Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: Sorcery For Immortality And Transmutation Of Metals

  1. #81
    Kibric and Black

    Thanks for your positive feedback to my previous post. I intend to start a topic on the transformation of humanity as soon as I can find the time.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    579
    Blog Entries
    7

    Unhappy

    I dont think i was positive ?

    Transforming humanity into talking microwaves.
    Black is far too optimistic in my view.
    I used to remember hope...

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannur View Post
    Dear Michael

    Any recommendations on English primary sources for Giordano Bruno's memory method? Next best: any good secondary sources?

    Thanks

    Hi Tannur

    The foundational text on Bruno's memory art is his De Umbris Idearum, available in English:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Umbris-Idea...8188309&sr=8-1

    Also, I highly recommend Frances A. Yates' The Art of Memory for a brilliant introduction to the topic:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Memory-...8188717&sr=8-1

    All of Yates' books are superb summaries of the various facettes of Hermetic philosophy.

    Ramadan kareem!

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    I dont think i was positive ?

    Transforming humanity into talking microwaves.
    Black is far too optimistic in my view.
    I used to remember hope...
    Well, in your case, "positive feedback" referred to your approval as expressed by "well said".

    I am looking forward to discussing the topic more in depth with both of you in my upcoming thread.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    579
    Blog Entries
    7
    Well, in your case, "positive feedback" referred to your approval as expressed by "well said".*
    Lol. I am a bundle of joy...

    Yer me too

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    6,563
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    I intend to start a topic on the transformation of humanity as soon as I can find the time.
    Why not start the transformation itself rather than the topic of it? (when you have time )

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    a much needed alternative to Trans-Humanism and related movements, which are in fact the epitome of a materialistic science and technology that separates matter from spirit and in fact denies the real existence of the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Transhumanism is already here. We don't notice it..
    Yep. Agent Smith is all over the place. Where the fuck is Neo

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    I get around.
    Posts
    282
    What is The Matrix?

    Last edited by Seraphim; 1 Day Ago at 05:03 PM.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    Hi Tannur

    The foundational text on Bruno's memory art is his De Umbris Idearum, available in English:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Umbris-Idea...8188309&sr=8-1

    Also, I highly recommend Frances A. Yates' The Art of Memory for a brilliant introduction to the topic:

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Memory-...8188717&sr=8-1

    All of Yates' books are superb summaries of the various facettes of Hermetic philosophy.

    Ramadan kareem!
    Great, I will have a look into them. It will be interesting to find out how much Bruno himself considered his art a way of using the imagination for microcosm-macrocosm correspondence purposes. Or if it was just an advanced memory art which Yates and other modern interpreters are projecting things onto? I know that Ibn Sina discusses the use of the imagination for physical effects in his Canon, for example (based on an ancient theory about it).

    And thanks! - Ramadan will start tomorrow this year.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Why not start the transformation itself rather than the topic of it? (when you have time )
    Actually, I am currently receiving requests to transform civilizations from all over the galaxy. But I will see if I can squeeze this one in sometime next week. After a lunch break perhaps.


  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannur View Post
    Great, I will have a look into them. It will be interesting to find out how much Bruno himself considered his art a way of using the imagination for microcosm-macrocosm correspondence purposes. Or if it was just an advanced memory art which Yates and other modern interpreters are projecting things onto? I know that Ibn Sina discusses the use of the imagination for physical effects in his Canon, for example (based on an ancient theory about it).

    And thanks! - Ramadan will start tomorrow this year.
    Cool. Make sure you share your conclusions.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts