Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alchemy Books for Advanced Adepts

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    Hmmm...an adept in these days I would define as one who could make the stone. In that regard you only need the same books, remedial, save for ego which accomplished nothing as it separates you from completing the work of the wise, since to finish it you must humble yourself!

They are Cyliani: Hermes Unveiled (pdf)
    ICH Real and True Road of Hermes Trismegustus
    And Recreations Hermitques...all 3 outline the same path and if you put them in congruence with each other, where one is lacking description of the matter another is more charitable, where one leaves out process description the other offers insight....they are the only 3 books you ever need ever written in alchemy pertaining to the ultimate coction of the stone of the wise.
    To that can be added:

"New Chemical Light", Sendivogius (The Cosmopolitan);
    http://www.levity.com/alchemy/newchem1.html

"Chemical Moonshine"; and
    http://www.rexresearch.com/ALCHEMYAR.../fleischer.htm

"La Clef du Cabinet Hermetique" - English version: "The Key to the Hermetic Sanctum".
    (Rubedo Press, 2020 - will be published soon, I hope).

With these six, you should have most of what you need.

All of these books deal with making the stone, but once you've made it now what?

Making gold is only the beginning. King Solomon did a lot more than just make gold. He controlled the spirits, had 800 wives, and built the Temple. Some say IF he avoided adultery, he would've been the Messiah and we wouldn't be here right now.

The 1001 Arabian Nights is a collection of 18 volumes, not just one book, with fairy tales for kids, but I read a few select stories as recommended by Jorge Luis Borges in his 33 picks of his favorite books (which if you read, you would become the stone or the Library of Babel) Link here and knowing what I know now and as unbelievable as they sound they seem very real and possible to me. It's like being an architect of the New World, you imagine it and it becomes reality like the powers of the small boy in the Twilight Zone S03E08 It's A Good Life. What I'm saying is, an Adept's job is to create and have fun, but books like 1001 Arabian Nights give some ideas on what to do and some moral pointers on what not to do.

When I asked for some advanced alchemy books, I meant guide books for Advanced Adepts that already made the stone. For example, you can make an ointment with the red stone and by applying it to the left eye you see buried treasures. Another one, when you ingest the red stone you become irresistibly attractive to the opposite sex due to the tremendous amount of astral light infused in you which the opposite sex can sense and begins to uncontrollably crave.
    Last edited by Uncle Scrooge; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:06 AM.
    "Heaven is the first element.
    ― Hermes Trismegistus, Corpus Hermeticum: The Divine Pymander
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro
    PGP Key: https://pastebin.com/AEfuk8KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Argento Vivo View Post
    Thesaurum Thesaurorum gives a few hints on how to proceed on to the way of Divine Magic / Secret Cabala of the R+C...
    Thank you Argent Vivo

My feeling is that Uncle Scrooge is asking what do we do after we have the
    Philosophers Stone ?

And what you have suggested seems to be a most appropriate path.

e.g. Divine Magic / Secret Cabala of the R+C...

Alchemy being just 1 part of hermetics (alchemy, astrology, and theosophy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Scrooge View Post
    When I asked for some advanced alchemy books, I meant guide books for Advanced Adepts that already made the stone. For example, you can make an ointment with the red stone and by applying it to the left eye you see buried treasures. Another one, when you ingest the red stone you become irresistibly attractive to the opposite sex due to the tremendous amount of astral light infused in you which the opposite sex can sense and begins to uncontrollably crave.
    There are no public books that I know of that teach what one can REALLY do after he/she has attained the Stone. It goes FAR beyond just transmutation and Medicine. It would be too dangerous to even hint about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    There are no public books that I know of that teach what one can REALLY do after he/she has attained the Stone. It goes FAR beyond just transmutation and Medicine. It would be too dangerous to even hint about it.
    That's what I figured. It was a lonely time making the stone in the first place because there was really no one to talk to about it other than here on the forum. For an Adept there's most likely no literature like you said, other than in the realm of sorcery. But I've found that as ridiculous as it sounds, there's a lot of truth in fairy tales, especially the 1001 Arabian Nights by Sir Richard Francis Burton.
    "Heaven is the first element.
    ― Hermes Trismegistus, Corpus Hermeticum: The Divine Pymander
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro
    PGP Key: https://pastebin.com/AEfuk8KJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Scrooge View Post
    That's what I figured. It was a lonely time making the stone in the first place because there was really no one to talk to about it other than here on the forum. For an Adept there's most likely no literature like you said, other than in the realm of sorcery. But I've found that as ridiculous as it sounds, there's a lot of truth in fairy tales, especially the 1001 Arabian Nights by Sir Richard Francis Burton.
    Yes, I have an old copy of the Arabian Nights. It is fascinating reading and quite magical. Have you worked with the medicinal properties of the Stone made without vulgar gold?

One more book for Adepts is: Magia Divina.

It is in german only, but there are all magical practices explained, uses of tinctures, how to confect a truly magical electrum alloy, by purifying all 7 metals separately with all different philosophical salts and fluxes. etc etc etc...

Plus Thesaurus Thesaurorum, in scribd is in english pdf.

Plus just meditate and do selfless service, which is what Gualdi and other Adepts told us (to do before, and after, accomplish the great Work)

Gualdi:

Be a good Christian
    This means not too many strange esoteric stuff, just be a true devotee, and practicioner of the Good to others (remember what Hermes says in Poimandres about Good?)

To how i see it, the difference with common Christians lies in the fact that alchemist doesnt need/accept the fact that a priest is needed to get Spirit condensed in order to build up an "etheric" body and get divine Grace. For the rest Christ's teaching are universal... Gospel is also a good book

Quote Originally Posted by Argento Vivo View Post
    Von Bernus says that R+C and Illuminati groups of that time took all existent copies and destroyed them for the eccessive eloquence... maybe they "convince" him not to print the test of the books... who know... if you look at alfr's links of the LATIN prodromus It is evident that It is the last pages of a x-hundred pages long book... just look at pages numeration, and that stems from book 2.
    You're right - Prodomus seems to be the Second Book. So Books 3, 4 and 5 no longer seem to exist.

Blog Entries

Mod Post

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    You're right - Prodomus seems to be the Second Book. So Books 3, 4 and 5 no longer seem to exist.
    Continued here: The 5th Book of Weidenfeld

+ Reply to Thread