Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Snake and The Tree.

Adama, simply means earth or soil.

Adom means red.

So there is a connection, between the two, but Adama is not red earth, it is simply earth.

Adama is also Adam'eh, same spelling. It means 'I shall be like' or 'I shall equate myself and be like'.

The purpose of the earth is to be like the heavens. As above so below.

So the purpose of man is to be like G-d.

But not in a Lucifer kind of way, which is I shall replace G-d and be a god among men.

Blog Entries
    Wikipedia:

Adam (אדם) literally means "red", and there is an etymological connection between adam and adamah, adamah designating "red clay" or "red ground" in a non-theological context.[7] In traditional Jewish theology, a strong etymological connection between the two words is often assumed. Maimonides believed the word adam to be derived from the word adamah, analogous to the way in which mankind was created from the ground.[8] In contemporary biblical scholarship there is a general consensus that the words have an etymological relationship, but the exact nature of it is disputed. The word adam has no feminine form in Hebrew, but if it did, it would be adamah.[6] However, it is considered unlikely that the word adamah is a feminization of "adam", and the prevailing hypothesis is that both words originate from the verbal stem "adam" (to be red) and were chosen by the author of Genesis to convey the relationship between man and the adamah.[7][9]

There is additional relationship between the words adam and adamah and the word dam (דם), meaning blood.[10] This justifies the presence in the Kashrut of the prohibition of the consumption of blood: the blood of a slaughtered animal must be returned to the ground, and covered with earth.[11] The concept could also date back to primitive woman's "birth magic," or the making of clay manikins and anointing them with menstrual blood—the sacred "blood of life"—in order to conceive real children. Women were still making clay manikins to represent people by sympathetic magic through such manikins, in the Middle Ages when such pursuits were redefined as witchcraft. Clay was always a "feminine" material, sacred to women because it was their substance earth. Pottery was a woman's art because of this time-honored association of ideas.[12]

If you want to trust someone's lack of understanding of Biblical Hebrew... Go ahead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturneus View Post
    If you want to trust someone's lack of understanding of Biblical Hebrew... Go ahead.
    Isn't that convenient. It's well sourced, you can check the article and the citations for yourself. Wikipedia wasn't around when I "picked" up this information. This isn't political or pop culture content. These types of wikipedia articles are well maintained, by people that know.

I could pull it from "books", but I am quite certain it wouldn't matter the source I quoted if it disagreed with your opinions.

Blog Entries
    Isn't it the Epic of Gilgamesh? It's been awhile, that's whats coming to mind.. I'd have to look it up.
    If like the world flood, there are repeated references to a cursing or changing the soil of the earth from different creation myths,
    I'd bet somewhere in the geological record there is a sign corroborating a change.

Any proto Sumerian stuff you have would be great for this topic. What i'm sure of is that the demonising of the snake in creation happened much later.
    From Gilgamesh's story the snake takes immortality away from a rapist. It was a mistake for Ziusudra's wife to help him.
    Karma and the snake had other plans.

This justifies the presence in the Kashrut of the prohibition of the consumption of blood: the blood of a slaughtered animal must be returned to the ground, and covered with earth
    what does blood chemically do to the earth. The origin of the practice could be a way to try and chemically change the earth back to before Gods curse.

I can't believe the creation myths are so cut and dry as whats being presented in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Marcus View Post
    Isn't that convenient. It's well sourced, you can check the article and the citations for yourself. Wikipedia wasn't around when I "picked" up this information. This isn't political or pop culture content. These types of wikipedia articles are well maintained, by people that know.

I could pull it from "books", but I am quite certain it wouldn't matter the source I quoted if it disagreed with your opinions.
    You will never find a single Orthodox Jewish source that says Adam = red, and Adama = red earth/soil.

You will find that AdOm means red, thus there is a connection between red, Adam and Adama. But Adam means Adam the name for man, and Adama means soil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturneus View Post
    You will never find a single Orthodox Jewish source that says Adam = red, and Adama = red earth/soil.
    I don't single-source anything. Do you think the same holds true for Jewish sources in general? These ideas aren't new or modern, they go back centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    If like the world flood, there are repeated references to a cursing or changing the soil of the earth from different creation myths.
    You could read the end of Fulcanelli's cathedrales (about the cross of hendaye). There he writes about the ends of ages. If there is a flood on the northern hemisphere, there is a fire on the southern. If there is a flood on the southern hemisphere, there is a fire on the northern.

And that's what is supposed to happen to the northern hemisphere next. It's also another hidden meaning of INRI: Igne Natura Renoventur Integra

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Marcus View Post
    I don't single-source anything. Do you think the same holds true for Jewish sources in general? These ideas aren't new or modern, they go back centuries.
    And G-d ceased from all his work and rested.

Ceased is Shavat.
    Same spelling as Shabbat.

But Shabbat is the name of the seventh day.
    Shabbat doesn't mean "ceased". It is the name for the seventh day.

But, there is a huge connection between Shabbat and Shavat. Still not the same word not the same meaning.

Save'ah means satisfied, as in the sensation of being full after being hungry.

Sheva and Save'ah has the same exact spelling, but Sheva means seven.
    So there is a HUGE connection between Shabbat, the seventh day and satisfaction.

What you are doing is claiming Sheva and Save'ah, Shabbat and Shavat have the same meaning.

Many scholars are dumb.

Blog Entries
    That's gotta be the weakening of the earths Em fields. I'l give it a read.

+ Reply to Thread