Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Atlantis Discovered?

Atlantis Discovered?

I figure some of you may be interested in this topic, as I certainly am.
    After having watched all 3 videos, there is no doubt at all in my mind that the eye of the sahara is indeed the site of the lost city of Atlantis. No wonder we could never find it at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

I wonder also whether this site (before Atlantis) might have also once been the fabled "navel of the world".

Part 1: The Lost City of Atlantis - Hidden in Plain Sight - Advanced Ancient Human Civilization

Part 2: This is How We Know Atlantis Existed…AND Where – Lost Ancient Civilization Hidden in Plain Sight

Part 3: Ancient Map PROVES The Lost City of Atlantis is The Eye of The Sahara – Ancient Civilization
    ==================================
    "Show me a stone which can cure cancer in 1 week,
    and I care not whether it transmute base metal to gold."

Blog Entries
    This is a rabbit hole I managed to climb out of many years ago with my sanity still intact. LOL. One book I really loved was Atlantis: The Antediluvian World by Ignatius Donnelly. Even if you don't buy into the Atlantis parts it's still an awesome book.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto alchemist View Post
    I figure some of you may be interested in this topic, as I certainly am.
    After having watched all 3 videos, there is no doubt at all in my mind that the eye of the sahara is indeed the site of the lost city of Atlantis. No wonder we could never find it at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

I wonder also whether this site (before Atlantis) might have also once been the fabled "navel of the world".

Part 1: The Lost City of Atlantis - Hidden in Plain Sight - Advanced Ancient Human Civilization

Part 2: This is How We Know Atlantis Existed…AND Where – Lost Ancient Civilization Hidden in Plain Sight

Part 3: Ancient Map PROVES The Lost City of Atlantis is The Eye of The Sahara – Ancient Civilization
    The Eye of the Sahara is indeed quite suggestive of a possible location for Atlantis. However, as of (relatively) late, there are those who prefer to position it in Southern Spain - more precisely in a wetland area just North of Cádiz called 'Parque Nacional de Donana'.

For more information on this theory, see:

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/42072469/...d-found-spain/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ish-coast.html

https://youtu.be/nyEY0tROZgI

That's quite a remarkable vista as well, isn't it?

But either location is actually quite a stretch from the place that Plato so minutely describes in his dialogues - which definitely *falls* into the Atlantic ocean!

That being said, in Plato's report, after founding Atlantis, Poseidon divides the kingdom between his ten sons:

“To his [Atlas’s] twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the (Atlantic) island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades [today's Cádiz!] in that part of the world, he gave the name which in the Hellenic language is Eumelus, in the language of the country which is named after him, Gadeirus.”

Furthermore, Atlantis (says Plato) got large parts of Europe and Africa under its sway. In light of that, I deem it worthy of consideration that both of those "ring structures" we have looked at may actually have been built (or artificially enhanced, taking advantage of natural formations) by Atlantean colonists erecting 'spin-outs' of their original nation at their places of settlement.

In keeping with Plato (and most psychic attempts to locate it), the most likely location of the Atlantic Isle per se is still the area of the Azores, overall.

That being said, there is growing evidence for colonisation of the Carribean islands at much earlier a time than what archaeologists so far believed. And there are other hints at a possible link to the lost civilisation as well...

That's the path of exploration pursued especially by the ARE, based on the psychic readings provided by the organization's founder Edgar Cayce.

https://youtu.be/BhEjcwp7T44

I do believe that part of the confusion about Atlantis' location is due to the fact that its political and cultural leadership was spread out over such a vast area - just as Plato has stated. To me, his dialogues Timaois and Kritias are still the primary sources for information about this lost civilsation - which they introduced us to in the first place.

BTW, the impact of Plato's writings on the occult sciences can hardly be overestimated - including Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    So Plato had accomplished the great work, that's why he had an account from 500 years before ?.

Atlantic Isle per se is still the area of the Azores, overall.
    One of the places Juan Ponce de León thought that fountain of youth might be.

Some solid research and write up.

However, apparently overlooked by most historians were the Mayami that lived throughout Southern Florida - including Biscayne Bay and the upper Florida Keys. The Mayami, from which the greater city of Miami is named for - and may be the original natives who built a newly discovered "Miami-circle" site with mathematical measurements on the south shore entrance of the Miami River, also lived north along the shallow seasonal flow of fresh water across the Everglades up to Lake Mayami - now known as Lake Okeechobee.

Several ancient Indian mound sites near Lake Mayami are testaments to the remarkable network of native communities that once lived in the area long before the first Europeans arrived some five centuries ago. A few miles east of the lake lies a series of prehistoric earthworks known as "Big Mound City" in which the largest mound measures roughly 300 feet by 800 feet across and nearly 25 feet high.
    According to a new scientific overview of Caribbean history as revealed in the book project entitled SPIRIT OF ATLANTIS / The Treasure Adventure by Duane K. McCullough - the same author of LOST FOUNTAIN / Researching the Legend, real evidence exist that links the local natives with the Atlantean legend.

New anthropological evidence suggest the native inhabitants of the Caribbean once used a prehistoric binary language and alphabet based on Mayan mathematical formulas that they inherited from their ancestors known as the Olmec.

This lost binary method of communication is now being rediscovered in the West Indies and along the Atlantic Seaboard. What is very interesting and new to the historical understanding of this prehistoric language is that it is also extensively found in the Armorican realm of ancient Brittany and the British Isles - and also along the shores of Western Europe.

Known as Ogam or Ogham, it was once used to record information during trade expeditions throughout the Atlantean realm during the Neolithic Age. Ogamic communication, found on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, is evidence of transatlantic commerce that predates the "discovery" of the New World by Old World seafarers.

Using fifteen consonantal "dashes" and five vowel "dots", this twenty-unit lost binary method of communication could also be used to send messages by way of smoke signals and drum beats. Even the fingers of the hands could be used to gesture Ogamic messages.

Because the Olmec natives have been called the "mother culture of the Caribbean" by modern historians - and because this ancient alphabet is found on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, a new anthropological view implies the idea that a common maritime culture related to the Olmec once traded across the Atlantic Ocean long ago during ancient times.

The Olmec were known to have created very large stone relics and huge baby-face statues in what is now known as Central America. Their stone-cutting technology would almost match the science that, according to Plato's Atlantean legend, only the Atlanteans could create.

Perhaps that is why many believe the underwater stone blocks near Bimini are related to the lost Atlantean civilization and their forgotten stone-cutting technology.

ATLANTEAN LEGEND
    Plato's Atlantean legend outlined the idea that Atlantis was three things now lost. It was a large continental island in the western Atlantic, a major capital trade seaport in the middle of that large continental island, and was also a great maritime kingdom that once controlled their colonies in the Old World.

Since Plato's Atlantean legend implies the idea that a large continental island in the western Atlantic existed in prehistoric times and was lost because the trade links were broken by a global antediluvian earthquake and flood, a unique idea exist in which the greater American New World continent, named just five centuries ago, is the original Atlantean continent.

The idea that the lost continent of Atlantis was renamed America is a concept not new. In fact, the scholastic writer Sir Frances Bacon suggested the concept nearly four centuries ago in his book NEW ATLANTIS.

Why no other historian since Sir Frances Bacon's book has seen this concept and attempted to elaborate on it is unclear - however, perhaps because no prehistoric capital seaport, also named Atlantis, has been found to date near the shores of America may explain the lack of theories on the subject.

A simple geographical and political overview of Plato's legend would suggest that "the lost continent" between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans - and the great mythical maritime kingdom of King Atlas, has evolved into what is now America and the Western Alliance of Latinized Nations.

As to where the elusive antediluvian capital seaport city exist in the middle of the New World Atlantean continent, that view is still awaiting a tangible discovery. If such a prehistoric site could be found to exist in the New World, then the conventional understanding of the origins of Western Civilization would dramatically shift from the Old World to the New World.

New scientific research into the subject of Atlantis by the SPIRIT OF ATLANTIS book project suggest a that a swampy level area near the western shores of a freshwater lake in Central America may yet yield evidence of the lost capital trade seaport once described by Plato.

Located atop a major fault line that separates the American Plate and the Caribbean Plate, and between two very important Mayan cities, this freshwater lake and swampy level area leads directly to the Caribbean Sea by way of a short river.

What makes this site area relate to Plato's description regarding the famous seaport of Atlantis was that the capital city was nearly surrounded by a flat area bounded by mountains which measured, according to a new mathematical research formula of the Stadia measurement used by Plato, almost ten by fifteen nautical miles.

The reason why this seaport site has not been discovered before today is because the city - which measures one and a quarter nautical mile in diameter, was buried under many layers of swamp mud during a major prehistoric global earthquake. Reoccurring earthquakes in the area have also engulfed the site beyond recognition.

The SPIRIT OF ATLANTIS book project also explores many new scientific theories about how the Atlantean legend is linked to a remarkable series of technological discoveries that, when realized by modern scientist, should greatly improve our understanding of nature and our ancestral origins.

How the Atlantean legend relates to the Lost Fountain of Youth legend is best understood by studying when and where our ancient ancestors first came into being in the New World. Both legends refer to the idea that a place once existed which could "rejuvenate the spirit".
    http://03a9ef9.netsolhost.com/LFstory/westward.htm

Thanks Kibric for sharing that info.
    I took a look at the links, and that site in Spain is certainly interesting and worthy of further investigation.

However, I neglected to mention in my first post that one of the biggest reasons I accept the Richat Structure was Atlantis is due to the abundance of gold in that region.
    I've heard stories from the past that gold was so plentiful in that region, that weight for weight, common salt has previously been more expensive than gold.
    I also remember the legends about kingdom/s in the past in that area who were rich beyond belief from gold possession.
    But biggest influence of all on me, was when I saw a documentary a few years ago where an Australian man travelled to the western sahara and met an old man who presented a very old sword to the camera which had alchemy symbols engraved on it. At the time I couldn't fathom why alchemy symbols were so important to such a backward civilisation that someone would go to the effort to carve them into a steel sword. Now it all starts to make sense to me. These guys aren't backward at all, they are simply the surviving descendants of a once powerful and knowledgeable nation, after their once fertile country changed to the most inhospitable environment on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    So Plato had accomplished the great work, that's why he had an account from 500 years before ?.

There is no evidence that Plato knew about the Philosopher's Stone, despite the alchemical treatises that carry his name and perhaps may be said to be written in his spirit.

But much of the theoretical framework that Alchemy exists in was derived from Plato. Most importantly from the natural philosophy of the Timaios, which happens to be the earliest source of the Atlantis legend as well.

From there, neo-Platonism evolved, which - interwoven with Hermetism, Aristotelism, Stoicism - formed the speculative foundation of the occult sciences.

One of the places Juan Ponce de León thought that fountain of youth might be.

Some solid research and write up.

http://03a9ef9.netsolhost.com/LFstory/westward.htm
    Yes, some are looking at the West Indies, Florida and Yucatan, which I believe to be highly relevant to the Atlantis puzzle.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto alchemist View Post
    Thanks Kibric for sharing that info.
    I took a look at the links, and that site in Spain is certainly interesting and worthy of further investigation.
    Well, just for the record, Kibric shared some info in regards to the Carribean theory. Other stuff relevant to that and especially the information about South Spain was from me.

However, I neglected to mention in my first post that one of the biggest reasons I accept the Richat Structure was Atlantis is due to the abundance of gold in that region.
    I've heard stories from the past that gold was so plentiful in that region, that weight for weight, common salt has previously been more expensive than gold.
    I also remember the legends about kingdom/s in the past in that area who were rich beyond belief from gold possession.
    Well, according to Plato, the Atlantean land was rich in various metals. His record describes their abundant use in the construction and decoration of the Atlantean capital, including gold and a precious metal or alloy called orichalcum, whose nature is a matter of debate to this day.

But biggest influence of all on me, was when I saw a documentary a few years ago where an Australian man travelled to the western sahara and met an old man who presented a very old sword to the camera which had alchemy symbols engraved on it. At the time I couldn't fathom why alchemy symbols were so important to such a backward civilisation that someone would go to the effort to carve them into a steel sword. Now it all starts to make sense to me. These guys aren't backward at all, they are simply the surviving descendants of a once powerful and knowledgeable nation, after their once fertile country changed to the most inhospitable environment on Earth.
    The Australian traveler could actually have looked into the history of his own place for related insights, as the Aborigines also seem to be the descendants of a mysterious, highly evolved population existing in time immemorial. However, that takes us into theories about a lost civilisation in the Pacific, often referred to as Lemuria or Mu.

On another note, yes, wide stretches of the Sahara were once a green and fertile land. There was plenty of rain fall in the region at the time, and that's the foundation for certain geologists' (most notably Dr. Robert Shoch's) claim that the marks of water erosion left on the Great Sphinx indicate a much greater age for the monument than what is believed in mainstream archaeology.

Michael Sternbach: Well, just for the record, Kibric shared some info in regards to the Carribean theory. Other stuff relevant to that and especially the information about South Spain was from me.
    Sorry Michael, my bad. Thanks or pointing this out.

Michael Sternbach: Well, according to Plato, the Atlantean land was rich in various metals. His record describes their abundant use in the construction and decoration of the Atlantean capital, including gold and a precious metal or alloy called orichalcum, whose nature is a matter of debate to this day.
    That's right, so as an extension of this fact, you would expect that the location which formerly held the city of Atlantis to have quite a bit of gold about. I'm not sure if this is the case with the other locations such as Southern Spain, but if so, then it would give further weight to any claims.

On the subject of Orichalcum, I'm was formerly a jeweller by trade and in my experience, the best alloy we ever worked with is 9-carat gold. It pretty much beats every other precious metal alloy that I've ever come across no matter how you want to measure it. It is slightly more than a third gold, with mostly silver and a smaller amount of copper making up the rest. This alloy has extremely low toxicity to humans, is soft enough to work into various shapes, but is still hard enough to strongly hold it's shape once finished, it has high corrosion resistance at room temperature, readily casts into moulds and when liquidified it flows very nicely making it a dream for soldering. If not for the fact it's so expensive, we'd definately use it for a lot more things than we actually do.

I always wondered if Atlantean orichalcum might be a similar alloy to our 9 carat gold. Certainly if the Atlanteans had access to large amounts of gold, silver and copper then readily using an alloy such as 9ct gold wouldn't have the same cost inefficiencies that we have in these modern times.

Michael Sternbach: The Australian traveler could actually have looked into the history of his own place for related insights, as the Aborigines also seem to be the descendants of a mysterious, highly evolved population existing in time immemorial. However, that takes us into theories about a lost civilisation in the Pacific, often referred to as Lemuria or Mu.
    As tough and interesting as the Australian aboriginies are, they dont really have any cool things like hand crafted ancient swords. I'm Australian myself, and while we probably should be more interested in whatever cultural treasures we have right here in our own back yard, unfortunately it just doesnt sparkle for most of us.

+ Reply to Thread