Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Further Kabalistic Teachings (from a non-jewish non-fanatical)

Blog Entries
    I’m always down for reading/talking about Bardon’s. His work is marvelous.

The best part is that he approaches the Kabbalah from a universal perspective. No need for the dogmatism or fanaticism to connect with and work his Keys.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    I agree, very much so. I feel his early death was one of the worlds greatest losses...

I found initiation into hermetics very useful during the recent time of ego-smashing that i was forced to endure. Elemental Magic was as far as I got, and even though i might not be a dynamo wizz, it still seemed to do the job. Should really be practicing more,but ive been full-time into year 12 maths revision getting ready for uni.

Did you ever attempt any of the practical keys of kaballah as outlines by bardon Kiorionis?
    Good bye most of humanity.

Blog Entries
    I did, but after a year of practice I only just scratched the surface.

From my perspective, the story of Cain and Able is about polarity, and the God in the story merely acts as the Separator.

Blog Entries
    Any positive results?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    Tis true, the internet is as much a hindrance as it is a tool. Are there any particularly good/accurate books of study you'd recommend to go with the core literature (perhaps a few titles from your collection that you've personally found to be invaluable, and if you felt like it, an example of how/why)?

After some thing's I've experienced, It seemed like the best way to "frame it" was using what kabbalah knowledge I have, and thus its sparked a deeper interest for me personally, so as to better understand and improve on the "framing" of those things. Like learning to improve one's own language.
    I had started that list, but then realized I was answering a question that wasn't actually asked:

learn a bit more about the Genesis evolution
    You can't really beat Gershom Scholem's Kabbalah for the basics - history, development, basic concepts. You could read that and compare it to.. Manly P Hall's "Qabbalah" section in Secret Teachings, or even Eliphas Levi's Kabbalah in The History of Magic.. and see there really is no comparison. and I say this even though I have a mancrush on Levi.

Moshe Idel, Eliot Wolfson. The Chabad people are pretty friendly and they have their "Tanya" lessons.

There's only so much to read ABOUT Kabbalah, and then its probably time to tackle actual Kabbalistic texts. Personally, I read very little commentary in the beginning and focused on trying to understand them myself before comparing notes.

I hope people are aware that anything older than a certain date is out of copyright and hsould be freely downloadable from somewhere. Archive.org is a good place.

This is probably the simplest way I have to give you some idea, just a first page.. there's merkaba lit there, hekalot lit there.. I have tons of hebrew books I can't read, and finally, I've been tapping into to some legit hebrew manuscripts containing the kind of diagrams I've read vague references to but have never been able to find.

If you want any of this from me you should probably be quick to fire me off an email, or just look me up on FB.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Any positive results?
    Quite a lot, but I’d rather not talk about them publicly.

——————————

@Greg

Good to see Abulafia and Kaplan on your list, as those two are my favorites.

I especially enjoyed Kaplan’s Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of Creation. Gives the creative intellect a lot to work with alchemically.

For example :

In general, the word ruach indicates motion and communication. It is related to the words O-rach, meaning a path, and O-reach, meaning a guest. The spirit (ruach) of life in an animal is the power that causes it to move.

Normally, the air is invisible and undetectable. It is only when it moves that one can feel it as a wind or breath. Similarly, the spiritual continuum is undetectable, except when it moves. It is then experienced as spirit (ruach). Hence, ruach is the word for wind, breath, and spirit.

This is also describing the act of creation. The analogy would be the formation of a glass vessel.
    pg. 69; breath of the living god.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Quite a lot, but I’d rather not talk about them publicly.
    Yes I understand, was just looking for the yay or nay. Congrats on your development Kiorionis. Ill keep striving.

Blog Entries
    ...And What's a good lesson without a practical experiment to measure it's worth?

So I had a wank.... actually.... 3 wanks..... for scientific purposes of course.

And then, I ate a meal of just pork. Krankeys and bacon.

I feel, irritable, frustrated, have no motivation at all. If i was still smokin weed, today would be one of those days where i just got stoned in the shed and didnt come out all day.

So... is there nothing to these lessons? Tomorrow will be the opposite. I won't wank. I won't meat. And I would bet ANY amount of money that I feel LOADS better than I do right now.

Kaballah. To receive. And what is it we are receiving? Energy. In it's many forms. Wisdom, health ect...

Blog Entries
    The Cain and Abel story skips some context.

Now Adam sought to give to Abel the twin sister of Cain, when she was old enough to be married, but Cain (Kabil, in Arabic) was dissatisfied.105 Adam said to the brothers, Cain and Abel, “Go, my sons, and sacrifice to the Lord; and he whose sacrifice is accepted, shall have the young girl. Take each of you offerings in your hand and go, sacrifice to the Lord, and he shall decide.”

Abel was a shepherd, and he took the fattest of the sheep, and bore it to the place of sacrifice; but Cain, who was a tiller of the soil, took a sheaf of corn, the poorest he could find, and placed it on the altar. Then fire descended from heaven and consumed the offering of Abel, so that not even the cinders remained; but the sheaf of Cain was left untouched.

Adam gave the maiden to Abel, and Cain was sore vexed.

One day, Abel was asleep on a mountain. Cain took a stone and crushed his head. Then he threw the corpse on his back, and carried it about, not knowing what to do with it; but he saw two crows fighting, and one killed the other;70 then the crow that survived dug a hole in the earth with his beak, and buried the dead bird. Cain said, “I have not the sense of this bird. I too will lay my brother in the ground.” And he did so.
    S. Methodius the Younger refers to this tradition. He says: “Be it known that Adam and Eve when they left Paradise were virgins. But the third year after the expulsion from Eden, they had Cain, their first-born, and his sister Calmana; and after this, next year, they had Abel and his sister Deborah. But in the three hundredth year of Adam’s life, Cain slew his brother, and Adam and Eve wailed over him a hundred years.”112

Eutychius, Patriarch of Alexandria, says, “When Adam and Eve rebelled against God, He expelled them from Paradise at the ninth hour on Friday to a certain mountain in India, and He bade them produce children to increase and multiply upon the earth. Adam and Eve therefore became parents, first of a boy named Cain, and of a girl named Azrun, who were twins; then of another boy named Abel, and of a twin sister named Owain, or in Greek Laphura.
    Legends of the Patriarchs and Prophets
    And Other Old Testament Chatacters from Various Sources
    https://www.gutenberg.org/files/4873...48736-h.htm#VI

So Cain didn't want his sister to marry his brother. Adam refuses to solve the problem and lays the job off on God.
    The fact that the heavenly fire was attracted to meat not corn, is exactly what " pagan " gods are attracted too. The identity of Adams God is what bugs me about these stories.
    Last edited by Kibric; 01-17-2020 at 06:57 PM. Reason: nevermind

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    The identity of Adams God is what bugs me about these stories.
    Indeed. It's good to ask the "hard" questions.
    What would be your take on Jehova's identity?

+ Reply to Thread