Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introduction: Longmen Pai

Introduction: Longmen Pai

Hello everyone! I am a student of both western and eastern alchemy, although I am only a formal student of the eastern kind, more specifically the Dragon's Gate internal alchemy lineage of Wang Liping. I came to that, like so many others, by way of the internal martial arts and qigong. My interest in western alchemy and Hermeticism began in earnest with reading Valentin Tomberg's "Mediation on the Tarot." Since I haven't yet found a good home with a western esoteric lineage in which to ground my understanding, I have found it to often feel like a house of mirrors (like a lot of people I suspect). So I was very happy to find somewhere with the quality of conversation that I've seen here. Hopefully things will start making sense to me now by way of the beauty of actual dialogue with people who have a much greater understanding than mine.

I'm more inclined toward internal alchemy but the external form is of interest too. My background is much stronger in subjects like natural history and anatomy than physics and chemistry, however...

I live in a remote location in northwestern North America. My wife and I both work in the field of wildlife conservation.

Gee, this seems like a very dry introduction, but I do have a sense of humor sometimes, honest!

Welcome Longmen Pai.

Thank you black.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Forums!

Dragon's Gate internal alchemy lineage of Wang Liping
    I'm familiar with Lu K'uan Yu's (Charles Luk) internal alchemy practices, but I'm not sure if this part of the Dragon's Gate lineage or not. The main text I reference is 'Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality' published by Weiser.

How long have you been practicing Wang Liping's methods?
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:19 AM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Thanks Kiorionis! I'm familiar with Lu K'uan Yu. My first form of Taoist mediation I learned through him, although that was by way of the book "The Secrets of Chinese Meditation." I'm not entirely sure whether the Qianfeng Taoism that he practiced was a part of the Quanzhen School (of which Dragon's Gate is a part). What looking around I just did gave me the impression that it's not, but it was only an impression. As I'm sure you know, sorting out Taoist lineages can be bewildering at times. There are a lot of lineages of Quanzhen that call themselves "Dragon's Gate", enough so that Nathan Brine recently put out a video on the subject of why there are so confusingly many. As for how long I've been practicing the methods Wang Liping teaches, it's ambiguous since at my level many of the techniques he teaches are similar to those that I studied in Liping Zhu's Heavenly Essence Qigong, which she learned from Zhang Hongbao. That said, my "results" took off once I started with Wang Liping's teachings. I think that in part that was just because I resonate more strongly with the traditional Taoist vibe and practiced more, and also because the richness of the technical repertoire makes it possible to fine tune one's practice to a greater degree. I still think highly of Liping Zhu and the qigong she teaches, but Wang Liping's techniques are a better fit for me, even though they are so vast in number and depth that I have no hope of coming close to mastering them all.

Anyway, I guess the best answer I can give to your question is that I've been a serious, practicing student of the internal Taoist arts for about five years.
    Last edited by Longmen Pai; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread