Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lingam

Blog Entries

Lingam

I've been into Shiva and the Lingam for the last few months and it's a rabbit hole I might not get out of. Help!

The symbol on the Lingam above (the three white lines with a red dot) is called a Tripundra and represents: Shiva’s threefold power of will, knowledge and action. Can also be a symbol of the trinity of Hinduism: Brahmā, Vishnu, and Shiva. Tripundra as a word is composed of "tri" which is "three" and "pundra" which is "one which is released" or in other words "liberation". The red dot is of course the third eye.

A lingam is an abstract or aniconic [the absence of material representations of both the natural and supernatural worlds] representation of the Hindu deity Shiva. Lingam is additionally found in Sanskrit texts with the meaning of "evidence, proof" of God and God's existence.

This is an interesting video:

In Hinduism, Shivling [Lingam] is a symbol that represents Lord Shiva. As the most powerful deity, temples are built in his honor, including a Shiva Ling, which represents all the energies in the world and beyond. There is no origin or form that can be associated with Shiva. Humans need a symbol to worship, so the ling was created "Ling means symbol". This symbol we call Shivling has a scientific explanation.

The truth behind the scientific discovery performed by scientist Neils Bohr indicates that the molecules are made up of atoms that consist of protons, neutrons and, electrons, which play a vital role in the composition of Shiv Ling. in ancient time, instead of using those English words such as Proton, Neutron, Electron, and Energy, ancient sages used words such as Lingam, Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma, Shakti, lord shiva, etc., since Sanskrit was the primary language in those periods.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

One day, Brahma and Vishnu were quarreling. Brahma claimed, ‘I created the world. I must be God.’ Vishnu retorted, ‘That you seek validation means you cannot be God.’ ‘Then who is the God?’ Brahma demanded to know.

In response a pillar of fire appeared between them. It stretched up beyond the dome of the sky and below the foundations of the earth. And the fire seemed to be burning without any fuel.

Both Brahma and Vishnu decided to look for the ends of this pillar of fire. Brahma took the form of a swan and flew up to find its top. Vishnu took the form of a boar and dug his way down, determined to find its base. Brahma flew for months and years but there was no sign of the tip of the fiery pillar. Vishnu dug for months and years but there was no sign of the base of the fiery pillar. Finally, exhausted, the two returned to share their findings. ‘This pillar of fire has no base,’ admitted Vishnu. ‘It is endless and infinite.’ Brahma, however, lied. ‘I found the tip. I even found Ketaki flowers on it. I have done what you couldn’t do. I am greater than you. I must therefore be God.’

As soon as Brahma said this, the pillar of fire burst open and out came another God, who looked like a mendicant, smeared with ash and wrapped in animal skins. ‘Liar,’ he shouted pointing to Brahma. ‘You lie so that you can delude the world with your lies so as to dominate everyone around you and feel powerful. You are not God.’ He then turned to Vishnu and smiled, ‘You admit the truth. You are humble enough to accept limitations. You are curious to know what lies beyond the horizon. You are not intimidated by uncertainty or afraid of ignorance. You are in the process of becoming God.’

Brahma trembled and bowed to this self-assured being. Vishnu watched him in awe. The mendicant identified himself, ‘If the formless can be given a form then I am he. I am God, I am Shiva.’

Blog Entries
    Word.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread