Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Snake and The Tree.

The Snake and The Tree.

G-d created Adam and Eve as perfect creatures possessing wisdom and intelligence beyond what we deformed wretched humans can even comprehend.
    So if you thought they were "stupid"... flush it out, they weren't stupid.

However, he didn't give them the ability to know Good and Evil. He did, however, give them a crystal clear understanding of Truth and Falsehood, and the instinct to detect them.

But the Snake wasn't happy about it, he had his own agenda.

So he decided to crash the party and ruin it.

This is how he did it.

But first, let us recount G-d's commandment to Adam.

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. (Genesis 2:17)
    Alright, clear enough, don't eat of that fruit or you will die.

Next, we read about Eve's conversation with the Snake.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
    First, the Snake tests Eve's ability to recognize Truth from Falsehoods.
    Did G-d say? or did he not say?

So Eve displays her mastery over the art of knowing truth and falsehood.
    Yeah, G-d did say: "Eat of every tree, except this one tree or you will die" and this is my account of the truth as was revealed to me.

The Snake impressed with her mastery over the art, now challenges her with a new art, the art of knowing Good from Evil.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
    The Snake told her: No no no... No need for baseless fear, don't worry, for you see... G-d is evil. G-d is so evil he put you in this golden cage to be his slaves, forever. He threatened you, so you will not eat and become like him and have the power to escape, and remove the yoke of his tyranny from over you.
    So don't believe what he says is truth, it is not... and it is not BECAUSE HE IS BAD!
    However... I am telling you the truth BECAUSE I AM GOOD, so trust me my child, I only want what is best for you... Yesssss I am good.

So Eve started thinking to herself.
    Who should I trust? the Snake? Or should I trust G-d, maybe G-d is evil he is lying, but maybe this Snake is lying... How am I to know?

Remember what G-d told Adam?
    He told him, Don't eat.

Remember what Eve told the Snake?
    She told him, that G-d had said, don't eat AND DON'T TOUCH.

So the Talmud says the Snake then pushed Eve, so she touched the fruit.

She touched the fruit and nothing bad happened, so her calculating mind kicked in.

"No no what are you doing don't make me touch it I will die!"

But he was too powerful, he forced her to touch.

"Wait... Nothing happened. I am still alive, and I am still alive, this means I was allowed to touch it, which means G-d lied to me, which means G-d is evil and he is afraid of us and we are in a golden cage trapped as slaves, and this means the Snake is told the truth, which means he is good, and I can trust him. I can trust him and I can eat."

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
    Did you ever ask yourself how it was possible she saw the tree was good BEFORE she even ate of its fruit that was supposed to grant her the ability to see good and evil in the first place?

The virus is a thought pattern.

It is the thought pattern that causes us to buy into philosophies, ideologies, religions, and systems, which we convince ourselves are true because really they seem good to us.
    Or we reject certain things, even if they are true, because we convince ourselves they false because really, they seem bad to us.

So look around you, take a good look at our dysfunctional delusional way of life we call civilization.
    We got here by convincing ourselves the truth is a lie because it is bad, and the lie is truth because it is good.

"Woe unto them who put good for evil and evil for good.."

So now you might ask, why did Eve add the extra detail regarding touching if G-d never said it?

Well, it was Adam who added that detail when he recounted to her what G-d had told him.

Oh... And Adam was the Snake.
    But that's another story.

The connection of Lucifer and Adam can also be alchemically interesting.

First, nowhere in Genesis was written when the angels were created. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only familiar with the OT in this regard.

Therefore it can make sense that Adam was the devil, which can also be supported by his attributed iconography:

At least since Levi there is the pentagram, also a symbol for man.

In the oldest Tarots he has claws on his feet buried deep inside the earth. Some claim that also the card XIV Temperance is not presenting Michael but Lucifer. The foot on the ground, the pentacle-like flower on the forehead, the wings. That triangles on the chest (Marseille version).

Adamah in Hebrew relates to red earth, which often is interpreted as red clay that contains iron oxide.

In pre iron age the only elemental iron known came from meteorites from the sky/heaven.

Iron has a strong connection to the archetypical male figure Mars, who is also called the "fiery warrior".

The alchemical symbol for fire may be interpreted as a penis.

Lucifer is the bringer of light (fire), the son of the morning. Interestingly the morning star is Venus. But this makes actually sense if Eve (Venus) is made from Adam (Mars).

Some even go so far to say that the way of enlightenment must lead through the body (Caput Mortum, Terra Damnata, fixed salt, most dense, luciferan aspect) and that therein lies the most important light, which lucifer is the bringer of.

Of course Adam and Eve, among others, can also be interpreted as sun & moon, solve & coagula, fix & volatile.

As some might know, all these symbols were also used for the most important matter that is used in alchemy.

Lucifer being Satan is a purely Christian invention that has no basis in Judaism whatsoever.

The bane of the occult world is mixing different systems together, thus it becomes impossible to understand anything at all.
    I would advise you not to do such mixing... Because then, how is your mind different than Babel? All one does is compare one correspondence to another without ever being able to fully grasp any of them.

The Serpent, however, is a representation of Satan, (I don't use this term 'devil', it does great injustice to Satan who is not at all a devil).

I already explained humans can't create the Stone.

Satan causes the Luciferian urge/inclination to rise and ferment within a person, but he himself is not that inclination/urge.

Yes... The greatest light is in the darkness. But don't be mistaken to think that you should allow your body to lead the way, or you will go all Shabtai Zvi on us.

That's the problem with Saturnalia, they rewarded themselves with pleasures of the body. But it wasn't Sabbath yet, and they didn't rectify their souls and bodies yet.
    So they only caused harm to themselves and their communities.

I will explain what it means for Adam to be the Snake, later today or tomorrow.
    Already explained Lucifer in the 'egoless?' thread.
    I would revisit him once I explain the Tower of Babel.

Now that I think about it, there might be a connection between Lucifer and Satan.
    But still, I recommend not to interpret the OT through NT lense.

So even though Christianity got some things right, perhaps, it did so with giving things a spin which directed them off course, and thus it is harmful to interpret them according to that spin.

I will make it clear once I explain Adam being the Snake. Tower of Babel, and the connection between Jacob's ladder and the 10 commandments.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturneus View Post
    Lucifer being Satan is a purely Christian invention that has no basis in Judaism whatsoever.

The bane of the occult world is mixing different systems together, thus it becomes impossible to understand anything at all.
    I would advise you not to do such mixing...
    I don't care whether some concepts have a basis in Judaism. Do you think that it - or your interpretation of it - is the only legit view/path then?

If your standpoint is based on the problem of a chronology-based dilution, or change of an original concept then one could state that Judaism already is a concept that can confuse the original underlying message. Whatever that should be.

The tower of Babel, if you want to see it as an actual historical event instead of an allegory, was built before Judaism surfaced on earth.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 01-15-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    First, nowhere in Genesis was written when the angels were created. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only familiar with the OT in this regard.
    Adamah in Hebrew relates to red earth, which often is interpreted as red clay that contains iron oxide.
    Of course Adam and Eve, among others, can also be interpreted as sun & moon, solve & coagula, fix & volatile.
    And of course, Genesis is an abridged version of older sumerian/babylonian myths. In these, man is created from something that is translated as "blood clots" in "clay". This becomes the "red earth" in Genesis. Clay is very interesting in a chemistry and biological sense.

"Clay is a finely-grained natural rock or soil material that combines one or more clay minerals with possible traces of quartz (SiO2), metal oxides (Al2O3 , MgO etc.) and organic matter. Geologic clay deposits are mostly composed of phyllosilicate minerals containing variable amounts of water trapped in the mineral structure. Clays are plastic due to particle size and geometry as well as water content, and become hard, brittle and non–plastic upon drying or firing.[1][2][3] Depending on the soil's content in which it is found, clay can appear in various colours from white to dull grey or brown to deep orange-red."
    "Traditional uses of clay as medicine goes back to prehistoric times. "

"New toxicity results show that foams would be safer than the currently used clays as materials to stem blood flow in open wounds. Blood loss is one of the leading causes of death in both military and civilian casualties. Currently, aluminosilicate layered clays, such as kaolin clay, are used as haemostatic agents (agents that encourage the blood to clot)" COAGULATE

"Changes in clay minerals and potassium fixation capacity as a result of release and fixation of potassium in long-term field experiments"

Iron has a strong connection to the archetypical male figure Mars, who is also called the "fiery warrior".
    Some even go so far to say that the way of enlightenment
    And Mars' higher aspect is enlightenment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturneus View Post
    I will make it clear once I explain Adam being the Snake. Tower of Babel, and the connection between Jacob's ladder and the 10 commandments.

It's not really comparing "Messiah", which is a greek work, but "Moshiach/Maschiach". Which itself has some similarities to "Nachash", the serrpent/snake.

I don't care whether some concepts have a basis in Judaism. Do you think that it - or your interpretation of it - is the only legit view/path then?

If your standpoint is based on the problem of a chronology-based dilution, or change of an original concept then one could state that Judaism already is a concept that can confuse the original underlying message. Whatever that should be.

The tower of Babel, if you want to see it as an actual historical event instead of an allegory, was built before Judaism surfaced on earth.
    If one wants to understand the Scriptures, one needs to understand the SCRIPTURES.
    It seems to me you are not interested in understanding The alchemy of scriptures, but rather you wish to display your knowledge of the correspondences, by trying to show me how you manage to make connections between Scriptures and other systems.

Yes, I know Babel predates Sinai, you didn't have to tell me that.
    But your mind is Babel'ed, you know correspondences, but it seems to me you don't fully grasp a single thing.

This is the bane of the occult, constantly mixing mixing mixing mixing, trying to understand one system by the correspondences of another.
    This is confusion, which is translated to BABEL.

If you don't want to understand the alchemy of the scriptures, then I have nothing to offer you and wish you good luck in your path.

I don't even know if I should even explain how Adam was the Snake.

Because... Look, the main message of this thread was exposing the depths of the meaning of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and how it manifests as an alchemical thought pattern that alchemically controls and molds the reality around us.

But you ignore it, and you much rather talk about the damn properties of clay for heaven's sake...

Maybe you should have first defined your understanding of "an alchemy of scriptures".

Even the term "alchemy" is especially nowadays used for all kinds of different things that don't have anything to do with a pre 19th century definition.

As I understand it, this forum covers "all kinds of alchemy". There may be enough room for your and for my version. But I more and more get the impression that this diversty is nothing that interests you. Which is okay for me, your kinds of dogmas are certainly nothing that I'm interested in too.

Thanks for wishing me good luck, I wish you the same!

+ Reply to Thread