Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practical Work: The Key to modern Spagyrics

Blog Entries
    I must also thank you for this.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Thank you very much for sharing Florius and beautiful pictures. Would love to try this, if I am ever able to find the proper Elements. It looks very fun.

It looks like the Circulatum Minus of Manfred Junius can volatize a fixed plant Body?
    Last edited by Seraphim; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:23 AM.

Thank you for this thread and your comments about water as that is really key to making an ENS tincture. Too much water and the separation of the plant's oils will not occur.

Blog Entries
    I would probably swap out the acetic acid for acetone.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I would probably swap out the acetic acid for acetone.
    That won't work.
    You need the Acidum to make the Alkali ready to mix with the spirit.
    IF you really want to use acetone, replace the alcohol with it as they both are spirits.

Only replace one step on the ladder with an equal one.

Blog Entries
    Ah yes... you're right. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Thank you for this thread Florius ... you can't imagine how good it makes me feel
    to see members of this Forum engaged with hands on lab work.
    I love your presentation and crisp, clear photos, you also bring some very
    interesting names to the table.

I spoke with Professor Manfred M. Junius on several occasions about 25 years ago.

At one time he mentioned to me that he had given Frater Albertus 1liter of what he inferred to be The Secret Solvent for the Frater to take back to the USA on his return
    flight.

Frater Albertus was in Australia teaching Alchemy and at that time he met with
    Manfred.

Manfred told me that he was quite annoyed with the Frater as he never heard from him
    again or received any thanks for the 1 liter of ... "Secret Solvent".

The interesting question is which one of them had the better Understanding
    of Alchemy ???

I may be wrong about this but don't believe that Manfred's Circulatum Minus
    is the same as that of Urbigerus.
    Interesting. I had a personal tour of Junius lab back in 1995. I was not impressed by his talk about his circulatuum. I thought it was baloney since he said he would not demonstrate it after telling me all about it. His lab was set up for simple herbal alcoholic tinctures in large scale, but no sign of any high temp distillation equipment necessary to make the Secret Solvent. Also to get one liter of it requires 20 pounds or more of starting material depending on how rich it is in "precious mercuries and oils [Ripley]".

I have to agree with you that Junius and Albertus circulatuum minus are not the same as Urbigerus. Urbigerus Circulatuum Minus is a Quintessence made following similar protocols used by Hollandus and Ripley only one plant (pine trees) is used for all the Elements necessary to make his Circulatuum Minus. Ethanol is not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by z0 K View Post
    Interesting. I had a personal tour of Junius lab back in 1995. I was not impressed by his talk about his circulatuum. I thought it was baloney since he said he would not demonstrate it after telling me all about it. His lab was set up for simple herbal alcoholic tinctures in large scale, but no sign of any high temp distillation equipment necessary to make the Secret Solvent. Also to get one liter of it requires 20 pounds or more of starting material depending on how rich it is in "precious mercuries and oils [Ripley]".

I have to agree with you that Junius and Albertus circulatuum minus are not the same as Urbigerus. Urbigerus Circulatuum Minus is a Quintessence made following similar protocols used by Hollandus and Ripley only one plant (pine trees) is used for all the Elements necessary to make his Circulatuum Minus. Ethanol is not involved.
    The high temp extraction does seem to be the most commonly written about method
    for obtaining a Secret Solvent but I think I have read some where that there are other
    methods that can achieve the same results at much lower temps e.g. boiling water.

I can see the possibility of being able to extract what we need from the plant realm
    (virtue, etc ...) to be able to have an Alchemic Reaction but my feeling is that those materials may be easier and more abundantly extracted in the mineral/metallic realm.

Many of the old Adepts write about using Alcohol to extract a Quintessence ...
    when we read the books it all seems so simple .... I wish.

Blog Entries
    After another rectificationof my views on the subject, I believe that the Secret solvent is actually extracted from a hybrid of both vegetable, and mineral realms. Common sense would suggest that the generative growth and evolution of plants is important to what we are trying to achieve, and that the sharpness, power and fire of the mineral realm would be needed for the dramatic results we read about.

This is why I have returned now to the acetate path, which, if we look at hollandus' work, he describes a 'Work of Saturn's which I believe is one of the volumes that z k0 based his work from, where he describes that "the fire stone" is to be found in Saturn" and also that it was the greatest accomplishment of the Vegetable work.!?!?

So couldn't an acetate be considered simultaneously vegetable and mineral? And couldn't this explain why we read so many contradictions?

Robert A Bartlett seems to think so and until I prove otherwise, I have decided to gear my next round of experiments to the finding out whether or not he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    The high temp extraction does seem to be the most commonly written about method
    for obtaining a Secret Solvent but I think I have read some where that there are other
    methods that can achieve the same results at much lower temps e.g. boiling water.

I can see the possibility of being able to extract what we need from the plant realm
    (virtue, etc ...) to be able to have an Alchemic Reaction but my feeling is that those materials may be easier and more abundantly extracted in the mineral/metallic realm.

Many of the old Adepts write about using Alcohol to extract a Quintessence ...
    when we read the books it all seems so simple .... I wish.
    When you find the reference to achieving the Secret Solvent at water bath temps please post it here.

The simple Secret Solvent is to be had from the vegetable and animal kingdoms not the mineral. That misunderstanding causes disappointment in the lab results.

You can use alcohol as a solvent in the plant kingdom to extract the Vegetable Fire but not the Secret Solvent which is essential for any alchemical Quintessence.

Books by the old adepts are designed to mislead the readers but not the laborers if you know the Philosophical Protocols established by the adepts like Ripley and Hollandus for example.

+ Reply to Thread