Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advertisements & Other Commercialized Behavior

Exclamation Advertisements & Other Commercialized Behavior

I need to reiterate something very important in this thread: there will be absolutely no forms of advertisements for businesses or any other such endeavors. There will be absolutely no forms of upselling or citing sources/referencing alchemical products produced by any company whatsoever. I am also considering restricting links posted in your signature or profile. You will be in violation of these rules if your link points to a company of any sorts (even if you're only selling a single product). Violation of this rule also includes the classic X amount of "free products" advertisement hoopla.

If this occurs an infraction will be issued. You have two chances, and may receive up to two infractions before being banned. If I spot this behavior for the third time it will result in an instantaneous banning.

I'm sorry, but this forum must remain free of commercialized influences. These are the laws of the land, and if you don't like it please see yourself out the door. I am a nice guy, and fairly lax most of the time, but this is something that must be dealt with by means of an iron fist. Please be aware that most forums have rules against these sort of practices.

Good day!
    Last edited by Aleilius; 07-21-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Clarification

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleilius View Post
    I am also considering restricting links posted in your signature or profile.
    Good idea, but no need to do that since we now have this: New Signature Rules

You can of course promote your artistic work in the Art section. If you have released an album or written a book or something. It is all about in the manner it is done, not what is done. If the only thing you come here to do is to promote something then that is bad form... but if you are a participating member and want to share some work you have done then that is ok even if you provide a link to where you are selling it.

Last edited by Awani; 06-05-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread