Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please Spread this now.

The police will always exist as long as nation states exist. They are the hired thugs which protect and serve the gov't. We can dream about a world without them...but it's just a dream (unless the apocalypse happens).

Pretty sure we will get Chappie style robot cops eventually. It will be good to eliminate the emotion and corruption factors, but what about accountability? Human police have poor accountability as evidenced by justice systems around the world...but wouldn't the accountability of a robot be even lower? What happens if the robot malfunctions and kills innocent people? Not like you can threaten the robot with jail. My guess is any such problems will just be solved by the manufacturers or local gov't throwing money at it. Same thing with damages from pharmaceuticals, the settlements and fines are so much lower than the profits there's little incentive for the companies to change. I could see the same thing happening with private contractors and robotic law enforcement.

Blog Entries
    The only power the police has is "our" fear.

I would trust a robot cop more than a human cop. At least they would follow a certain set of rules, so you could always navigate that.

Stealth is the best weapon and I would not rule out the idea of joining the Secret Service or the police force... after all how can they find you if you are amongst them? One thing is certain, if I would become a police officer of some sort I would be corrupt as fuck. But corrupt in a good way... it would be easy to climb the ranks also because most cops are retards.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    @Awani

You’d be able to follow orders from the retards above you long enough in order to advance?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    If it is a long con or a mission I can do anything.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread