Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crime & Punishment & Parents

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendritic Xylem View Post
    What about sociopaths?
    I already pointed this out in the initial post, although I classed psychopath as including socipath (I guess they should both be named):

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    The only exception being "psychopath" since that seems to be genetic and parenting thus irrelevant.®
    -------------------------------------------------------------

The evidence is pretty clear that parents have a great influence on their children. A very high percentage of people that committ rape, pedophilia, murder and general violence have "bad" parents or parents that neglected them. Generally the only children that have "good" parents that still end up doing "bad" things are serial killers i.e. psychos should not be included in this law.

Also I failed to mention this law should only apply to "real" crimes like rape, murder and violence.

Stealing, lying and drugs and such "crimes" can never be 100 % "bad" as it depends on society and situations. A poor person has the human right to steal food. Drugs is a human right to do what you want with your body. And lying can be essential if living under a despotic government etc. Although these "lesser" crimes could hurt other people they are not as bad as rape and murder.

If a parent has a child that is not a psychopath/socipath AND it ends up killing people or raping people then I think those parents should suffer the same faith as the child.

Onboard now or still doubts?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    However there are reverse sides to this. What if your children WANT you to get in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Very good point, and maybe even more so in the British colonies (past and present)
    A child that has loving parents would never do anything to harm them. No system can be full proof, a system can only be better or worse.

I've noticed that everytime a "new" concept of a system or model of society is put forward there are always people that counter with a "what if" argument. For example anytime I argue that we should have anarchy people always go "then people could kill people freely"... but that is a dumb argument because people kill people TODAY in great numbers. Only a psychopath need the law to stop them from raping and killing. Any sane person does not need a law at all... they only need a brain and a heart.

In this thread I put forward an idea for all the idiots that flock society because they seem to need HELP in the management of their lives. There are way too many shitty parents, and thus way too many shitty people. So I'm thinking if we execute all violent criminals AND their parents then we would genetically breed these fuckers out... eventually. Of course no society would go for this, so first we implement the parent share the penalty... then later we adopt captial punishment and one or two generations later the world will be better.

Then the rest of us can read books in the shade of a tree with a drink of choice, in complete peace... forever... without the stupidity of war, banks and governments and all the other TOTALLY childish insitutions that any person with a brain could see are the least impressive thing on this planet. A fucking ant hill has achieved more than the entire human race when you put all the deeds on a scale.

End of transmission.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Any sane person does not need a law at all... they only need a brain and a heart.
    Now ye're talking

That's exactly where we need to start. We start with the master clock(s) - our very own organic, built-in "master regulators". We directly address BOTH foci of this elliptical human orbit.

The Brain and the Heart, aye, that's where's it's at. Literally.

Blog Entries
    People are Influenced by more than just their parents though. I met a girl, she fell in love with me, she was very incident and shy, and had really lovely parents and I turned her into absolute whore in no time! (I 've.felt very bad about it consistently for many years) nevertheless, it happened. And that was mainly because of me personally having serious issues as a child which I took out on her and she and her very lovely parents paid the price.

It's good in theory, your concept of punishing the parents, however, the world isn't as simple as it once was. Things have become very mixed and complicated and I think you'll find a long stream of these 'What it's

If anything, I think the government should take the blame and liability for everything. But that's just me. If they didnt allow things like underage sex, cigarettes, subliminal messages in advertising and music.... ect ect... then we would have a nicer society.

And on that topic what about the music industry?

You've got a couple of good parents let's say doing their best, and then you've got Eminem calling their kid a whore ect behind closed doors.

There is a saying, that it takes a community to raise a child and I believe it's true. There are many influencing forces out there that are opposing the moral standards of the parents at home. Like me and my renegade teenage dick. Or marijuana smoking punks. Or teachers that convince kids that they can do what they want and if their parents have a problem with it, to threaten them with child services.

I think the parental punishment is just a bit cut and dry for this modern era IMO.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Seeing this kind of discussion always reminds me of ch. 57 of Lao-tzu's Dao de ching:

The more laws and restrictions there are,
    The poorer people become.
    The sharper men's weapons,
    The more trouble in the land.
    The more ingenious and clever men are,
    The more strange things happen.
    The more rules and regulations,
    The more thieves and robbers.

As an aside, some people see me as a Daoist, while to others I am clearly a Hermetist. In my own view, I am both. As these two philosophies are fully compatibel with each other, at least in my personal understanding of them.

I already pointed this out in the initial post, although I classed psychopath as including socipath (I guess they should both be named)

I made my post because yours presupposed that the 'system' would be able to guarantee the detection of mental disease. I was pointing out that sociopaths regularly evade detection, even by the family members that spend decades interacting with them. If there's some type of brain scanning device that can physically determine if one's a sociopath/psychopath, then my point is moot. But if the diagnosis is based on the subjective opinions of psychoanalysts, then there's no guarantee that innocent parents won't get screwed by this system.

Blog Entries
    Well it's just an idea. I'm trying to think of novel alternatives that still use the same system to achieve other results, because as it is now... well it's not spiritually viable. I'm just spitting models to see if anything of value pops out.

If anything, I think the government should take the blame and liability for everything.
    Yes, I agree and the government are "what" people?

If they didnt allow things like underage sex, cigarettes, subliminal messages in advertising and music...
    I live in a sexually liberated country and we have no issues with that. I personally think - if we want to find a root cause - that it is "patriotism". Even selfish egoism is patriotism of the self (in a sense).

One kind of perfect society is an ant hill or a bee hive. I doubt they have much drama. Everybody does what they should. Complete obedience. Now if you don't want that kind of life there is the jaguar lifestyle where you are a loner (you can still have a family). A jaguar is an anarchist. An ant or a bee is a drone.

Wolves and monkeys live in a sort of tribe, but in the tribe you always have an Alpha... a chief elected on their skill to protect the tribe. In traditional human societies we had a Chief or an Elder elected on wisdom or specific skill. The indigenous way of life only works in small numbers, where basically every member of the tribe is your family. You basically raise your own children and the children of your neighbours.

Modern society is trying to mix the bee hive (drone) with the monkey tribe and the individual (anarchist) jaguar lifestyle. You cannot mix these. That is why modern humans are confused, depressed and why they raise babies to become baby adults.

+ Reply to Thread