Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making Gold Essential Oil - Or Philosopher's Stone Perfume - Most Amazing Fragrance

Making Gold Essential Oil - Or Philosopher's Stone Perfume - Most Amazing Fragrance

During my early efforts at making the Philosopher's Stone, I stumbled onto two ways to generate the fragrance aka essential oil of gold. It is an amazing smell, very floral and out of this world. Unfortunately, it would dissipate quickly and I would have to repeat the procedure to get the pleasure of the smell.

I finally figured out how to keep the smell and store it in a vial by absorbing it onto an odorless fat.

Any ideas what to do with this perfume? Does it have any magickal properties?
    "Heaven is the first element.
    ― Hermes Trismegistus, Corpus Hermeticum: The Divine Pymander
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro
    PGP Key: https://pastebin.com/AEfuk8KJ

Oh interesting, thanks for sharing Uncle Scrooge.

What flower/flowers does it smell like?
    What are the two ways you have found to generate this amazing out of this world essential oil?
    Where did you find the odorless fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Oh interesting, thanks for sharing Uncle Scrooge.

What flower/flowers does it smell like?
    What are the two ways you have found to generate this amazing out of this world essential oil?
    Where did you find the odorless fat?
    It is a unique smell, the smell of heaven, hard to describe but most definitely irresistible, I couldn't stop sniffing it, trying to get more and more pleasure out of it.

The first way is the wet way. Make HAuCl4, pulverize it and put it in a high pressure glass vessel. Heat it to 170C in a sand bath for 5 days. Then increase the temperature to 185C and keep it for 3 days. Then increase it to 220C and keep it at this temperature for 1 day. Then increase the temperature to 350C and keep it at this temperature for 1 day. It is very important to have a high pressure glass vessel or it will explode. Wear safety glasses at all times just in case.

It will go from yellow, to black, forming long black needles. Then it will sublimate these beautiful red crystals in the middle of the flask. The bottom will calcine back to gold calx. At the 350'C you'll get a lot of circular wind motion. At the end after you turn off the heat and let it cool, upon opening the flask you'll have this most amazing perfume smell which you can absorb onto deodorized lard using a bell jar coated with the lard and putting it over the flask so the smell can be absorbed onto the lard. The bottom will be a fine red cinnabar textured powder, very deliquescent.

The second way is with the dry way. 50/50 by weight mix of sodium nitrate and sodium carbonate.
    I used 5g sodium nitrate, 5g potassium carbonate, and 5g of 24kt gold shot. Heat at 900C for 24 hours in a sealed crucible. Upon cooling and opening the crucible you'll get this most irresistible perfume smell which can be absorbed unto deodorized lard with a bell jar as above.

edit:

1. Put only half the flask in the sand bath so there's a temperature gradient, top cool, bottom hot.
    2. After opening the vessel, you must act quickly by putting the lard coated bell jar on top because the smell dissipates quickly.
    Last edited by Uncle Scrooge; 02-25-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro

Oh that does sound like a very interesting smell, when you said floral, I was just guessing it might smell like some flowers.

This sounds very confusing to me so am I following you correctly?

First is the wet way where you make HAuCl4 (Chemical?) and place it in a glass vessel? Heating gently?

Second is the dry way where you make a dry powder and put it inside a sealed crucible? What is your heat source for this? What material is your crucible made of?

I do find the long black needles and the sublimated red crystals interesting, haven't seen that before. Thanks for sharing Uncle Scrooge.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 02-25-2021 at 06:25 PM.

First is the wet way where you make HAuCl4 (Chemical?) and place it in a glass vessel? Heating gently?
    Yes, you must seal it with a screw top using a high pressure glass vessel. Follow the heating regimen. I'd use 3g of the chloride in a 250ml flask. If you use a normal RBF for this, the stopper will keep spitting out from the high pressure, so it is critical to use a high pressure vessel with a screw on stopper w/gasket.

Second is the dry way where you make a dry powder and put it inside a sealed crucible? What is your heat source for this? What material is your crucible made of?
    Yes, I used a 50ml white ceramic crucible with lid. The heat source is a muffle furnace.

I do find the long black needles and the sublimated red crystals interesting, haven't seen that before. Thanks for sharing Uncle Scrooge.
    Yes, it is fascinating to see and it works every time, I did it a few times. The chloride is from pure 9999 gold that I made myself. I've never seen anything like it or read anyone discussing it. I tried to take pictures but the vessel was too sweaty to take a good picture. The black needles grow to 1"+ in length and the whole mass looks like a hedgehog. The black is very black, like vanta black but with a metallic shine.
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Scrooge View Post
    Yes, you must seal it with a screw top using a high pressure glass vessel. Follow the heating regimen. I'd use 3g of the chloride in a 250ml flask. If you use a normal RBF for this, the stopper will keep spitting out from the high pressure, so it is critical to use a high pressure vessel with a screw on stopper w/gasket.

Yes, I used a 50ml white ceramic crucible with lid. The heat source is a muffle furnace.

Yes, it is fascinating to see and it works every time, I did it a few times. The chloride is from pure 9999 gold that I made myself. I've never seen anything like it or read anyone discussing it. I tried to take pictures but the vessel was too sweaty to take a good picture. The black needles grow to 1"+ in length and the whole mass looks like a hedgehog. The black is very black, like vanta black but with a metallic shine.
    Hi Uncle Scrooge

Do you view this as an Alchemic operation ?

It seems a little off track from what I read in the writings of the old masters.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hi Uncle Scrooge

Do you view this as an Alchemic operation ?

It seems a little off track from what I read in the writings of the old masters.
    You are right, these were early attempts before I had a clear understanding of the process.
    It's something I invented based on previous observations of different processes. It did not make the Stone, but it was a good experience. I would say it is an alchemical operation, in the several times I replicated it, I saw changes within myself and the flask in parallel.
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro

+ Reply to Thread