Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy 7 and 10 Years to the Mods

Blog Entries

Exclamation Happy 7 and 10 Years to the Mods

Andro has been a moderator for 10 years keeping this site spotless. That deserves some appreciation from us all. Thank you!

Kiorionis has been a moderator and been helping out for 7 years. That also deserves respect. Thank you!

It's weird, they both got the job in February (years apart), with Andro on the 11th and Mr. K on the 15th. The planets align that week of the year it seems. And yes, this might be a bit premature, but I rather be early than forget.

Neither of them has ever got paid a nickel. They do this on their own free time.

No one gets paid around here, any donations go to paying for hosting, url and tech issues and there never is anything that can be considered a profit. Some years we get more donations than is required to pay for the site, but they cover the years when we get less donations. It all evens out in the end.

When it concerns the Internet doing anything for 1 year is like 10 years in Internet-years, which means Mr. K and Andro have been here for almost two centuries soon. They are an institution on their own by now.

Thanks again!

Before the long reign of Andro and Mr. K there were a bunch of mods and I want to thank them as well for their services: the Fool, Zephyr, Salazius, Solomon Levi and Aleilius (RIP)... hope I didn't forget anyone... Also thank you to all that have donated in the past.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

10 years ago I lived in a house in a village on the continental mainland. Today I live in a house in a village on an island.

10 years ago my Internet speed was 5 mb/s at most. Today it's close to 1000mb/s.

10 years ago my Alchemy lab had lots of glassware and lots of other stuff. Today I can pack everything in one box, with room to spare.

Awani, Kiorionis and myself have actually met in person, all three of us at the same time. Amsterdam 2014, I believe. It's great to know people AFK.

I've first met with Awani in person in 2012 in Paris, and then a few more times in Amsterdam. I was also a guest in his home for a week in August 2014, and we filmed a cool podcast there.

I was also extremely fortunate to meet other people from this forum in person. The Fool, Ghislain, Thoth, Sleeveless, Seeker of Truth, Salazius, Green Lion, Zoas23 and also Black and Rebus7 when I was in Oz in 2013.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. With other people from AF I've spent many an hour on video calls. Seth-Ra and Nibiru are among them, and a few newer members as well.

Nothing lasts forever. But it's been a great ride so far.

Also, a Toast to The Fallen: Aleilius, Vlad, N-D-C and maybe others...

One day we'll all meet again in Alchemist's Heaven (or Hell). Ideally In-Between.

Slàinte Mhath!
    |

Blog Entries
    Yes, thanks! And thanks to all the previous mods, and to the members who self-moderate

Didn’t realize it has been 7 years. Time flies!
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Thanks to all the mods for their dedication and tolerance! Much appreciated.

Congrats to all of you!

Thank you for the effort and energy you offer to all of us and the readers worldwide.

Ab Uno - XPhorus

Thank you mods, I do appreciate all the work you do to help so many.

Blog Entries
    Also let's not forget thanks to Awani for getting this show in the road.
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Also let's not forget thanks to Awani for getting this show in the road.
    Absolutely! His vision is what created this great forum! I joined the forum a week after it was created and have received much benefit from it.
    Last edited by Illen A. Cluf; 01-16-2022 at 07:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread