Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Hermetic Secrecy Still Valid Today?

Is Hermetic Secrecy Still Valid Today?

This is a topic that I've vacillated greatly in. It's also a topic I heard many forum members comment about.
    To reveal or not to reveal the deeper inner secrets?
    I have some thoughts I've mused over for a long time and would like to share, hear some feedback, and would very much like to hear back from some of the other forum members about their own thoughts regarding this topic.

The first thing I've arrived at (at least for now) is that I do think it foolish to just share secrets of alchemy with someone who has no knowledge of alchemy whatsoever. Someone who has not attempted to comprehend, someone who has done no leg work of their own research. That, to me, is just casting pearls. Also, to attempt to convince someone who is skeptical, or that thinks alchemy is a sham, a fraud, to use God-given divine secrets of alchemy in an attempt to persuade these sophists, to me, would also be folly.

The deeper secrets, as I have come to discover them, do come with a feeling of "hush hush." Not out of any sort of possessive jealousy, but just, the treasure is so great that it speaks silently for itself. (as an aside: I do acknowledge the depths of alchemy seem endless and when I feel I have "arrived" at a certain point of discovery, more and more depths unveil themselves afterward and I am always most amazed and full of awe and gratitude to Creator of this most divine place where we find ourselves, and although I do feel a potential to jealousy guard what I have discovered, this is not where the hush hush feeling comes from in me.)

So this hush hush feeling is perhaps infused with its own innate and natural form of quietude, of secrecy, to preserve that which is most holy and sacred from entering into the domain of the profane and greedy. I myself hold back information instead of blatantly sharing. I am even a little cryptic in a new post about mining and dwarves which I started (here)
    I have done more sharing in the past, and somewhat abashedly I confess or perhaps wonder at what I really thought I was revealing?

When I was younger and dumber, I was also a lot more idealistic. I thought we should all share for the good of humanity... that the Stone was a means to heal the world and end all suffering. And there is a way of helping people, of perhaps even helping at a higher level, especially as one becomes the Stone, embodies the essence of Creation...but I was very nave then as well, and I didn't recognize the full scope of the dark elements that seek dominion over this planet, nor the long line of useful idiots that do their bidding. Would I ever want the Stone itself, or the ways to it, to fall into the wrong hands? Would I want to be one responsible for that? Assuredly, no.

This does beg the question - CAN someone who is totally disconnected from the Divine, who is motivated for strictly greedy or selfish reasons, even ever really make the Stone? I am afraid to say, I think it must be so, otherwise, why all the secrecy of the Adepts of Old? Perhaps in some paths one so disconnected from God could not, for example, not on the "inner path" - but there seem to be some simple enough methods to create the Stone that any wicked or tyrannical person might be able to do and for them to have the Stone would not be good.

That begs another question - Don't these people, who liken themselves to God and thus grant themselves the self-acclaimed right to rule over others - these people that are at the tops of these organizations - already have the Stone? My hunch is maybe.
    My thought is that if it were the Universal stone, that it would purge them of their desire and they could not continue on the path they are on. That may be a lingering ideal I have. I don't know. But perhaps not so with the stone specified to the mineral kingdom.
    I really don't know. I am happy to hear the thoughts of others.

There is also the factor of "jealously" guarding something one deems a treasure. This stems from the dark side of human nature. This lives in me. I know it well. I feel it trying to lead me down the path of Golem's "my precious." I think it's something one has to transcend, because just as there is a good reason NOT to share, there may also be a bad reason NOT to share.

And can we not see by reading the old texts, that there were many who jealousy guarded the secrets of the stone so that they alone could bask in the glory of their privileged position? Haven't the rich wanted to stay rich? Haven't the knowledgeable hoarded the knowledge? Didn't Kabbalists keep their knowledge guarded closely to their chests?

Here is where it is nice to have a friend to share with. So that those channels of sharing with the openness of heart do not ossify and clog the central sphere of the microcosm in us. Or share here on the forums. Help guide someone along their path. Help point them in the right direction. Drop a hint. a breadcrumb, or a slice of bread. Whatever.

And that brings up another point.
    I can confess I would have been very happy to have just received the knowledge I have now. And I know that even though I desired that, it wouldn't have served me.

We are in an interesting day and age. I read one of Andro's posts that I wholeheartedly agree with - that it is predicted in the end times the truth will be shouted from the mountaintops. I do think there is no holding this knowledge back, when the time is ripe on the planet. I think this has to do with the rising up of the evil we see that attempts to control everything. When this rises up, it would seem the Christ rises up too. Rudolf Steiner wrote about this, but it is also plain to see.

I have learned so much through this Forum. So much. All the clues are here. At the click of a button one might search for all desired keywords. It's an alchemists wet dream. Can you imagine if the masters of old had access to all this information in the way we do? That would make for a really cool movie or story.

They could only have been held back by the time and effort required to journey to libraries to find the texts they sought (and many they didn't even know existed) and to have to physical read each line to find the passages they sought. On this forum, and in this age on the internet, most of the texts are available and on the forum, the secrets are there - revealed, in plain sight. (As far as I can tell. OK. Not ALL secrets but so so many. Enough to reveal several paths). One just need do the legwork to organize and assemble. One thing that does "hide" them is the vast amount of knowledge and information shared on these forums. One does have to do a little work. I'd rather be buried in the heap of information than have to scrounge through the dirt to find any small morsel.

I suggest to read everything. Then read everything again. and again. Take notes. Organize your thoughts.
    Those gems that I discovered myself in doing so is a part of the treasure.
    It's a joy and a triumph, as we hear the Celestial Nymph telling Cyliani.

"A victory won without danger", she said, "is a triumph without glory."
    Hermes Unveiled
    OK. The context is slightly different, but it's idea is the same.
    I would never want to deprive someone of their hard won battle with the mystery. The glory of discovery.
    A treasure won without effort, loses its appeal.

I wrote more than I thought I was going to. I could write more, but want to leave lots of room for thoughts, discussions, even debate, should anyone feel so inclined.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triune One View Post
    This does beg the question - CAN someone who is totally disconnected from the Divine, who is motivated for strictly greedy or selfish reasons, even ever really make the Stone?
    The Stone I believe can be made by anyone. Everything is apart of the Divine Will according to my understanding. Anything that happens, according to this perspective of Divine Will, is ordained by ''Natural Order''. All of us are apart of it. People trying to move away are still acting no matter what, in accordance to this Divine Will. People who appear as living ''unnaturally'' or ''unhealthy'' or in any ''sinful'' or ''bad'' way are only able to do this because of the range of expressions that we have. We can be ''Good'' but this ''Goodness'' exists on a Spectrum and this Axis goes up and down. I called God the Devil and the Devil 'God' on another thread because all is One and God ministers to All, in bad ways and in good ways, through his ''Natural Design''.

Someone being eaten alive by bugs... Well, the bugs gotta eat too.

You either will end up with the Stone or you won't in the end. Worrying is useless but Faith might get you what you want.

This all from my own personal conception of the way things are.

Evil men cannot ingest the Stone and live. These Evil men will die hence why an Alchemist has once said somewhere in a book that Evil men cannot possess the Stone and if an Evil man had found the Stone, the author says ''I will never believe that they made it''.

The nature of the Stone will draw you towards ''No-Thing'' and that is where YOU will meet your end. Evil or not.

Children with superpowers can and often are irresponsible because they are Children. Don't let ignorant fools have YOUR Stone. When they die, they will fill themselves with all the pleasures the Stone can provide, the good and the BAD.

Note: Take what I say with a grain of salt, these are my words, and I'm not saying that they are fundamentally true, it's just how I see it.
    Hey! It's tAlc and I'm going through some transformational changes too! Bear with me, and try not to hate me as we live through this!

''If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything'' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by tAlc View Post
    The Stone I believe can be made by anyone. Everything is apart of the Divine Will according to my understanding. Anything that happens, according to this perspective of Divine Will, is ordained by ''Natural Order''. All of us are apart of it. People trying to move away are still acting no matter what, in accordance to this Divine Will. People who appear as living ''unnaturally'' or ''unhealthy'' or in any ''sinful'' or ''bad'' way are only able to do this because of the range of expressions that we have. We can be ''Good'' but this ''Goodness'' exists on a Spectrum and this Axis goes up and down. I called God the Devil and the Devil 'God' on another thread because all is One and God ministers to All, in bad ways and in good ways, through his ''Natural Design''.

Someone being eaten alive by bugs... Well, the bugs gotta eat too.

You either will end up with the Stone or you won't in the end. Worrying is useless but Faith might get you what you want.

This all from my own personal conception of the way things are.

Evil men cannot ingest the Stone and live. These Evil men will die hence why an Alchemist has once said somewhere in a book that Evil men cannot possess the Stone and if an Evil man had found the Stone, the author says ''I will never believe that they made it''.

The nature of the Stone will draw you towards ''No-Thing'' and that is where YOU will meet your end. Evil or not.

Children with superpowers can and often are irresponsible because they are Children. Don't let ignorant fools have YOUR Stone. When they die, they will fill themselves with all the pleasures the Stone can provide, the good and the BAD.

Note: Take what I say with a grain of salt, these are my words, and I'm not saying that they are fundamentally true, it's just how I see it.
    Hi tAlc,

This is exactly what I was hoping for. For people to chime in with their own perspective.
    I appreciate you sharing, especially the aspects of your post that deal with secrecy.

I do differ on your idea of God and Devil being one and the same... or however you put that.
    This is a valid discussion, but I can see it might draw the discussion in a direction
    that is somewhat off topic. ie Does the One include good and evil all together in one big happy family?
    I can see from your perspective, you might not see it as off topic and I appreciate that.
    So I will address it a little. You're welcome to continue the discussion but in case we stray too far, I'll hope we can come back on the topic of
    "secrecy."

I get the bugs eating someone alive, but can we call that evil? No. It's just bugs following their nature.
    That is not evil. We all have our natures. Sure. Some act in opposition to others.
    These are examples of things which don't agree but neither is evil.

What is evil is using power to hold people against their will.
    What is evil is a wolf in sheep's clothing, pretending to be serving the good of humanity but just
    using the false front as a means to control and deception.
    What is evil is taking innocent children from their families for satanic purposes which I will not go into further details here.

Let me say this - I do believe the existence of evil serves God's purpose.
    So... let's say, the One, God, the Creator, created evil to serve the role of challenger.
    I appreciate that. I appreciate that these people that are acting out of pure evil are challenging humanity
    and have some role to play in the broader scheme. I get that.
    But can we say that these people are acting from God's will?
    or are they just serving the role of challenger to God's will?

In my opinion, I think that where many people go wrong is to assume that because God created evil to serve a purpose,
    it means that evil is a part of God's NATURE.
    It's not. In the Christ, the true archetypal Christ that is the Union of Father Fire and Mother Water,
    there is no evil. Evil flees from that Light like darkness from the bright sun. Christ's Light annihilates evil.
    You even acknowledge this in your post by saying that the true stone would kill an evil person.
    Why?
    Because evil cannot exist within the true nature of God (it does in this world of duality).

Let me also say we all have in us the potential for evil. We all have our dark side.
    But this I hope we aspire to purify, to remove the pure from the impure, and to discard the terra damnata.
    When this happens at a collective level, IF that is even possible, but which I do aspire towards in my heart and intentions,
    then evil will be no more... at least for 1000 years, according to Opus Mago Cabbilisticum...
    and then who knows what?
    Another Game of Life on this crazy planet to evolve beyond the point we arrive at in completion of this cycle of the Game of Life?
    I have no idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triune One View Post
    Hi tAlc,

This is exactly what I was hoping for. For people to chime in with their own perspective.
    I appreciate you sharing, especially the aspects of your post that deal with secrecy.

I do differ on your idea of God and Devil being one and the same... or however you put that.
    This is a valid discussion, but I can see it might draw the discussion in a direction
    that is somewhat off topic. ie Does the One include good and evil all together in one big happy family?
    I can see from your perspective, you might not see it as off topic and I appreciate that.
    So I will address it a little. You're welcome to continue the discussion but in case we stray too far, I'll hope we can come back on the topic of
    "secrecy."

I get the bugs eating someone alive, but can we call that evil? No. It's just bugs following their nature.
    That is not evil. We all have our natures. Sure. Some act in opposition to others.
    These are examples of things which don't agree but neither is evil.

What is evil is using power to hold people against their will.
    What is evil is a wolf in sheep's clothing, pretending to be serving the good of humanity but just
    using the false front as a means to control and deception.
    What is evil is taking innocent children from their families for satanic purposes which I will not go into further details here.

Let me say this - I do believe the existence of evil serves God's purpose.
    So... let's say, the One, God, the Creator, created evil to serve the role of challenger.
    I appreciate that. I appreciate that these people that are acting out of pure evil are challenging humanity
    and have some role to play in the broader scheme. I get that.
    But can we say that these people are acting from God's will?
    or are they just serving the role of challenger to God's will?

In my opinion, I think that where many people go wrong is to assume that because God created evil to serve a purpose,
    it means that evil is a part of God's NATURE.
    It's not. In the Christ, the true archetypal Christ that is the Union of Father Fire and Mother Water,
    there is no evil. Evil flees from that Light like darkness from the bright sun. Christ's Light annihilates evil.
    You even acknowledge this in your post by saying that the true stone would kill an evil person.
    Why?
    Because evil cannot exist within the true nature of God (it does in this world of duality).

Let me also say we all have in us the potential for evil. We all have our dark side.
    But this I hope we aspire to purify, to remove the pure from the impure, and to discard the terra damnata.
    When this happens at a collective level, IF that is even possible, but which I do aspire towards in my heart and intentions,
    then evil will be no more... at least for 1000 years, according to Opus Mago Cabbilisticum...
    and then who knows what?
    Another Game of Life on this crazy planet to evolve beyond the point we arrive at in completion of this cycle of the Game of Life?
    I have no idea.
    Good insights. Impressive (to me).

On a side note (which you don't have to acknowledge): The forum hasn't been actively posting since Awani in 22 hours and you and I both had something to post about within the same hour. Providence or ''coincidence''? (Or maybe you saw me post and it motivated you to post?) Lol

Be well. Lets see what the rest of the forum has to say (if anyone else which I'm sure people will, chime in)

Hey! It's tAlc and I'm going through some transformational changes too! Bear with me, and try not to hate me as we live through this!

''If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything'' - Miyamoto Musashi

Blog Entries
    We also have this thread: Secrecy & Alchemical Initiations.
    Separator & Unitor Unum Et Idem Sunt | 𝕴𝖌𝖓𝖎𝖘 𝕰𝖙 𝕬𝖟𝖔𝖙𝖍 𝕿𝖎𝖇𝖎 𝕾𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖚𝖓𝖙

Blog Entries
    Hi Triune One,

I would like to give you my feedback on some of your points, we will see how long this gets.

I had to look up the definition of "vacillated" so thanks for that one
    Okay I will start with this as it addresses the main thread question;
    The first thing I've arrived at (at least for now) is that I do think it foolish to just share secrets of alchemy with someone who has no knowledge of alchemy whatsoever. Someone who has not attempted to comprehend, someone who has done no leg work of their own research. That, to me, is just casting pearls. Also, to attempt to convince someone who is skeptical, or that thinks alchemy is a sham, a fraud, to use God-given divine secrets of alchemy in an attempt to persuade these sophists, to me, would also be folly.
    Okay so I am guilty of doing the former but never the latter.
    I never try to convince anyone of alchemy, but my wife inevitably knows about my studies/experiments and I do converse with her about it but more as a sounding board as she is very grounded and pretty open minded/easy going and absolutely has my trust. (We have our own thoughts, they do not have to be the same, our life direction is aligned overall.) I have also mentioned alchemy to friends where it fit into the conversation, (perhaps 3 in total) One person took a slight interest being my old neighbor, he had experienced a lot in his life and had a good heart. He ended up giving me a bunch of lab equipment that he had acquired as a janitor at the local school board. I was able to guide him through some life events and we both learned from one another. I never got into deep conversation with him on alchemy i.e. stages, theories, practices, starting matters or general purpose of what I was into. He did occasionally notice me experimenting in the back yard and even helped me with pumping the "bellows" on a home made forge. I did show him my distillation set up and gave him some home made eau de vie as we were fire/drink buddies.

Long story short is that I have not regretted bringing it up but also have never revealed anything that was even close to what you can casually research on this website. Also pick your audience; Plus most of us do not really seek an audience but simply another to share experience with such as a good partner.

Now in regards to the "inner" secrets I want to grab this paragraph here and make a brief commentary, I have added some bold to juxtaposition what I am about to write;

"The deeper secrets, as I have come to discover them, do come with a feeling of "hush hush." Not out of any sort of possessive jealousy, but just, the treasure is so great that it speaks silently for itself. (as an aside: I do acknowledge the depths of alchemy seem endless and when I feel I have "arrived" at a certain point of discovery, more and more depths unveil themselves afterward and I am always most amazed and full of awe and gratitude to Creator of this most divine place where we find ourselves, and although I do feel a potential to jealousy guard what I have discovered, this is not where the hush hush feeling comes from in me.)

So this hush hush feeling is perhaps infused with its own innate and natural form of quietude, of secrecy, to preserve that which is most holy and sacred from entering into the domain of the profane and greedy. I myself hold back information instead of blatantly sharing. I am even a little cryptic in a new post about mining and dwarves which I started (here)
    I have done more sharing in the past, and somewhat abashedly I confess or perhaps wonder at what I really thought I was revealing? "

Now I cannot claim that I have discovered any deeper secrets than anybody else but I will say that many of my "aha"s have sort of been revealed to me in serendipitous manners often while not focused on alchemical studies OR I have read them in generous postings on this here site although the two; study and grace do compliment each other and the study helps with the realization process. I also think that some of the more profound discoveries are not simple to put into words even if we wanted to. Personally I can say that some of my own "discoveries" which I would rather call intuition or knowings I do not mention to anybody in the walking life because they would likely not be willing or able to comprehend/believe what I have come to realize. Also take note that a realization is not the same as an integration, more of a glimpse.

It is not guarded out of any sort of jealousy IMO; plus once we have something really special I am pretty sure we have all of that sorted out wither it is a divine life path marking the former concerns as past or in a liberation event a vanished being can't spill the beans can he?

I think that this website is pretty open and revealing but you still have to be "of the spirit" and do the legwork/humbling necessary before you will even get a toe in the crack of the door I THINK

I do wish we reach a stage where the humans alive on the planet remember and integrate that they are the light of the world. I am not there personally, but there could be a day where alchemists/wizards/holy men are the norm and not the exception. Not trying to paint with a broad brush, just saying that a divine science is not perhaps always going to be a secret if the humans can integrate it safely. There are always some who can reach farther into the divine domain or earlier than others but I do feel there is capacity for the race overall to grow in this area and this also is my hope.
    We are in an interesting day and age. I read one of Andro's posts that I wholeheartedly agree with - that it is predicted in the end times the truth will be shouted from the mountaintops. I do think there is no holding this knowledge back, when the time is ripe on the planet. I think this has to do with the rising up of the evil we see that attempts to control everything. When this rises up, it would seem the Christ rises up too. Rudolf Steiner wrote about this, but it is also plain to see.
    YUP

Currently the world interest seems quite low and this is not surprising. Not many would be secret finders here currently. If "the stone" really is just an A+B=C type linear recipe then I suppose it would be irresponsible to post it UNLESS it is too simple that most would just glide over it for its utter simplicity.

i.e. Its really just a salt?

Cool thread
    Last edited by Jimmy Rig; 09-28-2022 at 11:38 PM. Reason: forgot a "to"

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    We also have this thread: Secrecy & Alchemical Initiations.
    Oh yes. I see. I did a search for secrecy and didn't find that thread. It's very up this thread's alley.
    I did find many posts of quotes of Masters using the word secrecy.
    Thanks Andro.

Hey Jimmy Rig.
    Thanks for your thoughts and insights.
    I dig.
    I am guilty of doing the former and probably in my past, would have done the latter had I more knowledge to fling at the sophists.
    So glad I didn't do that.

Currently the world interest seems quite low and this is not surprising. Not many would be secret finders here currently. If "the stone" really is just an A+B=C type linear recipe then I suppose it would be irresponsible to post it UNLESS it is too simple that most would just glide over it for its utter simplicity.
    Good point. I am still not sure about this.
    You know, since "Covid" my awareness has multiplied on many things. I think many of us are
    experiencing a quickening. Many things coming together. Truths revealed. Deeper than ever.
    I did a hard and long and deep push into alchemy about 6-7 years ago, and not for the first time. But it was a deep and prolonged dive.
    Then I had two kids. lol...
    Now, I am back and it's just a whole other level of clarity.
    One thing I have gotten more clear on is how much the "powers that be" of this planet have their grubby hands in just about every aspect of the world. Economy. Religion. Entertainment - Music - Movies - Hollywood, of course. Politics. Education. you name it. They're covering it.
    So I thought, well, what about alchemy?
    What if those that have called themselves the elite ones, which has at times been labelled, illuminated ones (in Latin / Italian?),
    have really implanted many false ideas into alchemy to suck people in and then lock them in an endless maze.
    For shits and giggles? To feel like they're so powerful and joke is on everyone else?
    I wouldn't put it past them.
    When I read "SEX" in the clouds of the official NASA image of the earth, "allegedly" from space,
    I get that they enjoy toying with us. In fact, there is a 'thing' they do, whereby, they have to reveal themselves in some way.
    Well, that's a bit off topic.
    The point I am trying to make is, since I have seen how far reaching their arm is, I had the idea that perhaps secrecy is their way of keeping this knowledge under wraps, because it would and could, liberate lots of folks.
    I get that there are some reasons not to reveal. But as I said, it's possible THEY already have the knowledge and they just don't want US to have it as well. Keep the power type thing.
    You see the multifold nature of this discussion?
    My mind goes in many directions with this stuff. I can see many sides.
    I am not decided on any of it, but still feel the hush hush inside, so that's what I am following.
    I'd just hate to follow a string attached to that up to the puppet masters. Though I am no puppet,
    I have found other strings. Everything must be questioned these days.

Thanks mate.

i.e. Its really just a salt?

Cool thread
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tAlc View Post
    Good insights. Impressive (to me).

On a side note (which you don't have to acknowledge): The forum hasn't been actively posting since Awani in 22 hours and you and I both had something to post about within the same hour. Providence or ''coincidence''? (Or maybe you saw me post and it motivated you to post?) Lol

Be well. Lets see what the rest of the forum has to say (if anyone else which I'm sure people will, chime in)

Ha! That is cool. We must be vibing on the same frequency.

By the way, after I responded to your earlier reply, a phrase came to me that about the good and evil stuff.

The existence of evil as a challenger in the Game of Life = God's will.
    The way evil carries itself out - how it carries out its role = not God's will. It's on its own in that way.

I find the distinction rather important.

Blog Entries
    There is no need for secrecy with those very few who already know (i.e. are already "pre-wired" for this knowledge but don't fully remember yet) AND have the ethical discernment to handle the knowledge responsibly AND are already (to various extents) embodying the Work in their day-to-day lives, therefore not merely seeking information for the sake of armchair curiosity.

Secrecy IMO is also for protecting oneself, i.e. from being targeted, abused, plagiarized, extorted or worse.

There are stories about alchemists locked up in towers and forced to perform transmutations for greedy royals to finance their war campaigns.

There are also stories of plagiarizing and selling (for a profit) information that was privately shared in good faith & confidence.

Those who are "ready", the knowledge WILL find them, one way or another.
    Separator & Unitor Unum Et Idem Sunt | 𝕴𝖌𝖓𝖎𝖘 𝕰𝖙 𝕬𝖟𝖔𝖙𝖍 𝕿𝖎𝖇𝖎 𝕾𝖚𝖋𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖚𝖓𝖙

+ Reply to Thread