Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy, The Holy Science

Blog Entries
    Interesting topic!

I’m a fan of meteorites, and have 4 of them. Well, technically 3 (two iron and one stony-iron). The 4th is a tektite (moldavite) which is created from a meteorite impact. It’s interesting that the moldavite variety takes on an emerald-green, glassy form.

They’ve made good meditation stones!

Moldavite

Apparently, according to the wiki page, after a meteorite impacts and projects molten/hot debri into the air, it cools and one of the things formed is a Moldavite.

The relationship to forming in the air is interesting!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Have you tried putting the meteorite on the bottom of your spinal column? I heard that you need to magnetize them first in order for kundalini energy to awaken inside your spine but try them first as they are without magnetism.

I am talking about this text:

Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries
    I have not. I’ve laid them on my heart, as well as with them in my hands, and have slept with them under my pillow. I have never magnetized them, but it sounds like an interesting experiment. I’ll try it when I have time.

Meditating with them in the way I have has been enough to increase energy flow and produce dreams, even without magnetization. Interesting enough the dreams have all been astra-physics related, such as the mathematics behind planetary orbits. Most of the dreams have been way over my head haha.

The article you posted, referencing the use of a male and female magnet held in the hands, reminds me of the pharaoh’s rods, or Egyptian healing rods: https://egyptianhealingrods.com/

And speaking of magnets and magnetization, another interesting experience of mine has been while meditating with a magnet during the springtime, while the head is pointing North and the feet South and aligning the magnet the same. A bit off topic but related to your interests, TI.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRetilus View Post
    Im not sure what you are getting at...I suppose you are lighting on the quality of that stone, not sure what it is....

But when we really believe in God we dont need to pray the same thing over and over again to be heard. In fact God already knows what we need and knows our minds and everything we do in secret. That is why Christ says:

There is already a "stone" inside you that gives life to all, regardless of your belief. It happens when you draw air as ICH states. Fulcanelli often said..."provided one believes" This is because we all have free will, that is how much we are all loved as the sun rises on the wicked and the righteous alike. Christ says the Father doesnt see one person as better than the next, in fact all must repent!
    That is called being self righteous but only God can make you righteous, it is the quality of The Holy Spirit to convict us of our sins.
    Let the spirit fall like dew on your words.

Thanks for opening the thread again. I am not sure why it was closed in the first place but that's ok.

I am not the first to connect alchemy and meteorites, others did it as well like Reverend Vincent Bridges for example. It's a lengthy text but it contains many gems:

http://www.vincentbridgeslegacy.com/...hemy-revealed/

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    Alchemy was called The Holy Science by many authors but they never explained what makes it so Holy. What's the difference between common and philosophical, profane and holy? Is it the choice of the right first matter, it's heavenly nature and origin, the prayer before starting the Great Work? Is there anything Holy below the surface of the earth from whence most so-called alchemists choose their own matter?

What are your thoughts?
    I have shared my own thoughts on this in other posts.

First of all, we must keep in mind that Alchemy was not the only science referred to as holy. Metaphysics also earned that title, some great philosophers even calling it the Angelic Science. Why? Because it is the science which provides the blueprint and prototype of every other science. It is the science which provides the principles upon which every other science is based, as it deals with the most general of generalities; those categories of things upon which every other object of every "lower" science is based upon. Categories such as existence: everything has existence. Thus, the science which deals with these generalities deserves to be called the Queen of the Sciences, the Holy Science, and so on.

Now even Alchemy is based upon the general categories studied in Metaphysics. In particular, the scope of Metaphysics includes Divinity (Theology), whereas Alchemy does not. But here lies the interesting part. Whilst Alchemy does not approach the study of God through metaphysics (that which is not connected to matter, ie abstractness itself or one could also say "intellect"), it does approach it through nature. And this is what makes Alchemy holy. Yes, it is a natural science - which is based upon metaphysics, thus being "lower" than the latter in that sense - but it is also a science which is special because it studies perfection itself. In particular, it is a branch of natural science which was known by the name Generation & Corruption, studying how things come to be and pass away. We must keep in mind that this was a branch of science as respected and genuine as say electromagnetism is today. What Alchemy does is to offer us true, experimental knowledge of this branch of natural philosophy. And since this is the branch of natural philosophy which studies perfection, then Alchemy is the study of perfection in nature. (Of course, later on, by the efforts of the great scientists, we have also acquired experimental knowledge of other branches of ancient natural philosophy, such as mechanics and electromagnetism; all that remains really for us to be able to say we have surpassed the ancients in science is for Alchemy to be encoded into mathematical language.)

So it is Holy because perfection is from God. Only God is perfect and only what is perfect can give perfection. So the perfection of things, how they evolve into beautiful objects which are perfect in their own sphere, how a tree puts out branches, leaves and finally bears fruit; all of these are from God. Also, interestingly in the Qur'an one seldom finds a verse which talks about how fruits come from from the ground without being in the first person. In fact, even if the whole discourse is in the third person, as soon as the part about fruits coming forth comes, the narrative switches to the first person, almost as if telling us that this aspect of nature is closest to God. Indeed, it is also the aspect which makes the spiritual path possible inwardly, hence the "alchemy of happiness" of the sufis and modern "spiritual alchemy" (not to mention Jung of course).

I referred in one of my previous posts to another reason why Alchemy is holy. In my opinion this is not so much because of its subject matter, which in my opinion is as easy to learn as gardening if taught openly. All it is is planting something in a soil and seeing it grow, as well as the purification which comes before. What makes it holy is how it is learnt. Because it is hidden, one has to learn it by dint of their own intellectual efforts. This leads to a kind of circulation of the intellect itself, as it goes back and forth from the "outward" observation (whether in reading external sources, such as books, or in observing and learning from experiments), to the inward meditation which is the core of the matter and is where one connects the dots by one's own efforts of mind. One needs to periodically sit in a dark spot after reading the books etc and simply reflect and meditate on the words of the alchemists, the experiments, and so on. This is the circulation of spirituality, not Alchemy. The outward circulation done in a flask is that of Alchemy. And by reiteration, the intellect becomes lucid and shiny bright like star. It also acquires a power of penetration into the heart, which is the "ground" of spirituality. So by the method required to learn Alchemy, the alchemist is brought as it were to the shore of the spiritual path. No other science brings the intellect into motion as much as Alchemy, except mathematics and metaphysics if approached in the right way (ie not merely memorizing propositions, but actually solving problems on one's own). This then brings us to the whole other topic of the Platonic spiritual path as opposed to the Hermetic path of nature.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for opening the thread again. I am not sure why it was closed in the first place but that's ok.
    On my smartphone version of the site the moderator’s “close thread” button is very close to the “submit reply” button, and sometimes it is selected along with the reply. We usually catch it much faster for other accidentally closed threads.

———————

But moving on.

My question for the thread is, if meteorites are indeed the starting matter, why is it that many books state that the starting matter can be found everywhere and is of a vile nature? That certainly doesn’t remind me of meteorites..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    My question for the thread is, if meteorites are indeed the starting matter, why is it that many books state that the starting matter can be found everywhere and is of a vile nature? That certainly doesn’t remind me of meteorites..
    Much depends on the location of the said authors. If they lived near the deserts like in Arabia or Egypt they were truly everywhere.

Here are the statistics:

https://sites.wustl.edu/meteoritesit...te-statistics/

In former times nobody paid any attention to them because most people didn't believe in falling rocks from heaven, it sounded far fetched to them. On the subject of being vile i mean just look at them! They have a black fusion crust like a eggshell which stains the fingers also they stink! Their interior is of light grey colour all flaky and crumbly.

From one book of Canseliet there was a picture of a desert with dead bulls head and a black rock lying on the sand in the right corner of the picture. If somebody knows what i am talking about please post this picture in this thread.

Last edited by True Initiate; 1 Week Ago at 09:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Interesting about the fusion crust.

I think I know the image you’re talking about. I can’t seem to find it though.

Alchemy was called The Holy Science by many authors but they never explained what makes it so Holy. What's the difference between common and philosophical, profane and holy? Is it the choice of the right first matter, it's heavenly nature and origin, the prayer before starting the Great Work? Is there anything Holy below the surface of the earth from whence most so-called alchemists choose their own matter?

What are your thoughts?
    It's called the Holy Science because only a man of great virtue can complete the work.
    The penitent man shall pass!
    "Heaven is the first element.”
    ― Hermes Trismegistus, Corpus Hermeticum: The Divine Pymander
    unclescrooge@secmail.pro
    PGP Key: https://pastebin.com/AEfuk8KJ

+ Reply to Thread