Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaking HAND with the sky

Blog Entries

Shaking HAND with the sky

So i have re-evaluated my alchemical pursuits. Im going for a more 'poor-mans' way of research and observations to learn some basics about alchemy and build a foundation for a future understanding.

I am conducting a series of experiments.

I am taking a 60mm crystallisation dish. I am covering that over with a 100mm crystallisation dish. In the center of the 60mm dish, I am placing some potassium hydroxide.

This is the basis of the test, to leave this outside to liquify in the air, and then drying it on a hotplate.

I am going to have a few of these setups and trial some different settings to see if the results differ. The control will just be a standard dish left to its own device. I will have another setup that sits on to of some natural iron ore. I will have another one that sits on the south side of a powerful magnet. and hopefully this coming spring, another that sits at the centre point of a copper frame pyramid.

I will perform these daily and observe any changes.

The ideal results is that the salts will change their crystal structure, and if so, hopefully the different scenarios do so, faster, then the control.

The goal would be to observe several levels of transformation until the hydroxide eventually becomes hardened and opaque like salt.

I believe that the pictures denoted by the hand of the philosophers is the gradual transformation of this process, with Sea Salt, or Common Salt, being the deck-name for the final result of this process, which can be used to create the true Primum Ens (as well as other alchemical exotics) but in this case, im not striving to get the stone. Just to break free of by alchemical blockages and create a genuine Alchemical Ens
    Weeks of coding can save hours of planning.

Blog Entries
    What kind of properties do you suppose a genuine Ens has? What do you see when you picture the final product.

I've been wound up in decoctions of herbs and fiddling with them while making my spring tinctures. (It doesn't take much herb to fill a 2oz bottle, so there's lots of plant matter to play with). By manipulating them with various plant salts (meaning anything that might be extracted from plant ash) I find a great many wonderful things. But even the decoctions dried carefully on a pan and then scraped from the surface make wonderful little preserved "potions" that don't require alcohol for long shelf life.
    I'm saying that to say this. If you discount the decknamen for common salts, why then suppose the most common "plant salt" in modern alchemy to be the right one for an ens. Sodium Chloride(table salt), calcium chloride, and sodium carbonate are also found is the ashes. What has always concerned me is the bulk of the ash, calcium carbonate, which isn't soluble in water but can be used to make lime, which is one of the most useful ingredients ever captured by mankind. So important, that huge kilns were made to roast sea shells and limestone to make it (i.e. also found in the animal and mineral kingdoms). Using lime on my concentrated decoctions sheds a large amount of bulk matter from the solution, clarifies it, etc. When dried, these produce different results than the decoctions alone. Just something to think about while you are pondering the mysteries of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    What kind of properties do you suppose a genuine Ens has? What do you see when you picture the final product.

I've been wound up in decoctions of herbs and fiddling with them while making my spring tinctures. (It doesn't take much herb to fill a 2oz bottle, so there's lots of plant matter to play with). By manipulating them with various plant salts (meaning anything that might be extracted from plant ash) I find a great many wonderful things. But even the decoctions dried carefully on a pan and then scraped from the surface make wonderful little preserved "potions" that don't require alcohol for long shelf life.
    I'm saying that to say this. If you discount the decknamen for common salts, why then suppose the most common "plant salt" in modern alchemy to be the right one for an ens. Sodium Chloride(table salt), calcium chloride, and sodium carbonate are also found is the ashes. What has always concerned me is the bulk of the ash, calcium carbonate, which isn't soluble in water but can be used to make lime, which is one of the most useful ingredients ever captured by mankind. So important, that huge kilns were made to roast sea shells and limestone to make it (i.e. also found in the animal and mineral kingdoms). Using lime on my concentrated decoctions sheds a large amount of bulk matter from the solution, clarifies it, etc. When dried, these produce different results than the decoctions alone. Just something to think about while you are pondering the mysteries of the universe.
    Your insights are always informative and intriguing, DT. Happy to see that you've still been steady experimenting.

I wish you the best, EM! Post some pictures of your setup and let us know about any interesting results you come across.

Thanks for sharing everyone. How do you create the true Primum Ens? What is the function of the Primum Ens?

+ Reply to Thread