Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Snake and The Tree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    That's gotta be the weakening of the earths Em fields. I'l give it a read.
    Which is thought to coincide with.. a pole shift.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturneus View Post
    Many scholars are dumb.
    I didn't claim anything. What you have described is the exact sort of word play Kabbalists engage in during their exegesis on the Torah. Which is something you just said you deny/dismiss. If memory serves, this level of interpretation, "Sod", is the only form of Kabbalah that's actually permitted according to Orthodox authorities, or am I confused?

I guess I should remind you of the very first verse in the Yetsirah. I like Saadia's version as he adds the interpretation of each:

By means of thirty-two wondrous paths of wisdom Yah, the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, the Living God, God Almighty, holy and terrible is his name, dwelling for ever, carved out. He created his universe with three types of things (whose names derive from the same root letters - s-p-r): with writing (seper) and numbers (s'par) and speech (sippur).

Never said I deny or reject this method of Sod.

I said I am revealing the Sod in the text itself, without having to teach the Kabbalistic tree, the spheres, the paths, and engage in Gematrias.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturneus View Post
    Never said I deny or reject this method of Sod.

I said I am revealing the Sod in the text itself, without having to teach the Kabbalistic tree, the spheres, the paths, and engage in Gematrias.
    Alright this is my last reply on this. The connection between Adam and red earth, at this point and for centuries, "by tradition". This tradition is not some creation of us goyim, it is a jewish tradition that has been transmitted. I am quite sure that you know this, and you're just acting dumb because it doesn't fit some point you are trying to make. Sure, most people who repeat "this tradition" don't understand where it comes from, but how is that different from anything else.

Adam was the first human being and the progenitor of the human race. The first chapter of Genesis states that God made man in the sixth day of the Creation, fashioning him in His own image and giving him dominion over the rest of creation. The etymology of the word Adam connects it with Adamah, “ground or soil,” and with Adom, “red.” This suggests that Adam was formed from red soil or clay.
    https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/adam-and-eve/
    The name Adam is therefore revealing. It describes our lower side, the tremendous downward pull and animal instinct within each of us. But it also alludes to our ability to become great -- not in spite of our physical side but because of it and through our resisting its desires. By confronting our lower aspects and overcoming them, we can accomplish things that no angel can. Through our earthy nature, we are planted and have the opportunity to produce fruits through rising from the decay and becoming more than we were beforehand. The choice is ours. We can be governed by our blood impulses, as was Eisav in the Torah who killed when he did not get what he wanted and was therefore called Edom, red, alluding to his being controlled by blood instinct, or we can become stronger and loftier, remaining in control of our destinies as we always subjugate the dam in Adam to the aleph that precedes it.
    https://www.aish.com/sp/ph/48956911.html
    Those are two quick examples from rudimentary googling, ignoring all the "bible study/tools" type links.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Any proto Sumerian stuff you have would be great for this topic. What i'm sure of is that the demonising of the snake in creation happened much later.
    From Gilgamesh's story the snake takes immortality away from a rapist. It was a mistake for Ziusudra's wife to help him.
    Karma and the snake had other plans.
    If I could be of any help, I would. I just don't have very much on these topics saved. It's from an earlier period in my life when I browsed Graham Hancock and Zitchin. You could try 'Charles F. Horne - The Sacred Books Vol 01 Babylonia and Assyria' which I have saved somewhere and seems that sumerian content including at least a few texts.

Greg please review our little exchange.

I admitted numerous times that such a connection exists.
    I only insisted that you don't make error of thinking the words have the same meaning.
    There is a connection between the words, but they still have different meanings.
    Because the way in which you expressed yourself implied that the words Adam and Adom are the same and that Adama means red earth.
    So again, the words are not the same, Adama doesn't mean red earth, it simply means earth/soil, but however there is indeed a connection with the color red, since Adom (red) has the same root.

+ Reply to Thread