Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giordano Bruno

Blog Entries

Giordano Bruno

This is a Phoenix-thread from the old site.

I am not that knowledgeable on Giordano Bruno, but I thought a thread on this forgotten philosopher is the least I can do. Perhaps some of you will be able to add some stuff to this.

The Heroic Frenzies by Giordano Bruno
    Complete works of Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by Anibis
    The work of Frances Yates is very important in this regard. Her books 'Giordano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition', and 'The Art of Memory', are both excellent. Also, John Crowley's Tetradology, The Aegypt Cycle (Aegypt, Love and Sleep, Daemonomania, Endless Things) is a marvelous work of magic realism which features Bruno, Dee, and Shakespeare as major characters juxtaposed with a modern-day narrative. The structure of the books is interesting, since each of the 4 books has 3 parts, following the order of the decanates of the zodiac. The result is an alchemical 'memory mansion' which depicts a full-circle of transformations. cool stuff.
    -A-
    Quote Originally Posted by deviadah
    I don't know how many times I've held the Yates books in my hands thinking about buying them, but I always opted for something else. I have read quotes from them in other books and they seem to be good!

I guess I will have to get them now!
    Last edited by Awani; 01-01-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

+ Reply to Thread