Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Separating Phlegm from Spirit

Blog Entries

Separating Phlegm from Spirit

I have fermented some urine and wish to extract some sal ammoniac crystals. I was wondering if someone could tell me the sign that is noticed when the spirit stops distilling and the phlegm that comes over. From the text it sounds like it could be quite subtle, I suppose ill be watching the receiving class very closely looking for a change in density and viscosity when entering the flask but any advice would be nice, certainly considering how rather annoying the whole process is, what with the smell and all, so I would prefer to only have to perform it once

Thank you.
    Weeks of coding can save hours of planning.

I never saw the sal ammoniac crystals during the distillation step. Once I took the distilled liquid and digested it, the crystals appeared at the bottom after some time.

Another approach is to take fresh urine and distill half of it and throw the other half away. Then repeat the process 2-3 times more on the distilled urine. After 4 times, you will easily smell ammonia and the crystals appeared while digesting. This approach requires more urine to start but I found the distilled urine "sharper" smelling than when I did the fermentation step first.

Both ways worked for me though the end result is a very small amount of crystals for a lot of work.

Blog Entries
    Thank you.

It appears that those on the forum whom had success, actually used the distilled spirit to extract the gooy residue left over after evaporating off the second half. This extracts a lot ore of the crystal (it would seem)

My question is really, how to know when the spirit has finished distilling, and when the phlemn starts to come over, in order to get a more concentrated spirit, however I see what you mean that I could re-distill. Ill give that a go. if need be.
    Weeks of coding can save hours of planning.

The gooey residue will also yield some crystals. I think it was Solomon Levi on this forum who mentioned evaporating fresh urine in a crock pot outdoors to get the "vinegar/acidum" of urine into a more condensed dark color. I tried this too and it works well but oh does it smell bad even outdoors. All I can say is don't let it overflow your crock pot as the smell will travel some distance. You can do a dry distillation on the goo mixed with wood ashes per Golden Chain. I consider this another step to what you are asking above. This vinegar/acidum step I did see the crystals in the flask during distillation but this way does not use the most volatile spirit as that has been evaporated away in the crock pot. Golden Chain discusses both of these steps.

+ Reply to Thread