Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any surviving alchemists who are hundreds of years old?

Blog Entries
    It does not have to be addiction. Everyone that smokes is not addicted. Every drinker is not an alcoholic. As for the controlled folly, to me, that is simply enjoying the cosmic joke/giggle. Same thing but with a positive spin as folly is negative and ”laughter” is not.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

The reason someone likes something is 100% because of their interpretations of the sensory information. You like the game because of what it represents to you(bonding with people, team work, dopamine hits from wins, suspense, close calls, etc). Your wife hates you playing the game because what that sensory information represents to her(you're not spending time with her, you're laughing and joking around with other people and she feels threatened). Life in itself is from a limited human perspective is very futile. I use the word (futile) for its actual meaning: "incapable of producing any useful result; pointless". Maybe from the "grand one and all"'s perspective there is a point, but from ours, there isn't. We can make them up but it's all subjective.

If you for one second thing that you like that steak dinner and glass of wine, or the game (let's just use call of duty) or talking to your friends on facebook or whatever else, you are fooling yourself because of the shallowness of your observation. The steak dinner and wine is nothing but tortured rotting flesh and rotten fruit kept that way for weeks, months and years. The game is at it's core a place where you are rewarded for killing friends and strangers with the best accuracy possible. The interactions on facebook are shallow and only a fraction of the sensory information of one on one interaction and held between two online personas that create even less accurate than one on one interactions because you aren't as accountable for truth as "in person" interactions.

Everything you "love" and move towards and everything you "hate" and run away from is because of your mind and how it processes information. Life in itself is futile and pointless that does not mean unenjoyable. It doesn't mean bad, not worth living. It means you have to assign the value to things or else you take the default values that your environment assigns to you. To have to be faced with that fact for 300 years would probably be very difficult. It would probably be hard to keep up the charade of things having inherent value.

And as for addiction. Not all addiction is unmanageable. Addiction means "a physically and mentally dependence on a particular substance or thing or thought. We are all addicted to multiple things. If you don't recognize that you will be liable to self deception at a greater degree.

I may seem like a downer or a buzzkill but that is because the people who see these words that way lack the ability to reason correctly. If you don't understand the true cost of things you will most obviously under or overvalue interpretations and representations. That will most definitely lead to a lack of understanding of causes and effects and their causes and effects and their correlations.

Bad only sucks to you because you think "bad" is supposed to be avoided. "Embody the stone", sense life for what it is.

Blog Entries
    The only thing futile here is that post you just wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Anterior Taproot View Post
    ...is because the people who see these words that way lack the ability to reason correctly.
    Or maybe because the individual who wrote those words lack intelligence to use them correctly?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

lol

Oh boy where do i start...

In my beginnings, one of the reason that made me research alchemy is fear of death...by time this fear decreased and you get a broad view of what life is ...the more you know..and the more you experience..

for me..experience is everything..you can store thousands of books on a USB flash drive ( you brain ) ..and this is futile...

intelligence and your mental growth is increased by connecting the dots and learning to recognize patterns and create new things from this..not memorizing information..

a person who have cultivated this faculty can invent the whole science from beginning..he knows the fundamentals and have the right "intelligence" or whatever it is..

i can read a book about how to drive a car or how to swim, but no way I'll be able to that unless Iam learning and experiencing it..

and that's folks what it is all about..

we ..humans...don't grow past a certain limit..our consciousness remain very limited...it stops after we graduate and start a job..

we just learn from our birth ..how society function..what should we do and don't..what goals shall we achieve...we copy and do all what the elders say...and remain as this...

our fundamental essence stops growing.. our desires are the same even if we are no longer 10 years old but 50 years old..

we still have the essence of a child..

you get what I'm saying?

with this level of consciousness...it's very dangerous and indeed futile to reach immortality..if you become immortal..most likely you'll create problem for yourself and others too..

it's like a natural barrier..only who have cultivated enough his faculties reach higher awareness, consciousness and knowledge, and naturally can be immortal, he can do that since he acquired the needed means to do that..

but if you are still a man who is a child with basic consciousness..essence..desires.. it will be a struggle...and yes

supposedly by luck you stumble upon how to be immortal..i don't think you'll be happy... you current level of awareness and personality is attached to family..friends..people..and need them...you'll be alone watching people born and die leaving you..what kind of hell is this ( to your current awareness of course )

immortality isn't impossible..question is..are we ready for it?

let's talk a little bit about biology...

a man and woman..say in their 40's ..

can give birth to a young healthy child that will grow normally..well this is a miracle ..

how can and old couple give birth to something young and new..

their old body gave existence to a young body!

everything in our body ages...except the sexual cells responsible for producing sperms and eggs..

otherwise we will have old babies haha

so, our designers who engineered our human race decided that we age and die by time ..only a specific part of us don't age so the human race can continue ..of course..

biologically, yes, with the right genetic engineering we can achieve cells that can run through infinite divisions without losing and shortening the DNA .. the hayflick limit will not be a problem ..

think about our current civilization and the impact of some lab or scientists achieved this kind of technology...everyone will try to get it...let's not talk about dictators...our birth rate how will be impacted..wars..our concept of life it self will change..

i don't think it's a good idea...the current level of awareness we have can't be granted immortality ..

in the other hand..we have alchemy that can achieve the same results of genetic engineering and beyond and grant us with body that don't die by ageing and diseases..

that's the last level...you can make gold..you can heal diseases using alchemy...but you can't achieve immortality unless you have a great understanding of how nature works............................................. ............

Blog Entries
    Eyes don't age. No one dies of old age. Its always a condition brought about by decay, not age itself. Your cells make imperfect copies, this is ageing. We think its natural because that's what we see in the world around us from our tiny slice of time. The fish doesn't know all of nature above the water, too it the experiences it has while in the water is the whole of nature. What the fish perceives as natural law is different from what the bird perceives as natural law in the sky above the water. Mankind is the same, from its short space of existence has perceived what it believes is natural. The imperfect copies of cells, ageing, is a genetic fault. It appears as natural law because from our tiny slice of time everything and everyone around us also have this genetic fault. In the future or past depending on your perspective, a mankind that didn't decay would eventually think non decay is natural law from its tiny slice of time.
    There are no set in stone natural laws. They differ depending on the biological lifeform and its perspective on its own existence. You need a male and a female to procreate? Not for the sea horse, jellyfish etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    There are no set in stone natural laws. They differ depending on the biological life form and its perspective on its own existence.

You need a male and a female to procreate? Not for the sea horse, jellyfish etc.
    My dear, you don't post much, but when you do, it's a celebration for heart and mind!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    There are no set in stone natural laws.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Andro. It means a lot that you read my posts.

+ Reply to Thread