Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Results of my Experiment

The Results of my Experiment

Greetings. I have done an experiment with bizarre results.
    So my goal was to transmute the copper and zinc of a penny to iron (in this case ferrite, with a density close to 5.0 g/ml). So I melted a penny into a liquid state and dropped the liquid into a mix of "the sulfur and mercury" of iron. Over the numerous testing I did, I noticed the penny pieces grew in mass by around .05-.1 grams. Also, the density of the new metal wasn't even close to that of be copper (8.96 g/cm3) or zinc (7.14) or Zinc oxide (7.5) or copper oxide (6.135).
    Instead, it was around 4.6 g/cm3. I have no idea what I made chemically or alchemically. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Are you referring to the Sulphur and mercury as being the oil and volatile fraction of dry distillation, or something else?
    If at first you don't succeed....

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Are you referring to the Sulphur and mercury as being the oil and volatile fraction of dry distillation, or something else?
    Yes I am.

Any Idea on what I made? I also noted that it weighs more. Like the penny starts with 2.5 grams, but after the process, the total metal weighs 2.6 grams. And the density is significantly less. Might it have to do with oxidation or something?

+ Reply to Thread