Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercury

Kiorionis,
    Yes, if we burn plants we’ll get ashes and in these ashes we’ll find minerals. But if I need a mineral, for example, copper, the best way is to get them in mines … it is my point of view. Maybe there is a Alchemic Way that utilize this procedure, but I really don’t know.
    All things are in a way “biologically active”, even minerals?
    I agree, all things have an inner state of energy … but ????

Nav2010,
    Don’t take the alchemic terms to the letter … not everything means what aparents.
    Manfrid

Quote Originally Posted by nav2010 View Post
    I would have to disagree with that. Elemental mercury is a red herring designed to trap fools into playing with dangerous and often poisonous materials. Beware of the many pitfalls of alchemy, beware of organic materials that have had there names substituted with elements such as antimony and mercury, no good will ever come of it.
    Yes you are correct nav 2010 ... perhaps I should have written Our Mercury

mercury means fire and water together.

Quote Originally Posted by microwatt View Post
    Best answer yet!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by microwatt View Post
    Hmm, I’ve read from some authors (such as Jean Maveric in his “Hermetic Herbalism”) that the Mercury principle is composed of Air and Water.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Some also say the following about Mercury?

Mercury Simplex = White Queen (White Stone?)
    Mercury Duplex = Red King/White Queen together (Red Stone?)

What of the form?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Hmm, I’ve read from some authors (such as Jean Maveric in his “Hermetic Herbalism”) that the Mercury principle is composed of Air and Water.
    Yes, you are right - another great answer! Philosophically it is indeed composed of the Air and Water principles. But the way it acts is through Fire (Sulphur) and Water (Mercury).

Hi Manfrid,

There is no Mercury or Sulphur. There is one substance and one manner of working with it. Such terms are used to make the reader focus on things unnecessary.

From Open Entrance:

Hence if you know our Art, extract our gold from our Mercury (this is the shorter way), and thus perform the whole operation with one substance (viz., Mercury); if you can do this, you will have attained to the perfection of philosophy.
    This is the moment of truth passage IMO. But if you read it carefully, you'll recognise the uselessness of focusing on Mercury and Sulfur. Look at the statement logically and understand what I intended to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    Hi Manfrid,

There is no Mercury or Sulphur. There is one substance and one manner of working with it. Such terms are used to make the reader focus on things unnecessary.

From Open Entrance:

This is the moment of truth passage IMO. But if you read it carefully, you'll recognise the uselessness of focusing on Mercury and Sulfur. Look at the statement logically and understand what I intended to convey.
    well Hg is only one proton away from gold

Dwellings,
    Maybe you has discovered something absolutely innovative about deciphering alchemical texts, because what you say goes against the whole “occidental” hermetic tradition!
    Many times I came across people who said to have a correct method, but whenever I asked for details I didn’t receive anything , just silence.
    The Way that I follow I put in detail , step by step, for those who are interested. I’m willing to analyze your method. What do you think?

+ Reply to Thread