Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Further Kabalistic Teachings (from a non-jewish non-fanatical)

Blog Entries
    What would be your take on Jehova's identity?
    El, Anu.
    But the father of men... is Enki ? who sacrifices a god to make man or Marduk ? Prometheus ?.

"Marduk laid a rush mat upon the face of the waters,
    18. "He mixed up earth and moulded it upon the rush mat,
    19. "To enable the gods to dwell in the place where they fain would be.
    20. "He fashioned man.
    21. "The goddess Aruru [Cuneiform] with him created the seed of mankind.
    22. "He created the beasts of the field and [all] the living things in the field.
    23. "He created the river Idiglat (Tigris) and the river Purattu (Euphrates), and he set them in their places,
    24. "He proclaimed their names rightly.
    The Babylonian Legends of the Creation
    https://www.gutenberg.org/files/9914/9914-h/9914-h.htm

No clear answer.

It's good to ask the "hard" questions.
    What manner of creature devours meat with fire ?.
    The smell of meat is something only a person or animal is attracted too.
    How can God or gods have a sense of smell, if they don't have a nose ?. ( non physical deities ).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    What manner of creature devours meat with fire?
    The smell of meat is something only a person or animal is attracted too.
    How can God or gods have a sense of smell, if they don't have a nose ?
    This at least gives us some significant clues regarding what the "god" of the bible is NOT

And the "higher vibrations" of those burning offerings can and do reach so-called "higher level" entities.

For example, haunting spirits don't necessarily have a sense of smell as we do, yet they can often be cleansed/removed by burning sage. So it's probably more of a higher vibrational thing.

Odors have much higher overtones/harmonics then what we can smell with our noses, just like musical notes have much higher overtones/harmonics than we can hear with our ears.

Blog Entries
    Odors have much higher overtones/harmonics then what we can smell with our noses, just like musical notes have much higher overtones/harmonics than we can hear with our ears.
    Right good point, cooking meat does produce frequencies for the odours. A non physical being having a different set of senses could pick up on them, then devours meat with heavenly fire produced from radiation.

Still searching for a physical link...

Blog Entries
    Interesting. Thanks for that Kibric. Its a strange emotion, jealousy. Jehovah Himself claims to be jealous. Jealousy can drive a man to do some pretty horrendous things. Such as smash your brothers head in with a rock.

It's the issue I have with this whole creation. Why make us, in a way so that we were almost guaranteed to fuck it all up, and then blame us for the result, without even giving us a decent mechanism to channel the heavens. It's not like I can get only my knees and pray and always receive the correct answer and guidance.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    @Greg

Good to see Abulafia and Kaplan on your list, as those two are my favorites.
    Abulafia is a favorite. For a long time I had the barest scraps of information about him, really not more than that basic blurb of his on rotating the letters. There are english translations of his significant works these days, but there is still a lot missing. I think the core of my collection is from Archive.org. Theres a 1+gb Abulafia archive for download. A lot of that is hebrew (actually aramaic i think), but there is english that I didn't know existed. I think it took a bit of effort finding it and seperating it though (sorting the archive)

[QUOTE=Kiorionis;65892]I especially enjoyed Kaplan’s Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of Creation. Gives the creative intellect a lot to work with alchemically.

Yup. The version of the Yetsirah he uses is known to be a later corruption (the Gra), and abridged version of an abridged version. But it's really not significantly different from the Short recension. It seems like a pissy criticism. In dealing with JUST the text, I have A Peter Hayman "Sefer Yesira: Edition, Translation, and Text-Critical Commentary". It was the first time this type of treatment had been given to the Yesira. There's numerous manuscripts used to create "critical" editions of the main recensions - Short, Long, Saadia. It's completely devoid of commentary and interpretation. Somewhere I actually have an excel file when I have the text from all these editions side-by-side.. Long Short, Saadia, GRA, even Wescott's. So I've seen the Gra in comparison and I really don't know what the issue is, how this would in anyway affect what he has to say about the Yetzirah. Hayman's work didn't exist until 2004.

He has a unique perspective with his background in physics, and life-long interest in science. I had browsed it and referred to it probably numerous times over the years, and recently returned to it to give it a proper look. And here's a problem.. I could swear, years ago when I was looking at it, it had a particular set of diagrams. It was in the section about the various sounds produced by the letters, how the mouth forms them, etc. That section is still there.. but I "remember" there was a bunch of associated waveforms, sine, sawtooth, etc.. I forget all the names of them. I have numerous PDFs of this book, but they are all based on the same original scan - they are all missing the same page of footnotes that I really needed. So there are all "the 2nd revised edition". I"m wondering if I'm remembering this diagram from some first edition I can't even find anymore? (and I've looked recently for any source that's not 2nd edition). Am I mis-remembering this completely, and I saw it somewhere else? It's frustrating.

So last year or the year before I sat down to work on the SY again, and I realized everything I was going on about.. I hadn't gotten past the first chapter. And it had been years since I considered the later chapters at all. Chapter 6 changed everything for me, how Kaplan explained the Teli and all that. Most sources translate it to "hook" and leave it like that and ignore the whole "Teli/Hook" conversation that he details. I've been able to look up his sources and that's led to even more information.

For example :
    pg. 69; breath of the living god.
    Well that's got to make you wonder. If he had said "flask" it would be perfect. Although vessel is used a lot too.

For me, he's indispensible for his translation of the Sefer Bahir, the only english translation I know of. This, I own as a physical copy as well. I found it on Ebay 15 years ago with some generic "kabbalah" searches.

Thank you all for sharing, found this but don't know if it is on topic?

The Sacred Breath
    The letter א Aleph symbolizes the wind, air. א Aleph is associated with the Sephirah Kether. On the Tree of Life, the first Sephirah is Kether. Kether is the synthesis of three, better said, the synthesis of 111. It is one, one, one; one hundred eleven.

These three ones are associated with the three Sephiroth of the first triangle: Kether, Chokmah, Binah; one, one, one. Each of them is one with the other two; this is why the three of them are called the Holy Three-unity or Holy Trinity.

Source

Also found this reference along the way.

John 1:1-5
    1 In the beginning was the Word,
    and the Word was with God,
    and the Word was God.
    2 He was with God in the beginning.
    3 All things came to be through Him,
    and without Him nothing made had being.
    4 In Him was life,
    and the life was the light of mankind.
    5 The light shines in the darkness,
    and the darkness has not suppressed it.

Blog Entries
    John, unlike the other gospels, is often considered a "Wisdom" text. It is generally assumed he received special instruction from his Master. While the authorship of the Apocalypse is far from settled, the prevalent opinion is that it is likely it at least come from his circle. John is often translated as talking about the Logos. The breath is often referred to as Pneuma - even in the Zohar.

For some reason what you have posted reminded me of these trees. Maybe the 1-1-1 in a line.

In some systems, Keter is broken down into multiple spheres, although they aren't part of the tree of life. Theres lots of discussion over how "manifest" Keter is, it's relation to Ein Sof, all that jazz. It'll make your eyes cross.

The three highest sefiroth are referred to as the "supernals". Sometimes, three crowns. Together they are referred to as the "Godhead".. What is left are "the lower 7 sefiroth". You will find reference to this in Revelations (Merkaba literature):

“from Him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,"

Here is Durer's interpretation:

This Alpha/Omega business refers to the timeless, unchanging Ein Sof.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for that Kibric. Its a strange emotion, jealousy. Jehovah Himself claims to be jealous. Jealousy can drive a man to do some pretty horrendous things. Such as smash your brothers head in with a rock.
    It is a strange emotion for a god, since they’re supposed to be above all that.

Awhile back I read an interesting perspective (I forget who wrote it), but it goes: even though the message might be Divine, it still has to pass through the human-experience-filter, which necessarily means the message will become entangled with emotion, logic, and “relatable” sentence structure.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Are they suppose to be above all that?

I often think that a lot of the emotions that we feel as humans come directly as a result of it being a part of our God-nature.

Where else would they come from? Animals dont seem to have such complex feelings about things do they...?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

It is a strange emotion for a god, since theyíre supposed to be above all that.
    I found a discussion here, on the nature of what "jealousy" means concerning this. It feels it would be more apt to be both zealous, and the notion of claiming something and thus looking after it and keeping your word regarding it. (not unlike a parent to a child)

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Are they suppose to be above all that?

I often think that a lot of the emotions that we feel as humans come directly as a result of it being a part of our God-nature.

Where else would they come from? Animals dont seem to have such complex feelings about things do they...?
    All is One.

Our fractal All (us, animals, plants, everything) are qualities, personalities, archetypes - fractals of the Singularity, the One. That One is both the incomprehensible Ain Sof, and also the revealed Kether-to-Malkuth Fractals we know and are. From my experiences I would argue/say that the point of the Kabbalah is an esoteric, personal, in-depth study of the acceptance of the One within the All, and the ultimate point one must do, is true to the name; receive it.
    Likewise this is mirrored in exoteric Christianity, where all one has to do is accept or receive Christ - who is the "blessed hope", who's name means "God Saves".
    This inherent perfection of All, by the One, and its subsequent cosmic joke of simply Being-ness (echo'd in the Buddhist and Zen traditions), seems to me to emulate this as well.

Perhaps it really is as simple as "child's play" (faith), and "woman's work" (receiving/being the vessel).

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Godís in His Heaven, Allís right with the World.

It is finished, and Iím retired.

+ Reply to Thread