Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Manfrid View Post
    Hello Black.
    First I would like to thank you for your kind and thoughtful response.
    That's ok, now I understand your position a little clearer. I respect a lot what you said, but it's not the way that suits my personality.
    My way of seeing is identical to that put by Tannur. In this respect a passage from Magophon (Pierre Dujols) expresses this point of view well: "The artist's prayer is, above all tenacious work, often hard, dangerous and incompatible with very white hands ...".
    Work hard, very hard, and the "coincidence" will happen, a lot of then!
    Yes ...devout payer, study hard and diligently working in the laboratory
    can be very rewarding.

The laboratory work is where we get the conformation as to being on the
    right track or not.

Sometimes in the lab we can come up against a brick wall and this can last
    for many, many years with no answer apparent.

A reason for this may be that we need to evolve a bit before we can move to
    the next level of the work or that we are not tuned into the guidance that the
    Divine is giving us.

Personally for me I felt the need to have a clearer two way communication
    with the Divine that allows for more accessible answers to my inquiries.

This can save years even life times of work not knowing what to do next.

Of course as we evolve and approach Henosis this communication is instant
    and ever present within us .... negating the need to use tools for communication.

Alchemy can assist with our evolution towards the Divine Light and this in my opinion
    should be the goal of every Alchemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Manfrid View Post
    Black, with respect to Mercury, I agree with you: our Solvent is called Mercury too, Prime Mercury, Common Mercury.
    But what about "our gold"? What is our gold?
    Yes Manfrid ... this is where the Prayer, Study and Lab work are needed to answer these questions.

Blog Entries
    Our gold is another name for mercury. Mercury was given different names for its different states of augmentation.
    Our gold is also called " clear transparent gold " " aurum potabile " " the dragon " Secret solvent.
    Many authors make clear it is not common mercury that is " our gold " " dragon " " Aurum potabile.

The many names for mercury and its different states is a stumbling block we all go through

Metallick Water of Life: [*So it is in the Latine, though perhaps the words should be Vita Metallica, that is, the Water of Metallick Life, that is, of the Life of Metals] because it affords Life and Bloud to sick and dead Metals, & joyneth in Matrimony the Red man and the White woman, that is, the Sun and the Moon. It is called also Virgins Milk; for as long as it is not joyned with the Sun and the Moon; nor with anything else, except only those which are or its own kind, so long it may be called a Virgin. But when it is joyned with a Male and Female, and married with them, then it is no longer a Virgin, because it adhereth to them,
    Our Virgins Brass, is our Gold; yet I do not say, that all Brass is Gold: also our Brass, is our live Brimstone; but all Brimstone, is not our live Brimstone: also Quicksilver, is Mercury; but I do not say, that common Quicksilver, is our Silver: as I said before, that Water of Life which is our Seed and first Matter, is our Mercury and our Spirit of Life, which is extracted out of the blessed land of Aethiopia, which is called Magnesia, and by many other names.*
    https://www.alchemywebsite.com/ripmerc.html
    Last edited by Kibric; 1 Week Ago at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Our gold is another name for mercury. Mercury was given different names for its different states of augmentation.
    Our gold is also called " clear transparent gold " " aurum potabile " " the dragon " Secret solvent.
    Many authors make clear it is not common mercury that is " our gold " " dragon " " Aurum potabile.

The many names for mercury and its different states is a stumbling block we all go through

https://www.alchemywebsite.com/ripmerc.html
    Hi Kibric

I don't see how the quoted text supports the opinion that Our Gold is identically Mercury and the Secret Solvent. Moreover, gold is associated with the Sun and Sulfur, whereas Mercury is associated, well, with Mercury.

In my opinion, Our Gold is actual gold in a solved/opened up state - especially in the older texts.

Blog Entries
    Sorry should of posted the rest.

Our Virgins Brass, is our Gold
    our Brass, is our live Brimstone;
    also Quicksilver, is Mercury; but I do not say, that common Quicksilver, is our Silver: as I said before, that Water of Life which is our Seed and first Matter, is our Mercury and our Spirit of Life, which is extracted out of the blessed land of Aethiopia, which is called Magnesia, and by many other names.*
    But now to speak something more of our Brass; know, that Brass signifies continuance, or continuing Water
    Therefore, Son, take good notice what is signified by our sweet Brass, what is called our Sandiver, or the Salt of our Nitre, or Nitre; what also by the Bloud of the Dragon, what Sol and Lune, our Mercury, and our Water of Life, and many other things, concerning which Philosophers have spoken darkly, and in Riddles. Know therefore, Son, that our first Matter is neither Gold, nor common Silver, nor is it of corrosives, or such like outward things, which Denigrators groping in the dark now-a-days do use. Take heed therefore, Son, that by no means you admit any thing contrary in kind; for be assured, that what a man shall have sowed, the same shall he reap.*
    Our brass is Our Gold. Our Gold is Our Mercury.

Feels weird putting our in front of everything.

Our Gold is actual gold in a solved/opened up state - especially in the older texts.
    There is a difference between mercury by itself and mercury mixed with metals. You can augment mercury with common gold. Mercury by itself is a virgin because its not adhereing to metal.
    The older texts you mention im sure they make a distinction between mercury by itself and mercury mixed with gold.
    Post one you think is relvant and il try to show where it makes a distinction between mixed and unmixed mercury.
    Last edited by Kibric; 1 Week Ago at 07:34 PM.

There are some questions about which I have no doubts.
    The utilization of the pronoun OURS in front of a term means that the designated object is not the common one.
    For example: our gold means that we are not talking about Au metal, but about something else.
    In Alchemy the term Our Gold refers to the metal Iron (Fe). This is the dead metal that must be opened and quickened by our Solvent, in the first operations.
    But it could be any other metal. Laplace said: "Il convient que je te parle ici du métal mort qui entre dans notre oeuvre. Très sincèrement, tu peux choisir le fer autant que le cuivre ou l'argent; ne sont exclus que le mercure et l'or, comme te l'apprennent tes classiques. Toutefois, les réactions, proportions et descriptions des auteurs se rapportent surtout à un métal, meilleur que les autres. Quelque soit ton choix, tu obtiendras toujours la même chose, mais l'aspect sera différent..."
    The preference for iron is due to operational characteristics.
    We must not confuse Our Gold with Mercury, whether it is Simple or Double Mercury ... in no way.
    Some times Philosophical Mercury may be called this, but it is rare.

+ Reply to Thread