Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions on Lead Acetate

Questions on Lead Acetate

Hello,

I have been using zinc to make a tree of Saturn and have ended up with a lot of lead. I have dissolved this in hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid and then evaporated into a crystalline form. Any resources or recommendations on next steps with this matter? I would like to see where I can take it but haven't had any luck yet.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Payne View Post
    Hello,

I have been using zinc to make a tree of Saturn and have ended up with a lot of lead. I have dissolved this in hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid and then evaporated into a crystalline form. Any resources or recommendations on next steps with this matter? I would like to see where I can take it but haven't had any luck yet.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

LP
    Hi Laramie

Is this a work in progress to the Philosophers Stone ?

Are you following a specific recipe.

I don't recognize this process from any of the old masters books.

Blog Entries
    Not sure how you've ended up with lead after working with zinc, any who, I'll recall what I know assuming that it is just lead that you are now working on.

If you want to do the pyrodistillation method on the crystals, you will need a good cold trap to capture the Spiritus Vini, this is said to be some type of therapeutic acetone, and potentially has some kind of Alchemical attributes aswell.

You must be VERY careful when you take your burnt metal crystals out of the distillation train.

The open air will oxidize the lead so quickly that it's very possible to start a spontaneous fire from just opening the flask. Best method I believe is to first ensure the flask has cooled down, and then to chill the flask as much as possible before attempting to remove the lead.

This oxidation is considered by some to be a wonder and I believe is worth exploring.

Next up, the red oil you obtain from this also oxidized, and will more or less tarnish if you leave it exposed to the air. So bottle it and seal it tightly as fast as you can, it doesn't take long to turn from it's nice red to a darker almost black.

Finally, why are you doing this? Is it worth the dangers? Do you intend to drink this?
    I think you've gotta be seriously committed to want to drink the distillate of lead acetate. Please remember that there are easier and more forgiving metals you can work with such as potassium and sodium, calcium and magnesium ect.
    Good bye most of humanity.

Some like Bartlett and von Bernus have shown those oils not containing any trace of the starting mineral, in all effect, this operation is a pyrodistillation, the metal simply plays as a catalyst of reaction to speed up a parallel reaction decomposing the acetate ions. The result are several organic compounds. Alive, yes, as they come from organic matter (vinegar) and strenghtened by the metals action, but not really alchemy. Things different if you dissolve green lion in vinegar spirit to make gum adrop.

I think.

That is a good propedeutical work to train the hand and the skill.

+ Reply to Thread