Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New forums?

Blog Entries

New forums?

Is there a need for more non-alchemy related subforums?

Most things can be tied into alchemy anyway... but I was thinking stuff like philosophy, tarot, science or such things?

Suggestions?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I would support such a sub-forum. Maybe an esoteric philosophy forum that focuses on the links between the various humanities. You could have a specifically "Western" esotericism sub-forum, and an "Eastern" one, if you liked...
    *Z*

Blog Entries
    And I know its name:

The Philosophers Stone - for all philosophical discussions

I don't think there should be a divide between Western and Eastern... this is a kind of eurocentrism.

Let it include all philosophy, even metaphilosophy... it could lie after General Discussions. Taoism, and such things are already in the Spiritual section... but all that is alchemy related. This one, although with an alchemy inspired name, can be more general...

What else?

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by deviadah View Post
    I don't think there should be a divide between Western and Eastern... this is a kind of eurocentrism
    Well it is and it isn't. It might just point to the fact that the European esoteric traditions are pretty interwoven with each other, and evolved more or less as a discussion that, say, the Taoist tradition didn't play a massive role in until more recently (and *possibly* at other times throughout history: this needs support). It is a puzzle for me how to talk about bodies of work that more or less orbit around the same themes and people, and which weave themselves together through common references, authors, and interpretations, without being seen to be centric. Part of me wants to comprehend the true geneology of a 'tradition', while the other part of me wants to play it off, and blend it with other traditions...

BTW, this isn't an argument about how the board should be set up: I say make it general esoteric philosophy... it's more about my own interpretations of accurate epistemology.

*Z*

Blog Entries
    Got you!

Sometimes when reading I just feel something is right...when this is the case then it, for want of a better word, feels right. At other times I donít get that feeling then I need to know how certain beliefs were founded, be they practical or philosophical...when this is the case it has that academic feel to it like a theory proposed but not entirely proved.

When I read posts on this forum I try to read everything as it is posted...irrespective of which ďgenreĒ, so to speak, it has been placed under. I donít believe that pigeonholing a thread gives it more credence.
    In a word, IMHO there is no need for more sub-forums...the ones already created are very comprehensive, plus you can always search for what you want

Ghislain

Blog Entries
    I understand you... I just thought that perhaps it was good to branch out just a little... (not too much), cause alchemy is such a wide subject... but it is also a narrow one... not everyone is reading posts like you!

Blog Entries
    Let's try it...

Blog Entries
    The egg topic got me thinking... what about food/diet/nutrition?

Could be part of Practical.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deviadah View Post
    The egg topic got me thinking... what about food/diet/nutrition?

Could be part of Practical.
    I still would like thoughts on the above... we are what we eat, and perhaps a food area would be interesting?

Or not?

+ Reply to Thread