Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ens methods

Ens methods

Hello,

Thank you for letting me join on the forum. I have been trying to add photos to this to no avail, so words will have to do.

The method I use is for initiatory work with the planets. I take a pound of dried herb and grind it as finely as possible by hand.
    I allow potassium carbonate to deliquesce at night and at the appropriate day and hour. (I have read that it is recommended to further distill this but have not noticed a difference please let me know if you have.)
    I pour this over the herb, seal, and shake it letting it mature for two weeks. In the case of melissa specifically it becomes a vibrant red color.
    I filter it through cloth (usually pantyhose) a few times to remove any particles.
    I pour alcohol obtained from distilling wine three times over the liquid.
    This usually turns an equally vibrant green. I extract this and as fresh alcohol.
    When I have an adequate amount I distill this until I have removed as much alcohol as possible and it becomes a thick syrup.

I know this is a rather simple method, I would love your advice or methods you have found that work for you.

Warm Wish,
    L

Thank you Laramie.

I have worked a similar process but the extracted essence remains highly
    alkaline .... have you noticed this with your extractions ?

Do you ingest any of your essences ?

I have found the result depended on the plant. Caraway and wormwood I found acidic. Melissa and lady's mantle more alkaline. But it would serve me to actually get litmus strips instead of a taste test.

Yes, I do ingest the essence. The process of the transformation ingesting seems to ground that result

Do you have a preferred method?

Blog Entries

Logistical Post

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Payne View Post
    I have been trying to add photos to this to no avail.
    Host your images externally (there are many free image hosting sites available), and then you can directly show the images in your posts here.

Copy the URL of the image (the image URL MUST end with .jpg or .gif or .png, etc...) and paste it inside your forum post, between [IMG] and [/IMG] brackets.

For more info, see Posting Images & Videos.

I have found the result depended on the plant. Caraway and wormwood I found acidic. Melissa and lady's mantle more alkaline. But it would serve me to actually get litmus strips instead of a taste test.

Yes, I do ingest the essence. The process of the transformation ingesting seems to ground that result
    Hi Laramie

Yes the Ph test strips are a good idea.

I use them constantly as they take the guess work out of what is happening
    with our work.

At the alcohol step, l first try to pour an equal amount of alcohol(at least 95%) to the liquid that you filtered. The alcohol has to be a very high percentage or the separation doesn't work well. Sometimes depending on the herb, I will add some more alcohol to get the separation to occur.

Then I shake this for a few days until the Ens separates into a few layers with the tinctured alcohol floating on the top, some plant matter in the middle, the deliquesced potassium carbonate liquid(usually red colored) then the plant and potassium carbonate salts on the bottom.

I carefully collect without distillation only the tinctured alcohol floating on the top and making sure I don't get or ingest any other layers. Sometimes, I will freeze the tincture to ensure I don't collect anything else.

The salts at the bottom can be reused again too if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    I carefully collect without distillation only the tinctured alcohol floating on the top and making sure I don't get or ingest any other layers. Sometimes, I will freeze the tincture to ensure I don't collect anything else.

Hi catmandu

So good to hear some members are working in the lab.

It sounds like you have been doing this for awhile.

What do you do with it when collected ?

Have you checked the Ph ?

Blog Entries
    Hello,

I allow potassium carbonate to deliquesce at night and at the appropriate day and hour. (I have read that it is recommended to further distill this but have not noticed a difference please let me know if you have.)
    I don’t recommend distilling off the “Angel Water” which is collected by deliquescence. The potassium carbonate is needed so that the alcohol doesn’t mix with the water.

Your process is the same as mine, so I don’t have much else to add.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hi catmandu

So good to hear some members are working in the lab.

It sounds like you have been doing this for awhile.

What do you do with it when collected ?

Have you checked the Ph ?
    I do ingest Ens tinctures that I have made. I usually take 5-10 drops a day mixed with water.

The most interesting thing to me is different herbs produce different colors in the tinctured alcohol. I have seen green, red, yellow and orange colors so far.

I have not checked the Ph on any of my Ens tinctures.

Off-topic, I have fermented fresh cedar in a "brine" with 2% salt and water(from Golden Chain) and checking the Ph of the tinctured brine the Ph was 3.5 so that turned into a type of vinegar/fixed spirit.

+ Reply to Thread