Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gilgamesh's Flower

Blog Entries

Gilgamesh's Flower

The dark vine in Eridu grows on both sides of the rivers where the waters of two rivers meet. Two rivers in (eden).

The dark vine is the biblical tree of life.
    "Its seat is the centre point of the earth"
    This is where the famous alchemical phrase comes from.

The dark vine has black, white, brown, blue, associated with its flowers. It been interpreted as a palm.

Historians and academics centuries ago tried looking for palm trees and vines that would fit the descriptions in the amulets and seals. All over the world.

There is no vine or tree. There is no geographical place it grows.

Its an alchemical allegory.

" where the two rivers meet" Two waters. Waterstone of the wise.

"Centre of the earth"

Gilgamesh ties stones to himself and dives into an ocean to retrieve this plant. He brings it with him to Eridu then looses it to a snake...

This is an allegory for a failed alchemical process.
    The story is supposed to teach you to seal your vessel.
    The snake is a dragon, a dragon is our mercury.

Gilgamesh dives into deep water brings up.a thorny plant, when resting on the ground in open air, the snake makes off with the plant.

The dark vine grows in the vessel where the two waters meet.
    Its seat the centre of the earth " the earth its nurse"
    Its flowers are white, black, brown, blue.

The tree of life, the dark vine is the philosophers stone.
    Its the first mention of it in allegory.

Noah, the whale, the flood, the animals, gilgamesh are all alchemical allegories. They didn't really exist as we think they did.

Its king stayed outside his city as if it were an alien city. He wept bitter tears. Father Enki stayed outside his city as if it were an alien city. He wept bitter tears. For the sake of his harmed city, he wept bitter tears. Its lady, like a flying bird, left her city. The mother of E-mah, holy Damgalnuna, left her city. The divine powers of the city of holiest divine powers were overturned. The divine powers of the rites of the greatest divine powers were altered. In Eridug everything was reduced to ruin, was wrought with confusion.
    At its lion-faced gate, the place where fates are determined, it mutilated the copse (?) forming the architrave of the house ....... Ka-hejala and Igi-hejala, the doorkeepers of the house, ....... Prematurely they destroyed it utterly. They completely altered ....... At the gate of the fattening-shed, the animal-fattener ...... the great offerings. Its birds and fish were neglected there. Destruction ....... Throughout his house, radiant (?) in silver and lapis lazuli, tears .......
    The dark vine was recorded by the bablyonians as resembling white lapis lazuli, on the inside?

Along with the fluids spilled from his guts, his blood spilled forth. The ......, which like the azure sky was embellished forever, ...... grasped .......
    Because of this, Enki, king of the abzu, (clay of abzu) stayed outside his city as if it were an alien city. It bowed its neck down to the ground. ( Mercury clipping wings, cutting feet, fixing) Eridu's lady, holy Damgalnuna, the faithful cow, the compassionate one, clawed at her breast, clawed at her eyes. She uttered a frenzied cry. She held a dagger and a sword in her two hands -- they clashed together. ( two waters)?

10-15*She tore out her hair like rushes, uttering a bitter lament: "You, my city whose woman does not dwell there, whose charms do not satisfy her -- where is a lament uttered bitterly for you? Eridug! You, my city whose woman does not dwell there, whose charms do not satisfy her -- where are tears wept for you? I fall like a bull in your lofty ...... falls ....... I am ....... My heart ...... queen
    https://www.gatewaystobabylon.com/my...menteridu.html

The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, set forth an allegory and tell the house of Israel a parable. Say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: A great eagle with powerful wings, long feathers and full plumage of varied colors came to Lebanon. Taking hold of the top of a cedar, he broke off its topmost shoot and carried it away to a land of merchants, where he planted it in a city of traders.”
    But there was another great eagle with powerful wings and full plumage. The vine now sent out its roots toward him from the plot where it was planted and stretched out its branches to him for water. It had been planted in good soil by abundant water so that it would produce branches, bear fruit and become a splendid vine.”
    - Ezekiel

. His word (is) the command of the gods …
    3. His glancing-white instrument (is) the glancing-white instrument (of the gods).
    4. (He is) lord of that which is above and that which is below, the lord of the spirits of earth,
    5. who drinks turbid waters and drinks not clear waters;
    6. in whose field that warrior’s weapon all that rests there (?)
    7. has captured (and) destroyed.
    8. On a tablet he wrote not, he opened not (the mouth), and bodies and produce
    9. he caused not to come forth in the land, and I approached him not.
    10. Warriors with the body of a bird of the valley, men
    11. with the faces of ravens,
    12. did the great gods create.
    13. In the ground the gods created his city.
    14.*Tiamat*gave them suck.
    15. Their progeny*1*the mistress of the gods created.
    16. In the midst of the mountains they grew up and became heroes and
    17. increased in number.
    18. Seven kings, brethren, appeared as begetters;
    19. six thousand (in number were) their armies.
    20. The god*Ba-nini*their father (was) king; their mother
    21. the queen (was)*Melili;

22. their eldest brother who went before them,*Me-mangab*1*(was) his name;
    23. (their) second brother,*Me-dudu*2*(was) his name;
    24. (their) third brother, [Me-man]pakh*(was) his name;
    25. (their) fourth brother, [Me-da]da*(was) his name;
    26. (their) fifth brother, [Me-man]takh*(was) his name;
    27. (their) sixth brother, [Me-ru]ru*3*(was) his name;
    28. (their seventh brother,*Me-rara*was) his name.
    THE SEVEN EVIL SPIRITS
    R.C. Thompson, translator [The Devils and Evil Spirits of Babylonia, London 1903].[1]
    https://sacred-texts.com/ane/seven.htm

1. … the evil curse …
    2. He turned his word …
    3. On a … I arranged …
    4. On a tablet the evil curse he wrote (?) …
    5. In … I urged the augurs on.
    6. Seven against seven in breadth I arranged (them).
    7. I set up the holy reeds (?).
    8. I prayed to (?) the great gods,
    https://www.mesopotamiangods.com/the...tion-of-cutha/
    Last edited by Kibric; 10-24-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    I got my sumerian myths mixed up. The dark vine is sumerian but plays right into babylon.

REV.

1. [And ...] opened his mouth and [spake] unto the god*1[...]:

2 . "Stir up cloud, and storm [and tempest]!
    ( wind carries him in its belly)

3. "The seal of thy life [shalt thou set] before thy face,

4. "Thou shalt grasp it, and thou shalt [slay] the dragon."
    (Fix it)

5. He stirred up cloud, and storm [and tempest],

6. He [set] the seal of his life before his face,

7. He grasped it, and [he slew] the dragon.
    ( come on now )

8. For three years and three months, one day and [one night]*2
    (33, 2)

9. The blood of the dragon flowed [...] *3
    ( Mercury the dragon)

Footnotes

117:1*For the text, see*Cuneiform Texts, part xiii, pl. 33 f., Rm. 282; for a previous publication, cf. Delitzsch,*Assyrisches Wörterbuch, p. 390 f.; translations have been given by Zimmern in Gunkel's*Schöpfung und Chaos, pp. 417 ff., and by Jensen in Schrader's*Keilins. Bibl., vi, pp. 44 ff.
    https://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/stc/stc11.htm

Then did] Nin-igi-azag [fashion] two small creatures [...].

10. [Among] all the beasts he made [their form] glorious

11. [...] the goddess Gula ... [...]

12. [...] ... one white [and one black ...]

13. [...] ... one white and one black [...]

14. [...] ... [...]

[The rest of the text is wanting.]
    https://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/stc/stc12.htm

Typically encountered in medical incantations as*bēlet balāti, "Lady of Health", Gula/Ninkarrak was also known as the*azugallatu*the "great healer", an epithet she shared with her son*Damu. Other epithets, such as the "great healer of the land" and "great healer of the black-headed ones", point to her wide-reaching 'national' significance. Gula/Ninkarrak was also credited as an "herb grower", "the lady who makes the broken up whole again", and "creates life in the land", indicative of an aspect as a vegetation/fertility goddess with regenerative powers. At least in the Neo-Babylonian period, she also seems to have had an oneiric quality, being sought in incubation dreams (Reiner 1960a: 24) and appearing in nocturnal visions (Al-Rawi 1990). Gula/Ninkarrak also had a violent side as the "queen whose 'tempest', like a raging storm, makes heaven [tremble (?)], makes earth quake" (Avalos 1995: 106-7). The goddess and her dogs were frequently mentioned in curse formulae.
    http://oracc.museum.upenn.edu/amgg/l...gulaninkarrak/

Goddess Gula is not a person but an allegory, like Mithra, which is very on the nose, born from a rock etc.

Last edited by Kibric; 10-25-2022 at 03:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    The Tree of life
    "In Eridu, a vine grew overshadowing ; In a holy place it was brought forth.
    Its root was of bright lapis, set in the world beneath.
    The path of Ea was in Eridu, teeming with fertility.
    His seat there is the centre of the earth.
    His couch is the bed of the primeval mother.
    Into the heart of its holy house, which spreads its shade like a forest. Hath no man entered.
    In the midst is Tammuz, between the mouths on the rivers on both sides."
    - Professor Sayce, Gifford lectures, 1902. P. 386

"In Eridu a dark vine grew, it was made in a glorious place.
    Its appearance as lapis lazuli planted beside the abyss.
    ( white and blue beside darkness)
    Which is Ae's path, filling Eridu with fertility.
    Its seat is the central point of the earth.
    ( central salt)
    Its dwelling is the couch of Nammu.
    To the glorious house, which is like a forest, it's shadow extends.
    ( extract the splendour from its shadow)
    No man may enter its midst.
    In Its interior is the sun god, and the peerless mother of Tammuz.
    ( The interior shines)
    Between the mouths of the rivers which are on both sides."
    (Where they meet)
    - Mr. Pinch, The old testament in the light of the historical records of Assyria and Babylonia, 1902, p. 71

Blog Entries
    What is a cold fire? A moist fire?
    Some assume that it means vapour rising up and filling the vessel.

Some authors say it shouldn't fume.

When a gumn, a semi solid, is heated, it first expands as most of the moisture within its body evaporates, and rises up out of it. The moisture that didnt evaporate, that constitutes the rest of its body, contracts, solidifying.

While there is external heat acting upon the vessel, rising heat, most of the moisture will remain in the air and collect at the top of the vessel.

A cold fire is said to cause animation.
    This is because when the gumm, body, has formed and the external heat is no longer acting upon the vessel, the moisture in the air returns back to the gumm, descending and coagulating with the gumm, causing congealing.

Philosophically this is seen as causing animation (movement) because water is synonymous with life and when water decsends to the earth it causes germination of life in the soil for seeds. It causes animation (movement) biologically in the natural world.

When the soul, moisture, returns to the body through a cold fire, where coolness causes moisture to descend back into the body, it brings life back to the body, bringing animation (movement) to the static mass, the gumm.

A cold fire mixes the two waters together, the one water that flew up, with one that was retained within the body.

Each time the gumm, body, is dissolved by the descending moisture, cold fire, it is congealed with the body more and more. The two waters, make a union again and again untill they are knit together into one.

Mercury dying ( becoming static, loosing moisture) and being restored to life (animation, movement) over and over.

These two waters are the two rivers of Eridu (eden), where they meet is the central point of the earth, which is where the two waters are mixed, knitted, into one . A river on each side.
    Last edited by Kibric; 10-26-2022 at 09:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread