Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introduction - Numen

Introduction - Numen

Hello. I'm a brazilian scientist and my interest in alchemy began when I was very young. Since then, I've been researching and performing experiments in order to contemplate its miracles and understand this Ancient Art from a modern point of view.
    Nowadays, my main topic of interest is the salt volatilization through essential oils. I have not succeeded yet, but I know that hard and faithfull work is needed to unveil the great secrets.
    I hope to be helpfull in this forum and I'm sure that the contact with the wise brothers and sisters will provide light in my path.
    My personal website is https://numeninest.wordpress.com/
    Thanks for accepting me!

Hi Numen, I'm new to the forum as well. You have an interesting path to alchemy! What made you realize that alchemy is more than what you hear from popular opinion?

Hi, Madechai. I realized that alchemy was really something else by studying aparently impossible phenomena such the volatization of salts and true photage of the Magnus Opus. I personally don't think that alchemy and chemistry are opposites. Alchemy and spagyrics introduced a hypothesis about the composition of matter that made sense for their time. Chemistry and science show us that elementar matter is composed by atoms, and these atoms combine themselves in almost infinite ways to produce different things.
    Recently, I read an article that explains crude tartar distillation and sublimation in scientific terms. I think that it's noble and good to look back in time and honor the old masters through nowadays models for nature.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Welcome Numen.

+ Reply to Thread