Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Mercury

Hello Black.
    I need some clarifications in order to understand your reasoning well.
    What do you mean by: We need a communication with the Divine Light ... ? How can this communication be done, and how do you know that it is something authentic and is not a mere illusion or fantasy?
    What do you mean by First Door?
    What Mercury you talk about, because there is many in Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Manfrid View Post
    Hello Black.
    Hello Manfrid

What do you mean by: We need a communication with the Divine Light ... ?
    Exactly what I have written .... We need a communication with the Divine Light.

This needs to be a two way communication as in we ask a question and the
    Divine Light responds with an answer. It may not be the answer that you are
    wanting but it will probably be the best answer to assist with your evolution.

An example would be me asking ... "How can I make the Philosophers Stone".

And the Divine Light answering ... "Read Alchemy books and work in the lab".

Then my next question would be ... "Please assist me with the Understanding
    and comprehension of these books and with the work I do in the lab".

If we are genuine, work and study hard then the DL will assist us.
    A lot of thought has to go into the questions that we ask .......

Then again the DL may explain very clearly what you need to do in the
    laboratory to acquire the Philosophers Stone.
    The answers will most probably be different for each person that asks the
    question as we are all at different levels of evolution. If everything is just
    given to us openly then we don't learn or evolve.

How can this communication be done ... ?
    Once again this is different for each and every person. We need to develop our
    Psychic abilities like clairvoyance, Clairsentience or Clairaudience.
    Meditation works for some.
    We can also use divining tools as in Rods or Pendulums to assist us with our questions and answers.

With this communication we are moving into the realms of Theurgy / Magic which
    can also require considerable study and time to practice and master.

And how do you know that it is something authentic and is not a mere illusion or fantasy ... ?
    YES ... this is one of the more difficult questions for many reasons.
    If we do open a channel to the other side then WHO are we communicating with ?
    Is this entity good, bad or indifferent. Is it just a dead person or a Demon.

I would suggest asking to only communicate with the DL or Angels as they answer
    directly to the DL .... and put your answers to the test if you can.

What do you mean by First Door ... ?
    Some Alchemists may say that obtaining the Mercury you have entered the first door
    because with that you can then continue with the Great work.

What Mercury you talk about, because there is many in Alchemy ... ?
    Yes there are several Mercury's in Alchemy and to my understanding the first
    Mercury required to dissolve our gold like ice in warm water for the Work to
    begin is our "secret solvent".

I hope this can help you in some way.

Hello Black.
    What do you mean by: We need a communication with the Divine Light ... ? How can this communication be done, and how do you know that it is something authentic and is not a mere illusion or fantasy?
    What do you mean by First Door?
    What Mercury you talk about, because there is many in Alchemy.
    While I cannot deny what black is saying (which seems to be quite similar to how Khunrath proceeded, communicated with spiritual entities and whatnot), I can say with absolute certainty that this is neither needed nor is it (in my opinion) productive to your quest.

Black, please show me evidence that this is how even one alchemist (other than Khunrath) proceeded. Many have produced the stone, but those who have used this method I am willing to bet are like in the 0.0001% of genuine alchemists.

I know from personal experience that guidance can be achieved in much subtler ways that don't involve you even directly seeking it. All you have to do is work hard at what you are doing. Perfect your craft. Then guidance will come looking for you. You will receive visions and clear signs that you are following the right path (if alchemy happens to be your calling, that is!) This will make you work even harder and long even more for the goal. I may not be an alchemist, but I have experienced this in another context. And I know what I need to do.

An example of a sign: you might be shown a vision of your future directly in a dream. Another example: a series of incredible synchronicities, that cannot be down to mere coincidence (even by mathematics! - for example, 5 extraordinary coincidences will occur within 5 minutes of each other, almost as though the Divine Hand has directly touched you from the heavens in a particular time, at a particular place, overriding all common laws of the four elements etc), will show you the way out of a difficult problem you are working on. Or you could be given a book by someone at random that happens to contain an answer you were seeking at the time. Etc. (Similar to Nicholas Flamel's story - but what people don't know is that he probably continued to have experiences and visions afterwards too, which aren't recorded in history.)

Edit: In fact, I would go as far as to say that the methods black encourages betray a lack of faith in the Divine. One who believes that God knows how hard he is working, and his intention in carrying out the work, will not seek help from anyone other than God. He will do this by simple prayer and leading a good life. The continual guidance he then receives will be enough to cast out any doubts he may have in his mind about this method, let alone then seeking other (less pure) means of receiving guidance!

Blog Entries
    [In fact, I would go as far as to say that the methods black encourages betray a lack of faith in the Divine
    In fact i would go as far to say tammur is full of wind when talking about anything else other than his masters teaching.

Hello Tannur

Quote Originally Posted by Tannur View Post
    While I cannot deny what black is saying (which seems to be quite similar to how Khunrath proceeded, communicated with spiritual entities and whatnot),
    I can say with absolute certainty that this is neither needed nor is it (in my opinion) productive to your quest.

Black, please show me evidence that this is how even one alchemist (other than Khunrath) proceeded. Many have produced the stone, but those who have used this method I am willing to bet are like in the 0.0001% of genuine alchemists.

I know from personal experience that guidance can be achieved in much subtler ways that don't involve you even directly seeking it.
    Yes that can be quite true.

All you have to do is work hard at what you are doing. Perfect your craft.
    Then guidance will come looking for you. You will receive visions and clear signs that you are following the right path (if alchemy happens to be your calling, that is!) This will make you work even harder and long even more for the goal. I may not be an alchemist, but I have experienced this in another context. And I know what I need to do.

An example of a sign: you might be shown a vision of your future directly in a dream. Another example: a series of incredible synchronicities, that cannot be down to mere coincidence (even by mathematics! - for example, 5 extraordinary coincidences will occur within 5 minutes of each other, almost as though the Divine Hand has directly touched you from the heavens in a particular time, at a particular place, overriding all common laws of the four elements etc), will show you the way out of a difficult problem you are working on. Or you could be given a book by someone at random that happens to contain an answer you were seeking at the time. Etc. (Similar to Nicholas Flamel's story - but what people don't know is that he probably continued to have experiences and visions afterwards too, which aren't recorded in history.)
    Yes .... I agree that this can also happen.

Edit: In fact, I would go as far as to say that the methods black encourages betray a lack of faith in the Divine.
    My only faith is in the Divine ..... but if this is your opinion then that's fine by me.

Some of these methods I have worked with for over 45 years to find what works best for me.

As I stated that there are many ways and paths for each and everyone of us to pursue to find the
    best and clearest way to commune with the Divine.

I can only comment on what I have found to work and be true for me.

One who believes that God knows how hard he is working, and his intention in carrying out the work, will not seek help from anyone other than God.
    I personally would not seek help from anyone other than the Divine.

He will do this by simple prayer and leading a good life. The continual guidance he then receives will be enough to cast out any doubts he may have in his mind about this method, let alone then seeking other (less pure) means of receiving guidance!
    And yes again I agree that this is also a very good path.

It was remiss of me in forgetting to add this most important point ... thank you for reminding me.

Devout Prayer is Paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    My only faith is in the Divine ..... but if this is your opinion then that's fine by me.
    I was speaking in general of course, not about you in particular.

In general it seems to me that the people who try to control their fate the most are those who believe in black magic. They are only fooling themselves of course because God is above everything including the devil. By the way, I would include in this people who excessively plan about everything and anything. They are really magicians if you ask me, even if they are only an 18 year old student still in school lol. It is a mindset more than anything (in my opinion). Lack of faith in the Divine in a word.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Devout Prayer is Paramount.
    And yes, this is the essence of the matter. Without this, I would not have achieved any guidance whatsoever and I am sure of it. This is what kept me connected to God ever since I was a child. If someone only asked me for one bit of advice, I would say "never leave your prayer, and never rush it either".

Hello Black.
    First I would like to thank you for your kind and thoughtful response.
    That's ok, now I understand your position a little clearer. I respect a lot what you said, but it's not the way that suits my personality.
    My way of seeing is identical to that put by Tannur. In this respect a passage from Magophon (Pierre Dujols) expresses this point of view well: "The artist's prayer is, above all tenacious work, often hard, dangerous and incompatible with very white hands ...".
    Work hard, very hard, and the "coincidence" will happen, a lot of then!

Black, with respect to Mercury, I agree with you: our Solvent is called Mercury too, Prime Mercury, Common Mercury.
    But what about "our gold"? What is our gold?

Blog Entries
    But what about "our gold"? What is our gold?
    If all things are created from One Thing, then a “gold” compared to a “mercury” is only a more evolved/involved form of the One Thing. IMHO
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread