Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Causing triggers disorder?

Blog Entries

Causing triggers disorder?

Is there a term or medical name for an individual that for some reason can't help but to say whatever is not allowed to be said, due to it being status quo?

For example this person would never say a bad word for someone being gay, but when gay rights are accepted and it has become incorrect to even say such bad words there is an urge to do so. Or fight for women's rights, but when they have those rights get the urge to demean them. You can apply this to any topic.

Is there a term?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Is there a term or medical name for an individual that for some reason can't help but to say whatever is not allowed to be said, due to it being status quo?

For example this person would never say a bad word for someone being gay, but when gay rights are accepted and it has become incorrect to even say such bad words there is an urge to do so. Or fight for women's rights, but when they have those rights get the urge to demean them. You can apply this to any topic.

Is there a term?

Likely "rebelliousness", "maladaptive", 'anthrophobia", "Metathesiophobia", or "maliciousness", but I would call it "Archie Bunkerism".
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 1 Week Ago at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    I mean more like "tourettes" or "bipolar"... that kind of term. If any know.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I don't know of a term for such specific cases, but the more general term is "contrarian". It is mostly used in business/investing, but would theoretically apply to the above scenarios as well.

There is a French short story (I don't recall the title unfortunately) about a man who was obsessed with doing the opposite of what was accepted as "normative", essentially the ultimate contrarian.

At the end of the story, he is put on trial for murder, brilliantly defends himself, gets fully acquitted, and immediately after that pleads guilty. He is subsequently sent to the guillotine, and even there he can't accept to be decapitated "normally", so he manages to pull his head half way out, so the instead of the knife "normally" beheading him, it only severs the upper half of his head

Perhaps one of our French friends here can name the title of this short story...

I thought of Contrarian, but Andro wrote it first.
    I don't think there is a psychiatric term because it's not a pathology in itself... and people with absolutely different personalities can be like that (a paranoid can do it, a strong neurotic can do it, a narcissist can do it... so many etceteras).

Anyway... probably contrarian is the most accurate word.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. That was the word. It was on my lips...

Cool story Andro.

+ Reply to Thread