attack with a certain weapon.

    All this to not be in charge and make decisions by ourselves.

    An AI as president of the world? Not for me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    262
    A. I. can't see into the human's soul, so it would lead to a lot of injustice.

    However, democracy is also not the way to go. Democracy is the power of the masses. Masses on 95% consist of blind, ignorant and aggressive people. Thankfully, there was no pure democracy in the last years, otherwise Earth would long be dead by now because of nuclear war and other horrors which happen when some illiterate farmers start ruling whole countries (which sadly happens in some small countries, thankfully those countries have no access to weapons of mass destruction).

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Democracy has always been seen as the end all system of rule. But it isn’t and shouldn’t be if humanity wants to remain in this adequate and bland reality of our structured societies.

    Suggestion:

    An A.I. president verified and guided by a blockchain kind of system controlled by the population, as well as enforced by local human custodians recommended by the A.I. and then elected by the population.

    The A.I is programmed with a protocol that is structured out of the ”golden rules” and ”timeless wisdoms” lifted from all sacred texts. As well as a strong protocol that protects the individuals right to live their lives as they wish, in private or not, unless it conflicts with the previous ”golden” protocol.

    That sounds awesome! I suggest we start with the Bible. Here you have some of its highlights...

    “This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

    A command of Moses: “Do not allow a sorceress to live.” (Exodus 22:18)

    “Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

    “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,695
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    All this to not be in charge and make decisions by ourselves.
    That's because most humans are children. My three-year-old can choose when she wants to go to the toilet, but there it ends for her in terms of making decisions. Also those humans who can be in charge and make decisions would love this A.I. president because it would empower men of action, give them free reign as long as they don't break the golden rule protocol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    An AI as president of the world? Not for me.
    An A.I., as I imagine it, could not be briebed, so you won't get decisions made that endager everyones human right and the right of nature and so fort... it's not an app... I am talking about a proper A.I. that would enforce the golden rule and make sure everyone is fine and dandy, as best as it could... and in my mind way better than the current state of affairs in all governments and societies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    A. I. can't see into the human's soul, so it would lead to a lot of injustice.
    Why not? With machine learning it can probably generate an understanding of the human soul more than a human... and personally speaking if X murder someone or ruin other peoples lives etc., X has no right to a soul... so if the A.I. decides to do something about X it would... but also remember that it follows the golden rules so it couldn't execute X... it would have to think up something else... and this is the important bit: I could think of solutions us stupid duality humans would never think nor consider.


    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    Here you have some of its highlights...)
    Don't be daft.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  7. #7
    Also... An A.I. can be brutal indeed with its cold, irrefutable logic!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,695
    Blog Entries
    2
    If someone can't take a joke then clearly they are too much of an ego, such people should never be in charge (although they mostly are). An A.I. would also enforce true wisdom like "always speak the truth"... so if someones wife is fat it would say so, and when it's asked about X it would also tell the truth. It would be the first ever transparent govermnet.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    If someone can't take a joke then clearly they are too much of an ego, such people should never be in charge (although they mostly are). An A.I. would also enforce true wisdom like "always speak the truth"... so if someones wife is fat it would say so, and when it's asked about X it would also tell the truth. It would be the first ever transparent govermnet.

    While wise people generally speak the truth, it is not ALWAYS wise to do so. You see, that's the thing with wisdom... It can't be used in a mechanical manner. It needs to be applied with intuition, empathy, and love. Intelligence alone won't be sufficient.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    8,695
    Blog Entries
    2
    There is a big picture kind of deal.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.


+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts