Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy alchemical materials?

Quote Originally Posted by Antinventor2020 View Post
    So what I have gathered from these reports, the only way I can get these materials is if I or some "philosopher" were to make it. As though these can only be replicated by an individual with a certain level of philosophic greatness. Am I correct?
    Yes correct ... but I would alter the wording from "philosopher" and philosophic greatness to Alchemist or Great Alchemist.

Even if you were fortunate enough to find a Great Alchemist, those materials
    would not be for sale.

IMHO ...
    Last edited by black; 10-17-2021 at 03:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    You could ask Avery from Kymia Arts. May be the next best thing...

https://www.kymiaarts.com/blog/the-acetate-path
    Last edited by Andro; 10-17-2021 at 08:00 AM.
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    You could ask Avery from Kymia Arts. May be the next best thing...

https://www.kymiaarts.com/blog/the-acetate-path
    Hey Mr. Andro

Do you think Avery knows anything about Alchemy ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Do you think Avery knows anything about Alchemy?
    Avery sells stuff online that he claims is alchemical. That's what the OP asked for. Nothing more to it.

My personal views on whether Avery or you or anyone else for that matter knows anything about Alchemy are not relevant.
    |

Avery sells stuff online that he claims is alchemical. That's what the OP asked for. Nothing more to it.

My personal views on whether Avery or you or anyone else for that matter knows anything about Alchemy are not relevant.
    What you say is correct and you have assisted the OP with the information that he asked for.

I personally could not offer Avery's web link to the OP as I would have a moral issue with that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    I personally could not offer Avery's web link to the OP as I would have a moral issue with that.
    Good for you. We all have issues to deal with.
    |

Good for you. We all have issues to deal with.
    Also quite true.

But we most definitely do not need to lead the naive along a false path.

Do you consider this to be a false path ? with Avery ... that is.

Hi!
    One should not immediately push a cardboard nose in his face. If one is still inexperienced in alchemy, everything one says about it may sound nave to the experienced person, but that doesn't mean that one as a person is actually still a nave boy.
    One should also be careful not to confuse natural simplicity and a free childlike mind with stupidity, just only this precludes sound judgement.
    I am even of the opinion that an alchemist should preserve enough of it if he really wants to perceive the miracles he wants to encounter. Only a fool and a child are able to do this, and it is precisely these two who can easily detach themselves from all that which only holds them back or oppresses them and creates sluggishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
    Hi!
    One should not immediately push a cardboard nose in his face. If one is still inexperienced in alchemy, everything one says about it may sound nave to the experienced person, but that doesn't mean that one as a person is actually still a nave boy.
    One should also be careful not to confuse natural simplicity and a free childlike mind with stupidity, just only this precludes sound judgement.
    I am even of the opinion that an alchemist should preserve enough of it if he really wants to perceive the miracles he wants to encounter. Only a fool and a child are able to do this, and it is precisely these two who can easily detach themselves from all that which only holds them back or oppresses them and creates sluggishness.
    Yes, hi.

As I previously wrote to Antinventor that with devout study, meditation and prayer
    there is a possibility to transcend Alchemic naivety and evolve to be an Adept.

Some members may believe Avery to be a great adept alchemist ... but this is
    not my opinion of him at all.

Unfortunately for him the two different teaches he studied under still have no
    true understanding of Alchemy.

So Merovee ... do you condone that any person (naive or not) pursuing alchemy
    should be ushered down a false path ?

If you were aware of such a false path, would you step forward to assist that person
    from possibly wasting some of their money or even some or a lot of their precious life ?

Well, yes, just as one can recommend something, one may also warn against something. But if the devil is not at the door, one should not overdo it either (whereby I must say that I have not recognised any exaggeration).

By the way, I do not know this person (Avery), nor can I quickly judge what is supposed to be dangerous about him. When I briefly skim his website, I don't notice anything out of the ordinary, I recognise things that seem correct and other things that seem wrong and do not make him for me an adept who has completed the work. If he were to claim that, I would have strong doubts about it. I know there are quite a few who do that, they just think that no one could check it anyway, but that is a mistake. Does he claim that?
    In any case, alchemy is very important to him, that is obvious.

But what an alchemist has to learn at the very beginning is to listen to his own inner voice, and every true teacher (if one needs one and finds one) does first and foremost exactly that: he helps the student to find himself and his own power, and he helps him to let the whole of nature with all its wonders unfold out of his own heart. But which is the right one, only the student himself can find out.

You are not too far from understanding a very important thing of alchemy, because it is true that spirituality plays an important role. In the Mutus Liber (the silent book), the first and last tablets each contain spiritual instructions. This shows that this is the only way we can first begin and finally perfect our work. Many overlook this, misinterpret it or think it is incidental, but they represent (not only for me) the highest secrets of alchemy. But it also shows that just praying and meditating is not enough.

+ Reply to Thread