Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Philosopher's Stone and Immortality

Blog Entries
    “Immortality is the condition of a dead man who doesn’t believe he is dead.”
    ― H.L. Mencken
    So as to not clutter another thread I'll post my two cents here.

Now everyone can do as they please, and if immortality is the name of the game go right ahead... but for me immortality in this life, this realm, is kind of like saying I want to keep my current computer forever... it doesn't matter if they come out with new models, 3D screens etc... I want my 2015 model forever.

If we don't upgrade every two years our computer is basically obsolete. Same with existence. If we don't upgrade every 100 years we are wasting time... wasting the true eternity... the true immortality.

In my humble opinion.

Last edited by Awani; 04-19-2015 at 03:00 AM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I have a feeling that i didn't even scratch the surface of this terrestrial life. The old teachings state that the real life is of spiritual nature but i have still longings for this material realm. I am not finished here and i cann't finish it in one life span, i need 3 or 4 at least. That's how i really feel...
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries
    That is probably why you are going to be re-born again and again.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Saṃsāra

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

I, for one, like to believe in the possibility of some kind of super-Spagyric that has the power to cure all illnesses and stop or perhaps even reverse ageing.

My take on this relates to Tom Bearden's concepts of the negative or reversed time flow that can occur in both physical and biological systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus Magnum
    I have a goal, which is almost impossible to achieve in my life, so that's why I'm studying Alchemy, that's why I'm so interested at Philosopher's Stone, that's why I want to gain physical immortality (or few hundreds years longer life). If I could done my aim, I would be happy to die.

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    I have a feeling that i didn't even scratch the surface of this terrestrial life. The old teachings state that the real life is of spiritual nature but i have still longings for this material realm. I am not finished here and i cann't finish it in one life span, i need 3 or 4 at least. That's how i really feel...

I believe the fear of not having enough time to reach our goals, is what actually keeps us from reaching our goals. We waste our time thinking about if it is possible or not (living in the past or the future), while we should just act und care about the present.

Time is only relevant for our ego. It's a source of fear, something that is part of this world. Everything in this world is a distraction from reaching the higher planes... so is time. Time isn't a hinderance/barrier for your spirits/souls/whatever. If you have a goal which you believe is necessary for you to reach, don't waste your time by trying to get more time. That's not going to work. That's your ego telling you a lie.

In the beginning every great work seems impossible. Still, there were people who built empires in one lifetime.

I believe it is like meditating. If you constantly think about WHEN you'll reach the state of "trance" (that's what I call it myself, I am not sure if it is the actualy term for what I mean) you'll never reach it. Just let go of every concern/though and you'll be there before you even know what happened.

To the general Question of this Thread: Is it possible to get immortal?

I think the science of our time is pretty close to extending the life of our bodies. Just replacing old organs with new one isn't so far in the future anymore.

If it is possible through spiritual achievement, I don't know. But I see it the same way as a few others in this thread. I don't think it is the goal behind the spiritual path.

Blog Entries
    If we were able to achieve immortality, imagine how much power a single individual could potentially achieve. It seems like we live long enough to just become really good at something, then we fall apart and can no longer do it. It's almost like a cruel joke. But maybe we deserve it, because what might we become with that kind of power?

Blog Entries
    It is better to concentrate on living a good enjoyable life rather than wasting all of life by trying to extend it. Death should be embraced not feared. Spending time trying to avoid death is like having sex and trying to avoid an orgasm.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    It is better to concentrate on living a good enjoyable life rather than wasting all of life by trying to extend it. Death should be embraced not feared. Spending time trying to avoid death is like having sex and trying to avoid an orgasm.

Some truth in what you said, since the quest for immortality should not keep us from living to the full in the here and now. However, in my view, pursuing the Alchemy that may lead to relative immortality or longevity is a worthwhile study for a number of reasons, whether it is of a Western or an Eastern brand, and whether we actually attain the highest goal or not.

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with extending sex before the orgasm (for a male anyway). Chinese internal Alchemists avoid ejaculation altogether, and believe that this contributes to longevity.

+ Reply to Thread