Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Philosopher's Stone and Immortality

Blog Entries
    Longevity, well nothing wrong with that but anything over 150 years should be considered greedy and counter-productive. 100 years is a good round number.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    Chinese internal Alchemists avoid ejaculation altogether, and believe that this contributes to longevity.
    Prolonged sexual acts is good for health yes, but avoiding orgasm completly I don't think is healthy.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Longevity, well nothing wrong with that but anything over 150 years should be considered greedy and counter-productive. 100 years is a good round number.

Add a zero, and you're talking business.

Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    Prolonged sexual acts is good for health yes, but avoiding orgasm completly I don't think is healthy.

Chinese alchemists avoid ejaculation, not the orgasm per say. Anyway, I mention this for information purposes only.
    Last edited by Michael Sternbach; 05-17-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Orgasm and ejaculation are not necessarily interchangeable terms. One can have the former without the latter.

Edit: Oops, you just posted that

One can also have many micro-deaths in one lifetime without actually dying physically ("ejaculating" the body ).

And we can also have as many incarnations as we like, if accomplishments/experiences in physical form are of the essence.

It might be interesting to compile a list of Alchemists that are said to have actually achieved physical immortality (or at least a vastly extended lifespan), such as:

Artephius
    Flamel
    Count St. Germain
    Fulcanelli

I have read of a few more whose names I don't remember right now. I will be happy to edit and extend this list also by the suggestions of you people.

Blog Entries
    Chinese alchemists avoid ejaculation, not the orgasm per say. Anyway, I mention this for information purposes only.
    Ok then, well I think "release" is good. Just look at the Vatican, just leads to child fucking if you don't...

Add a zero, and you're talking business.
    Well... then you are kind of talking immortality (which is what this thread is about), and also what I think alchemists have misunderstood. If you chase that dragon... you might as well be chasing the dragon...

Going after that kind of longevity is, IMO, foolish and time wasting... but I won't say what others should do... just what I think. Making gold from lead, or living forever, are two major aspects of alchemy - at least what the common man thinks alchemy is about. But both these endeavors are proof that Homo Sapiens are fools. Not that it cannot be achieved, not fools because of this... but because, IMHO, it will not give that which is most important (to me at least): love, peace and wisdom.

Last edited by Awani; 05-17-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    For me, it's like choosing to stay in 3rd grade for 1000 years, instead of graduating and advancing to 4th grade

Either evolve from grade to grade, or transcend the grade scale altogether - neither of which can be accomplished by such linear time longevity.

I would say that this longevity desire may also stem from the fear (or at least from the misunderstanding) of physical 'death'.
    _______
    I.M.S.U.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Androgynus View Post
    For me, it's like choosing to stay in 3rd grade for 1000 years, instead of graduating and advancing to 4th grade

Either evolve from grade to grade, or transcend the grade scale altogether - neither of which can be accomplished by such linear time longevity.
    I have heard the "Earth equals a school grade" argument before, from a fairly well-known guy called Dethlefsen: The third grade never gets smarter, as it's just a transitional station in the soul's evolutionary journey.

But does this analogy really hold true? Aren't in fact representatives of quite different "grades" of spiritual evolution present all at once in that badly behaved school class called humanity? Moreover, doesn't over generations the "class" evolve as a whole? The Alchemists and Rosicrucians of yore certainly believed that:

That humanity is meant to evolve toward a state of perfection, or full actualization of its potential, or Utopia - and with it the whole Universe! (Symbolically, the lead into gold thingie. )

Actually, according to some well-informed sources (such as Michael Ende, the author of The Neverending Story), Earth/the physical dimension seems to be a vital switching point in the evolution of the whole megaverse, metaverse, whatever -verse.

Now it could be that a few "immortals" - with all their knowledge, experience, abilities and not least subtle "radiation" - at any given time are desired by Gaia.

I would say that this longevity desire may also stem from the fear (or at least from the misunderstanding) of physical 'death'.
    _______
    I.M.S.U.
    Well, it's true that it's not always the most daring creatures who survive the longest.

However, personally, I would say that various Out-of-Body experiences in lucid dreams convinced me of my ability to exist more than joyfully on non-physical planes, that minimizes the fear factor.

Nevertheless, I truly appreciate having my physical body available most of the time, and I think it's a good idea to make it a carrier of spiritual energy and express it in my physical environment, thus contributing to the latter's healing and evolution. I get a feeling that this attitude automatically contributes to longevity. So you see, true "immortalization" goes hand in hand with some kind of spiritual purification and progress.

Why is it said in various spiritual traditions that human beings in time immemorial lived to an age of 1000 years and more?

In the book Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, I believe that Mitchell tries to show, that no matter the time or evolution, nothing really changes.

If this is the case then perpetuating this life is like a self imposed sentence to the mundane.

There may be more around the next corner.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Blog Entries
    Why is it said in various spiritual traditions that human beings in time immemorial lived to an age of 1000 years and more?
    Because they are stories. Not fact. Myth. Allegory. Sometimes a person of ancient history might be a symbol of a whole people. So the person did not live 1000 years but the 'tribe'.

We are immortal. But why drive the same car (body) through eternity when new models (experiences) can be chosen?

Don't listen to me. I ain't no authority but I do feel that one does a great diserves to try and cheat death. It is like stabbing oneself in the back. It is counter-productive.

Hibernation/freezing is different. That is not prolonging the self, it only 'teleports' the self to the future a la Futurama.

Last edited by Awani; 05-19-2015 at 03:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread