Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AF Code of Conduct: An Attempt to Refine, Clarify & Rectify

Blog Entries

AF Code of Conduct: An Attempt to Refine, Clarify & Rectify

Note: This is a Spin-Off Topic, relocated from HERE.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

The various "claims" in and of themselves are not the issue here.

What's "problematic" is not the sharing of your own Alchemical journey (which I'd like to believe you're doing in an honest manner, at least from your POV), but the incessant need and compulsion to pontificate and to jump in on various threads and "correct" other people and "grade their performance" based on aforementioned "claims". We all have our own journeys.

For example, posting and using in debates things such as:

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    My Mentor is the Ouroboros, the Alpha and Omega, the All Knowing, the All, from whence we came we shall return and the Divine Light are just a few of His names.
    and
    It would appear that the "All Knowing" does not share your opinion.
    is not the most constructive M.O. to put it mildly. It's one of the most common Logical Fallacies: Appeal to Authority. Such fallacies are ultimately fatally toxic to any debate or exchange, online or IRL.

Please avoid this as best you can, for more harmonious and coherent exchanges in the future.

Only after dropping the needless and unsolicited "corrections", pontifications and general grandstanding, we may all be able to realize we likely have more in common than not.

Thank you.

Last edited by Andro; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:15 PM. Reason: Creation of Spin-Off Thread.
    |

Blog Entries
    I'm ordering all of you to back the **** off @Black.

Stop ganging up on him

hahaha im kidding im not mad hehehe but yeah, why are you all huddling up around him?

You think you are more right because you have the numbers? You want to know the ratio between an occultist and the masses that say occult is superstitious hocus pocus and not real? We must assume the masses are more wise than the scientist if we are to consider these numbers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember what I said in one of my other posts when responding to @Seth-Ra?

If you don't like what someone is saying/asserting you can turn a blind eye and ignore it!

@Seth-Ra argued that myself and @Black could do the same. However, recognize the spirit that is driving both of us which may or may not be the same. Are we being unfriendly? Disrespectful? Maybe some of us are in the mood to debate, argue, challenge others but in good spirits!!!! please let us love each other please

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tAlchemist View Post
    I'm ordering all of you to back the **** off @Black.

Stop ganging up on him

hahaha im kidding im not mad hehehe but yeah, why are you all huddling up around him?
    No one is "ganging up" on anyone. We are having discussions with him. Some are questioning and critiquing his claims. I specifically am rebutting his authoritarianism that he's spread all over the forum like a crusader on a rampage over the last few months (in a civil manner, on both our parts, as far as I can tell.)

You think you are more right because you have the numbers? You want to know the ratio between an occultist and the masses that say occult is superstitious hocus pocus and not real? We must assume the masses are more wise than the scientist if we are to consider these numbers!
    The above is nonsensical.
    There is not a mob-rule or numbers game at play here. Andro and I, for example, have many disagreements, and have over the years, but are friends and agree on much of the Arcanum itself, despite difference of lenses through which we view it or paths we tread to approach it. If anything, such is my point to Black; there is more than one way to reach the Stone.
    Likewise, the views of the ignorant masses, who believe MSM and spend their days chasing soap operas and gossip, are of worthless weight. Besides, even in your analogy, you're wrong. Only is the relatively recent West full of atheists in any large numbers. The rest of the world, and that of humanity throughout the ages, has believed in the supernatural and the role of priests/occultists/magi/alchemists.

Remember what I said in one of my other posts when responding to @Seth-Ra?

If you don't like what someone is saying/asserting you can turn a blind eye and ignore it!

@Seth-Ra argued that myself and @Black could do the same. However, recognize the spirit that is driving both of us which may or may not be the same. Are we being unfriendly? Disrespectful? Maybe some of us are in the mood to debate, argue, challenge others but in good spirits!!!! please let us love each other please
    If you read what I last said in my above post to Black, I am not at all trying to fight with him, but we are in a discussion and banter on the nature of things. By all means, turn the blind eye if you want. We clearly are not, and since you post as well, neither are you.
    So if you're not gonna swallow your own medicine - why expect us to?
    Discussion and/or debate is my medicine, so let's get to it.

Have you anything constructive to offer to the discussion beyond distraction and calls to silence it?

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Godís in His Heaven, Allís right with the World.

Blog Entries
    Seth, black is so full of shit. He just making it up at this point.

Two paths to quintenssence?

If you read carefully he didnt explain shit, just bolded his words.

Blog Entries
    Listening to you guys arguing always improves my day
    If at first you don't succeed....

Blog Entries
    No arguing here, just separating the wheat from the chaff.

|

Blog Entries
    My dear friend Andro has said more without a word than I should dare to refute with them.
    I agree with the art, and will resume silence.
    Ora et labora.

Kyrie eleison.
    All is One.
    Godís in His Heaven, Allís right with the World.

Blog Entries
    Hi tAlchemist

Thank you for these most special quotes tAlchemist, it is music to my soul that some members actually go to the trouble of reading Alchemic texts.

On the other hand I am appalled at the extremely high level of Alchemic illiteracy on this forum.

The meaning of illiteracy = lack of knowledge in a particular subject; ignorance.

One of the forums long term members commented to me recently that he felt a number of the members "just wanted it all handed to them on a plate".

He may well be correct.
    There's nothing really alchemical about this forum to be honest, a whole lot of seekers but not many I can see who are necessarily ''worthy'' and I've expressed my opinion on what unworthiness means, which is people who have as you say ''alchemic illiteracy'' which is why I was seeking an in-depth and open discussion with you where all can see. If we understand the philosophy then our discussion should harmonize with each other.

Chasm369, Pneumatician, Schmuldvich are banned, and Kriztian, you and myself seem to be the only ones I can recognize to be the ones left that can show congruent alchemical understanding. I'm sure others are around but they seem silent. I think Andro understands some of the philosophy but I can't quite tell if he's able to translate the philosophy into the authentic practical lab work and not the random mish mashing that some members are so very much into.

You mentioned music to your soul, it's music to my soul when you talk about alchemy. I read a lot of your posts and appreciate them.

Blog Entries
    On the other hand I am appalled at the extremely high level of Alchemic illiteracy on this forum.
    There's nothing really alchemical about this forum to be honest, a whole lot of seekers but not many I can see who are necessarily ''worthy''.
    Check your ego boys.

Chasm369, Pneumatician, Schmuldvich are banned, and Kriztian, you and myself seem to be the only ones I can recognize to be the ones left that can show congruent alchemical understanding.
    Isn't it also interesting that the people claimed to be skilled in alchemy (according to you) are also unable to follow simple "rules & guidelines"? Seems to me Master Alchemists are also illiterate.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Check your ego boys.

Isn't it also interesting that the people claimed to be skilled in alchemy (according to you) are also unable to follow simple "rules & guidelines"? Seems to me Master Alchemists are also illiterate.

I don't think @Black's Ego is at play and mine is definitely not! Being open and sharing our truths seems to trigger you right now Awani. You tell us to check our Egos because we personally don't find any congruence with what other members are doing and their connections to the texts? It seems presumptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Right. ''Seems''. Not everything is what it seems. Is the idea totally lost on you that some people just don't care to follow your rules and guidelines any longer rather than being unable to do so? I think one of the members I listed said himself that he read the rules and decided he didn't want to follow them. Where is the illiteracy? lol
    Last edited by tAlchemist; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:38 PM. Reason: I edited out a paragraph for the second time, thinking my message might come off too ''strong''

+ Reply to Thread