Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What exactly is “Immortality” and/or “Eternal Life”?

What exactly is “Immortality” and/or “Eternal Life”?

Hello, I’m new to the forums and joined because I saw a thread somewhat related to the topic listed. I thought it was very interesting and have been concerned about the subject for a long time now. Most are raised hearing the prospect of eternal life, like the bible, and many alchemy books talk about the prospect of immortality. One thing I have always noticed about these writings though is that they are extremely vague as to what that immortality involves, as there could be various forms of it in the details. I’ve read a LOT of books but found very few that explicate in anyway. I found too and article once of a man who claimed to have found immortality, but that its only physical, and there is no real heaven for man as its considered by most. Which is where i began to question more what it is. As in my opinion it could be physical, spiritual, or soul transmigration. Where realistically according to a true definition of immortality than realistically physical immortality cant exist as this realm is subject to time. Spiritual meaning transference to another realm of existence. And soul transmigration as in regards to reincarnation.

Im posting this here in hopes to develop a discussion where everyone can share if thy wish any texts they have found that elaborates on what immortality is meant, as i have found few that say more than “eternal life” or “immortality”.

Edit: maybe this should be in general discussion, if any mod cares to transfer it there.
    Last edited by Glauber; 02-18-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Hello Glauber!
    I think you can read this book, the testament of the golden rose cross. There is much explained, from how to use alchemical products to what is going to be next, after one has become adept. It is indeed a very generous read, they shared a great number of good recipes.

https://it.scribd.com/document/31792...us-Thesaurorum

Thank you so much! I will try and read it all today actually.

And thanks to the mods for moving the thread to the appropriate location.

Edit: I looked through the entire book, I couldn't quite find anything attributed to the subject of immortality, is there anywhere specific in the book that more clearly details what I may have missed?
    Last edited by Glauber; 02-18-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    One thing I have always noticed about these writings though is that they are extremely vague as to what that immortality involves,
    There's some detailed stuff on this site if you look through the threads.
    Use the advanced search.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    There's some detailed stuff on this site if you look through the threads.
    Use the advanced search.
    I did some searches and found the main topics that I had already read, relating to this subject. However it appears most of these threads focus more on personal ideas of what it means or what posters are expecting from it, I was hoping to find more information from writings of clarified alchemical masters, preferably. Otherwise all else would be considered conjectural.

Quote Originally Posted by Glauber View Post
    I did some searches and found the main topics that I had already read, relating to this subject. However it appears most of these threads focus more on personal ideas of what it means or what posters are expecting from it, I was hoping to find more information from writings of clarified alchemical masters, preferably. Otherwise all else would be considered conjectural.
    What, in your opinion, differs from a poster's personal 'conjecture' vs. the writing of an 'alchemical master'?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    What, in your opinion, differs from a poster's personal 'conjecture' vs. the writing of an 'alchemical master'?
    A man who has obtained the the philosophers stone will have accurate knowledge of its effects, where as a man who hasn't obtained the philosophers stone can only conjecture.

Also, I'm not saying its impossible for a man who has the philosophers stone to be posting on this forum, but anyone can get on a forum and post whatever they want, so it would be best to get it from a highly reliable and reputable source.

Blog Entries
    I was hoping to find more information from writings of clarified alchemical masters, preferably. Otherwise all else would be considered conjectural.
    A man who has obtained the the philosophers stone will have accurate knowledge of its effects
    Clarified alchemical master is conjecture. No public tangible evidence any author achieved immortality.
    Roger bacon describes effects but we don't have any evidence he had it other than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Clarified alchemical master is conjecture. No public tangible evidence any author achieved immortality.
    Roger bacon describes effects but we don't have any evidence he had it other than him.
    I’m sure theres a great deal of technical particulars that could be examined but its fairly simple as to what my meaning is. There are sources that would be considered more credible than some random person posting on a forum. Also I wasn’t making claims in regards to whats conjectural concerning the determination of the truth of claims of having the philosophers stone, but rather employed the example of one definitively to show why a man without it would be positively conjectural. Contrarily to your argument the opposite could also be hypothesized as to that its conjectural that a man claiming NOT to have the stone, as that also could be untrue. Theres a profuse amount of arguments and perspectives that could be considered but never the less are unnecessarily superfluous.
    Last edited by Glauber; 02-20-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Well, alchemical writings (nowadays just like in the old days) are replete with conjecture, and as far as 'clarified alchemical masters' are concerned, it takes one to know one.

That said, there are a number of texts that can be more less considered canon, and it would be interesting indeed to collect and juxtapose all statements regarding immortality from those.

+ Reply to Thread